The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anon
No I haven't been before, know some people who have and love it.. and yeh I'm going up on the 8th..

Re. you're train tickets can't you pay money to change them? I think there is an admin charge of like £5 or something.. not sure, might be more.. so you could try and change it to come back a day later or something and get the mega bus to Edinburgh.. www.megabus.com for like £2.50 return!

If you're anything like me you'll arrive in the city and fall in love, even though it was chucking it down with rain for the entire time we were there!

Umm tickets- basically we bought the cheap single ones you can get which were £12 single, so its £24 return. If we wanted to change them we'd have to pay £10 for each ticket, meaning we pay £20 each and as we only paid £24 in total it seems a waste of time. I can get up to Edinburgh on the 8th for £20 return anyway, so its not too bad, just annoying.

Where are you travelling from?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
beanie
If you're anything like me you'll arrive in the city and fall in love, even though it was chucking it down with rain for the entire time we were there!

Umm tickets- basically we bought the cheap single ones you can get which were £12 single, so its £24 return. If we wanted to change them we'd have to pay £10 for each ticket, meaning we pay £20 each and as we only paid £24 in total it seems a waste of time. I can get up to Edinburgh on the 8th for £20 return anyway, so its not too bad, just annoying.

Where are you travelling from?

Well I'm hoping I'll agree and feel the same way about the city and uni!!

And, I can understand about the tickets.. if you can travel up for the day for less than it would cost to change them then it's all good :smile:

We're travelling up from Cardiff :eek: but we're flying so it's not too bad.. from my house until landing is about 2hours 20mins.. incl. getting to airport and check in etc
Reply 22
Anon
Well I'm hoping I'll agree and feel the same way about the city and uni!!

And, I can understand about the tickets.. if you can travel up for the day for less than it would cost to change them then it's all good :smile:

We're travelling up from Cardiff :eek: but we're flying so it's not too bad.. from my house until landing is about 2hours 20mins.. incl. getting to airport and check in etc

I'm sure you will do :smile: which part is the nursing at?

Yeah, its all good but i wish i was going up for more than a day as its 4 1/2 hours each way but i can't possibly go over night. gosh, cardiff is ages away! i'm near nottingham so its been great in terms of uni vists as im right in the middle of the UK! you're so lucky though, wish it only took me 2 hours!

Latest

Trending

Trending