Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    10 Old Square claim to be holding first rounds on the 9th - has anyone heard from them yet?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilbaldi)
    A scholarship from the Inn helps, no one is denying that. Definitely apply and do your best to get one. But it is not a death knell for someone's pupillage hunt.
    I have never said that. I certainly don't want to give the impression that it should be so. I apologise if that is how my post came across.

Of course they help. If you don't get one, all I'm saying is that it should prompt a review to see if there are areas of your CV/interview technique that could be improved. I see nothing wrong with that.

Secondly, please don't descend to personal insults. I may well be a bore - but if someone is helped by my boring posts, then isn't it worth it?

Good luck for the season ahead Chilbaldi!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just stayed up most of the night doing the damn FRU exam - hope I pass, and that it's worth it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    24 Old Buildings invites are apparently out, though I haven't gotten one yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo)
    Just stayed up most of the night doing the damn FRU exam - hope I pass, and that it's worth it.
    FRU can be irksome and the last thing you need when doing the bar course, but I really think that it is worth it for interviews, applications and practical drafting, advocacy and ethical experience.

There was not an interview where it was not directly asked about or I could not include it, and I do believe that it contributed to my stats which markedly improved and led to a couple of offers.

My experience was that getting a case can be the hardest part, especially as pupillage applications near. My understanding is that they process post on Tuesdays and Thursday, and that the best time to go is after lunch on these days.

Good luck y'all.

HTP
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vh123)
    Yeah so surely they will not be interviewing that many?
    Any idea what the interview consists of?

Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure how many they're interviewing, with there being 2 rounds they could have a lot of short interviews (East Anglian interviewed 28 first rounds). Still not sure what the interview consists of. Have you found out anymore?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanf)
    24 Old Buildings invites are apparently out, though I haven't gotten one yet.
    Me neither - thinking that's not a good sign!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon all. Has anyone heard from Erskine Chambers? According to their website applicants will be contacted "by" 7 February 2012 to arrange interviews.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnickle)
    Good afternoon all. Has anyone heard from Erskine Chambers? According to their website applicants will be contacted "by" 7 February 2012 to arrange interviews.
    Nothing my end, checking email every few minutes though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's somehow reassuring to know there may be other neurotics out there too )

Bon chance!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just did a mini there which I thought went well, so if they won't interview me I will have a pretty good indication of how the rest of my applications are going to go!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    10 Old Sq. rejections are out by e-mail.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanf)
    10 Old Sq. rejections are out by e-mail.
    Yes they are...had a first round there last year and they must have really not enjoyed the experience.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    5 o' clock has come and gone with no word from Erskine... I fear that might not be good news... have you heard anything Isherwood100?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing my end either, it would not be unheard of for a chambers to miss their self-imposed deadline though so shall hold out hold for tomorrow. News on XXIV Old Buildings from anyone? I think last year they sent out rejection letters by post.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    XXIV Old Buildings invites went out yesterday.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! I will be constantly checking this for when I apply in the years to come!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    XXIV Old Buildings rejections out by email.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any FTB/ 18SJS applicants here yet?? I've heard nothing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outofthefryingpan)
    Any FTB/ 18SJS applicants here yet?? I've heard nothing
    I'm waiting to hear from them too, I didn't even get an acknowledgement from them :/

Fingers crossed though!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 1, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.