Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Charter Chambers first round invite by email
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andymt)
    Charter Chambers first round invite by email
    Well done. Rejections are out through the Portal as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mmmbop)
    Yes the times and other details, worried about when it is so I can get time off work :s Well I just emailed them too hahaha so will let you know

Can I ask, did you apply to other Newcastle sets?
    Nope, only Trinity! No reply yet but if a few of us have emailed then at least they know there's an issue. Unless perhaps information has been sent by post and got slowed down by bank holiday post.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dustbinbeaver)
    To anyone else who applied to Lamb Building: according to the Pupillage Pages, invitations to interview were out by telephone last week. Another application bites the dust.
    Don't be disheartened, I only just received my call for an invite to interview this morning! There is still hope!

All interviews are being held on the 16th June.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lamb Building have just called with interview invite - there's still hope.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2 down following charter rejection.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No email through yet, but I just checked the CPS website and my results are up - am pleased that I got through to the next round: yet another bloody online test.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    CPS inductive reasoning test email invites are out by email.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Mini Pupil, I just checked the CPS website I'm through too. CPS Inductive Reasoning Online Assessment to be completed by the 14th June 2012.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica88)
    Yep, it was sent to pupillage.applications@15nbs.com, I sent it on the 14th may and then on the 16th I received an email from Katie.cameron@15nbs.com stating it had been received and asking me to do the equal opportunities. Perhaps because I sent it early they had time to get back from me, the email I received said I would hear back before the end of June.

I hope that helps.
    Email confirmation of 15 New Bridge Street application now received; looks like it's not a black hole this year!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

Thanks a million for your sweet words of comfort and support.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Who knows though, sometime somewhere in the day another rejection could upset me. What a world of contingencies we are living in!!! Wonder when all the replies would be out!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also just received a Lamb Building interview by telephone! First interview of the season...terribly nervous and incredibly excited! Keep your phones free people, you many also receive a phone call soon!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    MmmBop, thats very kind of you. Bless you x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just completed the inductive reasoning test for the CPS. Completely irrelevant (yet again) but so, so much fun. Had to rush a bit at the end but still finished comfortably.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pupillagehunter123)
    Don't be disheartened, I only just received my call for an invite to interview this morning! There is still hope!

All interviews are being held on the 16th June.
    I was told they are all happening on 16 June - 3 short panel interviews of 15 mins each - morning or afternoon. How many do you anticipate are being interviewed? It doesn't seem like they can interview THAT many people in two slots in one day...
    Nothing was mentioned about a second interview - is it just this one shot from which they decide who to make an offer to?

Anyone have any ideas?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a generic email from Essex Court saying when we are meant to be notified if we have been selected for an interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all those through to the CPS next round!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I interviewed at Lamb last year. There were quite a few of us. You have 3 interviews. One ethical - know the code!! 3 people in room, mine was short, only 3 questions. Also randomly asked me about stieg larsson books and hollywood doing a film of girl with dragon tattoo..... The other interview is based on your essay question, they really go for you. Know your stuff and argue well. Stick to your opinion; don't change just because of an argument they put forward. Then we had a written problem to do during the same time. It was a prosecution brief last year, with lots of random questions. I was pre bptc so the written and ethics part were pretty pointless. They pick their pupils that night. No 2nd round.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon14)
    I interviewed at Lamb last year. There were quite a few of us. You have 3 interviews. One ethical - know the code!! 3 people in room, mine was short, only 3 questions. Also randomly asked me about stieg larsson books and hollywood doing a film of girl with dragon tattoo..... The other interview is based on your essay question, they really go for you. Know your stuff and argue well. Stick to your opinion; don't change just because of an argument they put forward. Then we had a written problem to do during the same time. It was a prosecution brief last year, with lots of random questions. I was pre bptc so the written and ethics part were pretty pointless. They pick their pupils that night. No 2nd round.

Were you in the morning? There is also a 'personality' interview - again three members in the room asking general questions - very informal. Despite circumstances, the interview day last year was a really good experience - you sit with the others in a room doing the written exercise and waiting to be called for each interview so plenty of time to chat.

I had feedback from Bernie Richmond post interview where he suggested backing down on an argument isn't always the worst thing to do - if you are in a corner and can see your reasoning was wrong, then changing your view (as long as you explain your reasoning) won't always be looked down on.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Taketwo and Anon14 - thank you very much for that insight. I am pre-BPTC also, so I suppose I will have to learn the code by next week - I found the SRA code of conduct - does the same apply for barristers? Anyone have a link to one, please?

Anon14 - were the random questions totally random, or in some way in connection to your application? Because that is QUIITTEEE random indeed! lol

Taketwo, I was chatting to a senior barrister at No5 during my mini a couple of months back and his tip was NEVER back down, stick to your argument. The purpose of which is to demonstrate how quickly and cogently you are able to manipulate and rebut their counter-arguments. This barrister in particular sits in the second round interviews and selects the final pupils - so I suppose people's opinions on this differ slightly. Chances are, the answer on your application was thoroughly researched and you believe in it! I'm going to argue it to death!

One final question - what on earth is the written exercise about? Will being pre-BPTC adversely affect my performance in your opinion?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 1, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.