The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall CPS advertising their pupillage on PP. Not sure what the implications would be. Where Chambers make this error they usually have to extend the application deadline to allow for the pupillage to spend some time on the Portal. This would be difficult for CPS as they are running a convoluted procedure to a pretty tight schedule. Would they have to run the tests again?
Reply 721
Original post by vh123
Oriel Chambers interviews 9th June via post :-)

Congratulations!

I'm away from home until Tuesday, so I won't find out if I've got an interview until I get back.
Original post by ProBono
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall CPS advertising their pupillage on PP. Not sure what the implications would be. Where Chambers make this error they usually have to extend the application deadline to allow for the pupillage to spend some time on the Portal. This would be difficult for CPS as they are running a convoluted procedure to a pretty tight schedule. Would they have to run the tests again?

If they do (unlikely as it is), I'm out. It made me too angry the first time.
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Credits were not used at the College of Law. The only place I'm aware of that uses credits is the OU. Excuse my ignorance, though.
Reply 724
Original post by IllegallyBlonde20
apologies for being off topic but does anyone know how many credits come out of a conversion course (gdl). does anyone have a transcript that could tell me if its 150 or 160?

You must check with your course provider to be sure.

As I understand it, most universities follow the "Higher Education Credit Framework for England & Wales" as this assists with credit transfers across educational providers in the UK and abroad. Guidance can be found at: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/Publications/InformationAndGuidance/Documents/creditframework.pdf
Well, you learn something new every day.
Reply 726
I have heard from someone who applied there, that 3 NS have sent out rejections via PP
Reply 727
3 NS?
Original post by san202
3 NS?

New Square? :confused:
Reply 729
Anyone heard from Five Paper or Warwick House? Not heard a peep from the latter since emails were sent out attributing the delay to an "overwhelming" pile of applications...
Original post by LEM20
Anyone heard from Five Paper or Warwick House? Not heard a peep from the latter since emails were sent out attributing the delay to an "overwhelming" pile of applications...

Nothing here from either...
Reply 731
Apparently Landmark Chambers rejections are out today
Reply 732
Landmark Chambers rejection email earlier today.
Reply 733
3 New Square. IP set I think!
Has anyone else still not heard anything from anywhere?
Original post by Lawrasawrus
Has anyone else still not heard anything from anywhere?

I've not heard from anywhere either. I would say lots (if not most) are in the same position. It is still early days!
Does anyone know what the written assessment at Landmark is going to be like?
Queen Square Bristol will be letting people know if they have been invited to interview the week commencing 4th June :smile:
No i definitely meant Queen Square. Their deadline was 30th April CV and cover. Its for a 2012 start.
Original post by Stephanie 22
Queen Square Bristol will be letting people know if they have been invited to interview the week commencing 4th June :smile:

How did you find this out?

Quick Reply

Latest