The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Dere Street certainly were on the ball considering their deadline was not so long ago!
Reply 1021
Five Paper anyone?
Original post by LEM20
Five Paper anyone?

Didn't give out invites until late June last year apparently!
Sigh, GCN rejection. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that I got mine a couple days later as a subtle note of encouragement to keep my chin up.

That said, I wonder if the clerks ever look at this thread and go: look! we can make all these people have minor heart attacks based on staggering emails!
Reply 1024
Original post by LEM20
Five Paper anyone?

My friend had a rejection from them last week (assuming you mean civil and not criminal 5 paper).

I haven't heard anything though so I am taking this as a good sign!
Reply 1025
Original post by Lawlad
My friend had a rejection from them last week (assuming you mean civil and not criminal 5 paper).

I haven't heard anything though so I am taking this as a good sign!

Just to clarify, I'm referring to Five Paper, not 5 Paper Buildings...
Constantly refreshing PP and my email is getting really boring. Come on chambers, put me out of my misery!
Original post by olpasdisliker
Constantly refreshing PP and my email is getting really boring. Come on chambers, put me out of my misery!

Agreed. Do you think we can sue Chambers for giving us repetitive strain injuries from all this constant refreshing?
On TPP you can see the dates when chambers notified applicants last year so at least you have more of an idea when the emails might be coming. Plus it keeps you distracted for about 10 minutes.
Reply 1029
Hardwicke rejection out by post.

Anyone heard from Kings Chambers today?
Reply 1030
Original post by nearmiss
Hardwicke rejection out by post.

Oh well I'm looking forward to reading that letter when I get home.

Edit: At least I'll know that the standard of applications was exceptionally high this year and they're grateful for my interest in the set, but would prefer if I did not apply again.
(edited 11 years ago)
Temple Garden Chambers interviews are out
http://thepupillagepages.com/show_thread.php?id=39

To those that have applied to 25 BR, the above link from the Pupillage Pages contains info about interviews. It would seem that invitations are coming out in batches this week.
Reply 1033
Do you mind me asking how you found out? On pupillage portal I just have a slightly confusing message which reads "Application under consideration - decision made on 15th May 2012"

Any thoughts?
Reply 1034
Has anyone else received a request for a second academic reference from Essex Court Chambers? (ie a third reference overall) Not sure how good or bad that is, but guess there's not much point in trying to work out its meaning!
Hey everyone,

I'm still waiting to hear anything from 25BR, did anyone get an invite to interview today? If not I'm guessing a rejection is imminent.

And now it's raining! At least pathetic fallacy is on my side.
Original post by theotherwinnie
Hey everyone,

I'm still waiting to hear anything from 25BR, did anyone get an invite to interview today? If not I'm guessing a rejection is imminent.

And now it's raining! At least pathetic fallacy is on my side.

Theres a post on Pupillage Pages saying that interviews are being sent out over the next week.

http://thepupillagepages.com/show_thread.php?id=39

??
Reply 1037
Anyone heard from 5 Stone Buildings?
Reply 1038
Every time I get an email or a phonecall I have some sort of mini heart attack.... it's going to be a long few months!
Reply 1039
I did my CPS test just today and completely ran out of time in the end. With the last 2 questions there was no time to read the question so I just clicked answers at random:frown:
Wonder whether anyone else felt the same or whether it was just me who was too slow in responding...
Comments appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending