The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty sure it was advertised on portal as a non portal pupillage. Although having checked it appears to have disappeared from the list?? Perhaps another pupillage portal balls up? It is advertised on their website as well though.

If you meant how did i find out the info, i received a letter this morning :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 741
Printed application forms - double or single sided printing? - I've gone with single sided because some places might not have double-sided photocopying capabilities but wanted to canvas opinions!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Stephanie 22
I'm pretty sure it was advertised on portal as a non portal pupillage. Although having checked it appears to have disappeared from the list?? Perhaps another pupillage portal balls up? It is advertised on their website as well though.

If you meant how did i find out the info, i received a letter this morning :smile:

Yep that is what I meant! Thanks, I will check my post when I get home!
Original post by Shearn
Printed application forms - double or single sided printing? - I've gone with single sided because some places might not have double-sided photocopying capabilities but wanted to canvas opinions!

I hate reading double sided documents. For that reason, I'd say single sided.
I can confirm that interviews for 3NS are now out via email :smile:
Reply 745
Original post by Stephanie 22
No i definitely meant Queen Square. Their deadline was 30th April CV and cover. Its for a 2012 start.

Yep, my mistake. Good luck!

Anyone heard from Oriel? Someone posted on here that interview invites were out but I've not had anything. I'm sure they didn't do a silent rejection last year.
Reply 746
Just spoke to a nice lady at Oriel who said that interview letters have gone out. May well be rejection by silence/letter a week later this year.
Original post by pupillage1986
Does anyone know what the written assessment at Landmark is going to be like?

A couple of years ago it was "how has housing law been affected by human rights law?" I'm pretty sure that that was shortly after they acquired some senior practitioners with good human rights experience.

You might want simply to swat up on important public law topics. That will surely assist you with Landmark as well as other chambers.

HTP
Reply 748
Original post by Shearn
Just spoke to a nice lady at Oriel who said that interview letters have gone out. May well be rejection by silence/letter a week later this year.

Thank you for that.
Reply 749
6 King's Bench Walk first round invites are out by e-mail. :biggrin:
Reply 750
6KBW interviews out by email.
Boo and hiss. Here's hoping they're sending them in batches!

(but congrats to you both)
Has anyone heard post interview from Farringdon Chambers?
Original post by DreamPupil
Has anyone heard post interview from Farringdon Chambers?

Have they started interviewing yet?

Nothing in email/post for me from them.
Reply 754
Original post by ProofNotTruth
Have they started interviewing yet?

Nothing in email/post for me from them.

I had my interview at Farringdon today and they told me I would find out whether I was successful or not by the end of this week.
Reply 755
Original post by Mini Pupil
Boo and hiss. Here's hoping they're sending them in batches!

(but congrats to you both)

I may be able to help on that front... a friend of a friend of mine informed me that she had an interview at 6KBW last week. I only received my email invite this afternoon and pupillage portal has been updated.
Reply 756
Original post by Wildman
She was actually interviewed last week? That seems a bit odd - sure it was the same 6 KBW?

Any of last year's applicants know if the real 6 KBW did their interview invites in stages? Or whether they sent rejections days after interviews/at all?

Yes, that is what I asked, as I am aware there are two 6KBWs but she confirmed it was THE 6KBW.
Interview invitation from 6KBW this afternoon by email.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mani123
I had my interview at Farringdon today and they told me I would find out whether I was successful or not by the end of this week.

Ah :frown:

Good luck with it.
Reply 759
Came across this article a while back, since interviews are getting underway I thought it could be useful...

http://devon-bred.hubpages.com/hub/Pupillage-Questions-and-Preparation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending