The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Has anyone received a rejection from Blackstones yet. I'm yet to hear anything at all!
Hearing talk of Dere Street rejections being sent out.
Arrrrrrgh I want to hear soon! Kings rejection was a friend of mine so I'm still on 1 rejection....... many more to hear from!
I hope 187 Fleet Street are doing batches!
Reply 1003
Original post by TheVamp
God tell me about it. Yes definitely. Disappointing that Ken Clarke has been so quiet recently.

You're Kidding right? I have read two stories about the Big Beat today alone...
Reply 1004
Original post by nearmiss
yep, rejection emails seem to transcend office hours. I always prefer to know though! Do you know of anyone who has been offered an interview at Kings?

My Kings rejection just came through. Grim times!
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone received a rejection from 25 BR as of yet?
Reply 1006
Original post by TBJ
You're Kidding right? I have read two stories about the Big Beat today alone...

Yes.
I wonder when Three Raymond Buildings will start sending out decisions; last year they were one of the first criminal sets out (about the 26th May, I think) *taps fingers impatiently*
Original post by roxymusicfan
Has anyone received a rejection from 25 BR as of yet?

I haven't received one yet, but I'm assuming rejection by silence.
Original post by Chilbaldi
People who have NOT received an invite from 187 Fleet Street:

If you go to pupillages.com and click on "View application options" for 187 Fleet Street, does it say "Application under consideration - decision made on 29th May 2012"?

Yeah mine does........ no idea what it means though?
Original post by lulu_dudette
Yeah mine does........ no idea what it means though?

...It means they made the decision to offer you an interview/reject (or whatever they are calling it now) on the 29th May 2012...today.
That doesn't mean though that they have got round to sending out all the invites/rejections. In my experience this sometimes takes a few days. The admin staff tend to be doing it in drips and drabs. So suddenly between 4:30pm and 5:15pm 25 people get notifications and the rest are left waiting until (s)he gets back to their desk and has time to do more pupillage stuff.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Chester Daisy
Sorry... slight misunderstanding. I don't have confirmation either way - i.e. no indication of a rejection or invitation. So I was wondering if they are one of those sets that never confirm, unless it is to invite you to an interview?

Thanks!

Original post by dustbinbeaver
I haven't received one yet, but I'm assuming rejection by silence.

Last year 25 Bedford Row sent out an e-mail rejecting people so hopefully it won't be rejection by silence this year.

Since interview offers seem to have been coming out gradually over the course of the day there may still be hope. That's what I keep telling myself anyway...
I really hope it isnt rejection by silence... I havent heard yet... eeek!
Original post by Bar None
Last year 25 Bedford Row sent out an e-mail rejecting people so hopefully it won't be rejection by silence this year.

Since interview offers seem to have been coming out gradually over the course of the day there may still be hope. That's what I keep telling myself anyway...

Thanks Bar None; that's really useful to know.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those harbingers of doom who's trying to keep my expectations as low as possible, in a hopeless bid to avoid excessive disappointment. Therefore, I'm going to be a misery and continue to assume rejection by silence for now...

Anyone else finding this whole process very strange? I've had one rejection so far and it didn't vex me too much, but when I think about all the time I spent on applications and realise that I might not get a single interview, I do feel pretty disheartened.
Reply 1014
1 Crown Office Row Brighton say that we will hear 'early next week'
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1015
still nothing from Kings. Seems that rejections are staggered (someone I know heard earlier this afternoon and someone a few hours later) so not looking forward to my inbox tomorrow. Anyone been offered an interview by them? Thanks
Original post by andymt
1 Crown Office Row Bristol say that we will hear 'early next week'

Do you mean 1 Crown Office Row Brighton? And did they send an email or is it on PP?
Reply 1017
Original post by roxymusicfan
Do you mean 1 Crown Office Row Brighton? And did they send an email or is it on PP?

Sorry, I meant Brighton. It was via email - I asked when we would find out.
Reply 1018
Invite from 187FS about 3 hours ago on 7th July, great advance notice. The invites may be staggered considering the early posts here.
Dere Street rejections by email today :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest