The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by LTC1409
I'm not sure people's bones differ in weight, but maybe you don't have very much by way of muscle mass (which I believe weighs more than fat). TBH you are fairly short, but 37kg just seems so little. It's like 6 stone!

I've heard that bone density has to be factored in or something like that? Yeah, I guess, but I'm honestly scared of putting on weight and the highest I've ever been is 41 kg so yeah. According to the charts, I'm in the 6th percentile for my age and height so I'm still healthy:smile:
Original post by Oli-Ol
I do a lot of dancing, which for some reason seems to make people flat-chested, and I always get comments about the fact that I can barely fill an A cup. Especially from boys who seem to think they're god's gift to women, yet spend most of their time putting women down/trying to feel them up.

I used to be perfectly happy with the way I look, but after so many comments I've become really insecure about how small I am :frown: It doesn't help that I'm fairly tall (5'7&quot:wink: and pear-shaped, which means a curvy lower half, because guys always make comments about the fact that I'm unbalanced.

Even my boyfriend, who never mentioned that I had a small chest, made comments about how much better it was whenever I had a padded/push up bra on :/

Dancing won't MAKE you flatchested, but being flat chested helps with dancing :smile: You have a natural dancer's body, be happy with it!
Don't let silly people make you feel insecure.
Reply 142
Original post by LipstickKisses
Have you tried 32B or 30C or even 28D? I know what you're thinking "there's no way I'm a C or D cup!" but cup size is relative, a 34A = 32B = 30C = 28D. I'm a lot taller and heavier than you, but I'm size 8 and a 28 back, I cant imagine someone so small being more than a 30.

Spoiler

Look at the 28D on there, it's actually quite small. If you measure 28 underbust Id say try the 28D and if 30, try a 30C. :smile:

28D actually looks my size! I've tried a 32B but it only fits if I pull it down a bit and wear it a little down on my ribs. I vary between a US size 0 and a size 4 but even 0 is too big sometimes which sucks. I will definitely look for a 28D or 30C next time I'm shopping, however, since I live in India I'm not sure if they even make those sizes at affordable prices anyway :P
Reply 143
Original post by xAditi
I've heard that bone density has to be factored in or something like that? Yeah, I guess, but I'm honestly scared of putting on weight and the highest I've ever been is 41 kg so yeah. According to the charts, I'm in the 6th percentile for my age and height so I'm still healthy:smile:

Well firstly, I wouldn't worry about putting on weight (please not the extent where it's all consuming as that can be dangerous). That being said, some people are just naturally small, so as long as you're healthy that's the main thing

Also, just read your other posts and just wanted to say that it's really important to wear the right size bra. Having the wrong size can cause problems such as back pain.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xAditi
28D actually looks my size! I've tried a 32B but it only fits if I pull it down a bit and wear it a little down on my ribs. I vary between a US size 0 and a size 4 but even 0 is too big sometimes which sucks. I will definitely look for a 28D or 30C next time I'm shopping, however, since I live in India I'm not sure if they even make those sizes at affordable prices anyway :P

Sadly they are quite hard to find out of europe, but you can always try shipping one, although that could be expensive. Quite a lot of UK companies make 30C and 28D, so you might want to have a look on their websites. :smile: I think a US 0-4 is the same as a UK 4-8 and for comparison, a lot of my friends who are also size 8 wear 28s and 30s. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by LTC1409
Well firstly, I wouldn't worry about putting on weight (please not the extent where it's all consuming as that can be dangerous). That being said, some people are just naturally small, so as long as you're healthy that's the main thing

Also, just read your other posts and just wanted to say that it's really important to wear the right size bra. Having the wrong size can cause problems such as back pain.

I know it can be dangerous, I'm actually recovering from an ED:P
Yeah, I'll definitely be checking that out. Thanks :smile:
Reply 146
If you're 83lbs I highly doubt you're a 34 back. Measure your underbust in inches, what is it? That should be your bandsize, then find your cup from that.

And that isnt the fault of the beauty industry. I dont like a lot of the fashion/beauty/celeb industry at all I think its a pile of crap, but sex sells and you cant blame the companies for using that. Blame society for caring what Cheryl Cole's bra size is or what David Beckham was doing at 4:05 last wednesday. If people stopped giving a **** about such mundane things, it'd go away. What makes people hate themselves is other people making bitchy comments, not a magazine telling you you're fat or whatever.

Please watch this very eye opening video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ujySz-_NFQ&feature=youtu.be emmawilkins posted. Jesus why are you standing up for such a polluting industry? The people are making bitchy comments because they have been brainwashed BY THE MEDIA about how women should look :angry:
Reply 147
Sadly they are quite hard to find out of europe, but you can always try shipping one, although that could be expensive. Quite a lot of UK companies make 30C and 28D, so you might want to have a look on their websites. :smile: I think a US 0-4 is the same as a UK 4-8 and for comparison, a lot of my friends who are also size 8 wear 28s and 30s. :smile:

Exactly. Buying lingerie here is a nightmare. You walk into a mall or whatever and a hundred salesmen (yes, men) jump all over you asking for your size and whether you want to try the 'new shipment'. It's well irritating.
I'll check it out though. Thanks:smile:
Original post by miday
Please watch this very eye opening video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ujySz-_NFQ&feature=youtu.be emmawilkins posted. Jesus why are you standing up for such a polluting industry? The people are making bitchy comments because they have been brainwashed BY THE MEDIA about how women should look :angry:

Because people have free will and so if theyre taken in by some technology thats their own problem. The information is out there for people to see, if they dont read it then again, their problem. No lol girls make bitchy comments because their jealous of other women. If youre brainwashed by the media then it says a lot about you imo.
Reply 149
30FF.
Reply 150
Original post by x.Charlotte
I'm currently a 32F, I would ideally like to be a 32C or D I guess.

Why would you want to go down from a 32F to a 32C :facepalm:
im a 17 year old lad and im really not bothered my ex was a size 8 and was an a cup, properly nice figure. my girlfriend now will admit shes a curvier girl and wears a double d, wouldnt have her any other way!!
theres a girl at work that i will admit i find attractive and have a great laugh with(no cheating may i add) and she barely fills an a cup.
nobody needs big boobs to be hot. and definatly no need for big boobs to be a great person!!!
People keep saying 32C is idea

WELL IT'S NOT. I am it and at that size, you have zero cleavage unless you get a ridiculously tight/padded bra which is LYING in my opinion :L

Ideal probable 32D for petite /34DD for bigger women
Reply 153
Original post by xAditi
I know it can be dangerous, I'm actually recovering from an ED:P
Yeah, I'll definitely be checking that out. Thanks :smile:

Ah well good luck.
Reply 154
Original post by RabbitCFH
I just did. :sexface:

Misogynistic dick head.
Reply 155
Original post by Sol1dShot
For me, I'd love a pair of 34C's. Just enough to get me into clubs without having to pay and not too big that i cant see where im going! :awesome:

girls like you do my head in.. flirting your way around the place expecting all doors to open for you because of your tits!

a 36C would usually be on an overweight woman or someone with a very large frame, so unless that's what you meant, I'd say many '36C' women are wearing the wrong size.

Negged for teaching people how to fit bras? k then.

I am a 36D and I wouldn't class myself as overweight. I wouldn't say I was skinny but I am not fat as I have a flat-ish stomach (size 12).

Before you say I am wearing the wrong bra size, trust me, I am not.

In relation to the thread, I am fairly happy with my size but if I were given the choice I would have them slightly smaller.
Original post by mosmof

Original post by mosmof
girls like you do my head in.. flirting your way around the place expecting all doors to open for you because of your tits!

Don't act like if you could do the equivalent you wouldn't. It's not about expecting, it's how it is. If you've got a good body/attractive face then you have things done for you.
Original post by Summer_Lovin
I am a 36D and I wouldn't class myself as overweight. I wouldn't say I was skinny but I am not fat as I have a flat-ish stomach (size 12).

Before you say I am wearing the wrong bra size, trust me, I am not.

In relation to the thread, I am fairly happy with my size but if I were given the choice I would have them slightly smaller.

Maybe you just have a large frame as some women do have naturally large frames, but unless your underbust is 35-37 inches, you shouldn't be wearing a 36. If you're sure its the right size like you say though, then you clearly just have a large frame. :smile:
Reply 159
I quite like my 34Cs, although I wouldn't mind being a cup size bigger. Although what clothes and bras you wear make a big difference. For example, in my work uniform and a normal tshirt bra they look non existent -.- whereas when I wear just a vest top with a padded/push up bra, you wonder where they've been hiding all your life.

Latest