The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had a rejection from 25 BR yet?
Original post by tnedutS waL
Thanks!

I am not actually in the mindset that I will be able to secure a pupillage this year, I am (like most, I think) expecting a couple of years of applications - especially being pre-BPTC. It's just the interview experience this year will be indispensable for subsequent years!

Didn't mean to discourage you! If you get interviews this year, really go for it now. The reason I think I did better post BPTC is that I had a better awareness of procedure and professional ethics. I was also more meticulous in my preparation - it's worth trying to memorise details of Chambers' big recent cases (especially any interesting legal points in judgments). It's also really important to prepare arguments on both sides relating to relevant legal stories that have been in the news. Do all that (and know your law), and you've got every chance of making it happen this year.
Reply 982
Interview from 25 Bedford Row :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
It is great to see some really solid and useful advice coming out on this thread. Keep it up.

To the applicants this year, keep your chin up when all is dark around you. Budding Barista and Wildman are right on the money, in that you must really learn from each interview.

Top tip: take a notebook with you and, after each interview, write down what happened, the questions you were asked and how you could improve next time around. It'll help imprint the memory into your brain and, if you don't make it this season, it will be invaluable for the future.
Kings in Manchester rejections are out.
Hello.

Has anyone actually had a rejection notice from 25 Bedford Row yet? My status is still 'under consideration'. Alternatively, is anyone aware of whether this set is likely to update the pupillage portal?

Many thanks.
Reply 986
Original post by lulu_dudette
Kings in Manchester rejections are out.

sorry to hear. I've been rejected by them twice in the past two years (applied again anyway) but heard nothing just yet. Did they email? Thanks.
Reply 987
25 Bedford Row invites are rolling out - I only got my invitation 15 minutes ago.
Sorry... slight misunderstanding. I don't have confirmation either way - i.e. no indication of a rejection or invitation. So I was wondering if they are one of those sets that never confirm, unless it is to invite you to an interview?

Thanks!
Reply 989
Original post by Chester Daisy
Sorry... slight misunderstanding. I don't have confirmation either way - i.e. no indication of a rejection or invitation. So I was wondering if they are one of those sets that never confirm, unless it is to invite you to an interview?

Thanks!

If my memory serves correctly, last year the invites came throughout the day and then rejections came out in the late afternoon/early evening
Reply 990
187 FS invitation for interview per email:smile:
Reply 991
Original post by nearmiss
sorry to hear. I've been rejected by them twice in the past two years (applied again anyway) but heard nothing just yet. Did they email? Thanks.

Looks like I'm going to be sat here furiously refreshing the portal page until the "Your application was sh**" message pops up.
Reply 992
Original post by Shearn
Looks like I'm going to be sat here furiously refreshing the portal page until the "Your application was sh**" message pops up.

last year (and the year before :frown: ) PP was updated, but they emailed the rejection at the same time. Heard nothing at all this year yet. Good luck!
Reply 993
Original post by nearmiss
last year (and the year before :frown: ) PP was updated, but they emailed the rejection at the same time. Heard nothing at all this year yet. Good luck!

Well, who knows right? I got my rejection email from Zenith at 10pm at night so it could come at any time.
Reply 994
Original post by Shearn
Well, who knows right? I got my rejection email from Zenith at 10pm at night so it could come at any time.

yep, rejection emails seem to transcend office hours. I always prefer to know though! Do you know of anyone who has been offered an interview at Kings?
Reply 995
AAAHHH I have only heard from 1 PP set. This is driving me CRAZY!
Reply 996
Original post by Lawlad
AAAHHH I have only heard from 1 PP set. This is driving me CRAZY!

If it helps, Lawlad, I'm yet to hear from any of my PP sets including Kings and 42 Bedford Row. The latter one is still a little puzzling- I'm crossing my fingers for rolling interviews.
Reply 997
Just received invite to interview from 187 Fleet Street and 25 Bedford Row. Via email and update on PP.
Reply 998
Original post by TheVamp
Just received invite to interview from 187 Fleet Street and 25 Bedford Row. Via email and update on PP.

Fab, now we definitely have to have that drink. We can second guess the 25BR interview. Is yours on the 14th? Maybe a post-traumatic G&T or two?
Reply 999
Original post by TakeTwo
Fab, now we definitely have to have that drink. We can second guess the 25BR interview. Is yours on the 14th? Maybe a post-traumatic G&T or two?

God tell me about it. Yes definitely. Disappointing that Ken Clarke has been so quiet recently.

Quick Reply

Latest