Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibletg)
    The piece of paper that says you're getting £9,000 tuition loan and whatever you're getting (£3500 in maintenance for me) for living costs
    that's great, i'll do that. thank you very much for your help!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahGrace3)
    that's great, i'll do that. thank you very much for your help!
    I'm not sure how much of that letter they actually need though - like I said I copied the lot
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how much of that letter they actually need though - like I said I copied the lot
    For me, they wanted all of it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Does anyone else living in the south west have an offer?
    My family doesn't have a car and I'm really worried about how I'm actually going to get there (if I get the grades) with all of my junk.
    Any thoughts please?

Also, I got an offer to read Law at Tit Hall, just in case anyone else is doing the same.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzitrix)
    My family doesn't have a car and I'm really worried about how I'm actually going to get there (if I get the grades) with all of my junk.
    Any thoughts please?

Also, I got an offer to read Law at Tit Hall, just in case anyone else is doing the same.
    I'm not from the South West, but I hold a Tit Hall offer too! *high five*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzitrix)
    Any thoughts please?

Im from the south-west. Whereabouts are you?

I've got an offer for NatSci at Christs.

Theres always the train...or car rental?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jesus sent me an offer asking for a copy of my entitlement form for Student Finance - I basically copied the lot and sent it to them
    when did you receive it?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    when did you receive it?
    Same time as my offer
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same time as my offer
    Oh i thought it was just a financial form that we need to sign. At that time i haven't got my student finance done yet. do you think if i have it now i should send them a copy? just post it?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    Oh i thought it was just a financial form that we need to sign. At that time i haven't got my student finance done yet. do you think if i have it now i should send them a copy? just post it?
    I dunno, I'd check with them?

I thought the deadline for it was a few months back but you should be fine if you've signed the guarantee form? Give them a ring to find out?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So some of the IBers already know the results - fortunately, I am one of them and it seems like I'm officially going to Cambridge. ))
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacuch)
    So some of the IBers already know the results - fortunately, I am one of them and it seems like I'm officially going to Cambridge. ))
    Congratulations! That must be such a relief and you must be so happy! What course and college are you going to do?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is a REAL relief after over a month of re-analysing every exam I took over and over again.

I'm going to do Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences at Trinity Hall.

EDIT: omg, this sentence looks so wonderful without the word 'hopefully' in it <3
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I finally know for sure I'm going to Cambridge as well! Yay for IB! (< haha one and only time in my life that I'll say that :P)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -raisa)
    I finally know for sure I'm going to Cambridge as well! Yay for IB! (< haha one and only time in my life that I'll say that :P)
    Congratulations! Are you Russian by any chance?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    got 5 in physics hl but 7 in math HL to do engineering, with total point 37, because of studip Maths EE, Cambridge ask for 40, do u think they will let me in? I need to remark EE
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finance)
    Congratulations! Are you Russian by any chance?
    Thanks!

& Nope, not Russian at all (Canadian :P)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Beat my offer by 3 points, so I'm going to Cambridge! NEVER AGAIN do I have to preface everything I say about Cambridge with "if I get in"...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arialaxe)
    Beat my offer by 3 points, so I'm going to Cambridge! NEVER AGAIN do I have to preface everything I say about Cambridge with "if I get in"...
    congratulation. i need 3 more points to get in. try to convince Cambridge.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arialaxe)
    Congratulations to a future CompSci! :five:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.