The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got pooled from Pembroke. Very slim envelope with three small paragraphs. Not sure how I feel. Two friends just got rejected so I feel quite happy. At least I'm quite good. Does anyone have any links or information about pooling? How many people make it through? If you're female will you be pooled to a women's college? It says they'll tell me by the end of the month. More waiting! :frown: Well done to everyone who got in. I guess people with rejections won't be on here (at least not yet) but a hug if you've been rejected! x

Forgot to say: it's for History
Reply 81
My offer from Jesus came through in a really thin A4 envelope - I really thought it was a rejection, but all OK in the end!
Reply 82
Original post by QuangHa

Original post by QuangHa
An1 from Queens???

Me! Queens' is just beautiful, can't wait :smile:
Reply 83
Unconditional offer from kings for engineering wooo, anyone else. Congrats to those with offers, and hang in there for those in the pool. Really sorry to those who got rejected, cambridge is not the be all end all, I'm sure you will get into amazing universities.
Reply 84
still haven't got my email... does that mean I'll be rejected? or is it because I'm international?
Ok I have huge problem and I want to share it with someone and ask for advise. I got an offer for Computer Science with Maths from Clare College!!! But... "This offer is subject to your obtaining and an overall score of 6.0". This grade is the highest in my country and basically means passing school and the state exams with no mistakes at all (or something like 2 mistakes for 50 questions and an essay...). In England you have grades A, B, C.... Here we have 2.00, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, ................... 5.98, 5.99, 6.00. So your A will be something between 5.50 and 6.00 for us. Moreover one of the state exams is compulsory and it's in Bulgarian Literature. I'm good at Maths and so on, but now I must be perfect in subject, which is absolutely irrelevant for UK universities. I don't know if I explained well how my education system works, but with few words: IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY UNLIKELY, even for the best students to have 6.0. The best students usually get 5.90 or above, but almost never 6.0.

Moreover I have this letter from the Cambridge Admissions Office: 'Applicants from Bulgaria must achieve an overall score of 5.85-5.9 and scores of 6 in relevant subjects.'

So do you think it will be a good idea if my referee sends them an email explaining all of this? And do you think they could have made a mistake?

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: I don't have any other conditions, but I was supposed to have a STEP in my conditions. Again, do you think they could have made a mistake?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 86
i just got my e-mail! i got an offer from Clare College for Classics!=) anyone else form Clare?
Reply 87
Original post by newepisode
I'm an international who applied for Corpus Christi...
Still waiting for decision...

me too, when do u think they will email us?
Reply 88
Rejected from Jesus, completely gutted but oh well, life goes on I guess :smile:
Original post by LeSacMagique
OK so I do in fact have an offer :smile: See you in October!

WELL DONE!!!!! Haha yes see you in October!! (I thought you'd get in :tongue:)
Reply 90
Any news from Selwyn anyone?
I saw two ridiculous offers on the Decisions Thread, yet no one said whether they got them via snail mail or email.

I am an EU applicant, living outside the UK. Should I expect any e-mails and when? :smile:
Original post by tgarrud
WELL DONE!!!!! Haha yes see you in October!! (I thought you'd get in :tongue:)

Haha thanks! I had similar suspicions about you :smile:

I wonder how many other essay contest people applied/got in?

Original post by Kingbradley6
Rejected from Peterhouse :frown: And by the way my letter was tiny, just one sheet.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. You do, at least, have an offer from St Andrews, which is a pretty enviable thing to have :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I got an offer from Trinity to do Music - soso happy!
Any other musos heard yet? :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by amk933
Any news from Selwyn anyone?
I saw two ridiculous offers on the Decisions Thread, yet no one said whether they got them via snail mail or email.

I am an EU applicant, living outside the UK. Should I expect any e-mails and when? :smile:

i've been pooled by Selwyn (interviewed for Economics :smile: ) and got a letter
(edited 12 years ago)
Rejected from Pembroke for MML - actually, by the time the envelope was in my hand, I realised it doesn't matter all that much. Of course I'd have loved to go but in fairness, it's probably not for me!
Reply 95
Original post by LA!
i just got my e-mail! i got an offer from Clare College for Classics!=) anyone else form Clare?

See, I told you it wouldn't be a long wait :p: Congrats!
Anyone else get accepted for affiliated law?
Reply 97
Original post by DarkMatter_22
Ok I have huge problem and I want to share it with someone and ask for advise. I got an offer for Computer Science with Maths from Clare College!!! But... "This offer is subject to your obtaining and an overall score of 6.0". This grade is the highest in my country and basically means passing school and the state exams with no mistakes at all (or something like 2 mistakes for 50 questions and an essay...). In England you have grades A, B, C.... Here we have 2.00, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, ................... 5.98, 5.99, 6.00. So your A will be something between 5.50 and 6.00 for us. Moreover one of the state exams is compulsory and it's in Bulgarian Literature. I'm good at Maths and so on, but now I must be perfect in subject, which is absolutely irrelevant for UK universities. I don't know if I explained well how my education system works, but with few words: IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY UNLIKELY, even for the best students to have 6.0. The best students usually get 5.90 or above, but almost never 6.0.

Moreover I have this letter from the Cambridge Admissions Office: 'Applicants from Bulgaria must achieve an overall score of 5.85-5.9 and scores of 6 in relevant subjects.'

So do you think it will be a good idea if my referee sends them an email explaining all of this? And do you think they could have made a mistake?

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: I don't have any other conditions, but I was supposed to have a STEP in my conditions. Again, do you think they could have made a mistake?

That does sound pretty harsh. I think getting your referree to email should be fine. It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding, and I'm not sure they can hold it against you if it's your referee (I'm guessing from school) inquiring. However, be prepared for them to say it isn't a mistake, they reserve the right to give out harder offers if they feel it's necessary. Good luck
Reply 98
My day so far
Staring out the window watching for the postman.
Giving up hope of the post arriving.
Running and grabbing the letter out of the postmans hand the minute I see him.
Ripping the letter open.
Then continual screaming and jumping about in celebration.

Law offer at Magdalene!!
Reply 99
I got an offer! I'm completely overjoyed and it hasn't really sunk in yet, plus I was convinced that I would get rejected as I think I messed up my interview. I hope everyone got what they wanted, and remember that even if you got a rejection, you were still considered for Cambridge and not many people can say that.

Quick Reply