The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

people at manchester uni, do you like the uni and city?

people at manchester uni, do you like the uni and city?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Yes yes.
Reply 3
Yeah.. Much better than I thought it was

Edit;
I love the purple in our signatures, we're like a tribe!
Original post by gummers
Yeah.. Much better than I thought it was

Edit;
I love the purple in our signatures, we're like a tribe!

Purple unite! :biggrin:

OP: Yes, very much so
My favourite thing about Manchester is all the purple :h:
Reply 6
Original post by ellakrystina
My favourite thing about Manchester is all the purple :h:

I really want a scarf and hat! But I can see myself looking like a posh, pretentious nob haha (Plus the prices are extortionate)
Original post by gummers
I really want a scarf and hat! But I can see myself looking like a posh, pretentious nob haha (Plus the prices are extortionate)

Ah me too. I have so much Manchester stuff already though: sport top, hoody, jumper, bag, folders, pencils...

It's a shame that the bobble hats looks so footbally. I could wear it around Manchester and people would understand but if I wore it at home I'd just look like a nob.
Reply 8
Lol i thought your thread said people at Manchester uni do you like united or city football.
Reply 9
Ah me too. I have so much Manchester stuff already though: sport top, hoody, jumper, bag, folders, pencils...

It's a shame that the bobble hats looks so footbally. I could wear it around Manchester and people would understand but if I wore it at home I'd just look like a nob.

Ahh I only have a hoody, which is from my course but I don't really wear it for the following reason;

What sort printing company cocks up a batch of over 100 jumpers!
Original post by gummers
Ahh I only have a hoody, which is from my course but I don't really wear it for the following reason;

I just googled 'engineering' then to work out how they'd spelt it wrong... and then I saw it. Did you have to pay for that hoody?

I got this from the law school for being a student rep, I paid a whole fiver: bargain!

And 'student representative' is in huge letters on the back, as if the bright blue wasn't blinding enough.
Reply 11
I just googled 'engineering' then to work out how they'd spelt it wrong... and then I saw it. Did you have to pay for that hoody?

I got this from the law school for being a student rep, I paid a whole fiver: bargain!

And 'student representative' is in huge letters on the back, as if the bright blue wasn't blinding enough.

Yeah we still had to pay, it was on £15 though. And the printing company had a disclosed statement that they are not reliable for any errors!

Ahh come on, that's not that bad :wink: I'd pick that hoody, even though I'm not called Ellie, I don't do Criminology (and no doubt it's probably too small for me) over my hoody anyday!
What halls are you in btw? I'm sure I recognise those curtains?
Original post by gummers
Yeah we still had to pay, it was on £15 though. And the printing company had a disclosed statement that they are not reliable for any errors!

Ahh come on, that's not that bad :wink: I'd pick that hoody, even though I'm not called Ellie, I don't do Criminology (and no doubt it's probably too small for me) over my hoody anyday!
What halls are you in btw? I'm sure I recognise those curtains?

Yeah, I'm not called Ellie either, ew.
I'm in Oak House :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah, I'm not called Ellie either, ew.
I'm in Oak House :smile:

Ohhh sorry! Ella! :colondollar:

Ahhh which court?
Original post by gummers
Ohhh sorry! Ella! :colondollar:

Ahhh which court?

Sycamore. Where abouts are you? Do you like it?
Reply 15
Original post by gummers

... you would not believe how long it took me to work out what was wrong with that.
Reply 16
Sycamore. Where abouts are you? Do you like it?

Ahhh I'm living with a guy next year who currently lives in sycamore!

I live in the city, in 'Fairfield hall'. And to be straight to the point it's ratherrrr ****! Spend most of my time at Oak house though!

It's not bad for getting to lectures because I'm literally over the road and it's good for walking in to the city but other than that I feel like I'm really missing out :frown: hence, me mostly being at Oak house!

Are you back in your flat yet?
I came back on Tuesday because I work in Manchester and my halls are literally EMPTY!
Reply 17
Original post by riotgrrl
... you would not believe how long it took me to work out what was wrong with that.

Hahah ohh I would! Some guy in my flat, didn't even notice anything was wrong with it!

We've had a few solutions, either;

-Get ''Met'' printed on the end. (No harm done Man Metters)
-Get, ''We building bridges, not words'' printed on it...
-(or you know, we could just be normal and get it fixed, but where is the fun in that)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
I do indeed :holmes: the uni/my course is great and the city isn't half bad either

Think I may have to add some purple to my sig too :cool:
Reply 19
Original post by artymess
i do indeed :holmes: The uni/my course is great and the city isn't half bad either

think i may have to add some purple to my sig too :cool:

do ittttt!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending