The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by QuangHa
Wasnt that supposed to be incorrect so that ppl who can work out the ratio by balancing will get it right??

Couldnt carefully remember the paper. It has been a month away from it. Tbh, I dont think I am anywhere near my desk (I am in the middle of the incredibly long list of parties right now)

Nah, I don't think that was their intention :tongue:

Not too shabby anyway :tongue:
Reply 941
hey. i got 37 points for IB. miss my insurance and firm. what can I do before A Level?
Reply 942
Not think about it because there isn't much you can do now. :wink:
Original post by wibletg
The redox titration ratio (the one given by AQA) was incorrect.

If you worked out the correct ratio the question still worked though :smile:

The whole point was that they gave you the incorrect ratio or they would have given you the answer to the first part of the question...
It even said in the text 'This is not the correct ratio'.
Reply 944
Original post by wasting-time
The whole point was that they gave you the incorrect ratio or they would have given you the answer to the first part of the question...
It even said in the text 'This is not the correct ratio'.

Yeah but you ended up with a percentage by mass of more than 100%.

I know it was the incorrect ratio but the way it was done was misleading - I'd have been thrown.
Reply 945
Ah, part of me misses this...

Good luck, folks. :smile:
Reply 946
"Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge (C05) to study Law (M100) has been confirmed." After all the spam, I never thought I'd be so happy to see a UCAS email.

Good luck to everyone, I want to say don't panic but that'd be hypocritical. Instead, I hope you realise that your worrying was unwarranted. :smile: Lots of luck especially to any IBers/SQA/alternative qualification offer-holders waiting for the summer pool. The suspense can't be fun, but not too long now either. :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ratio
"Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge (C05) to study Law (M100) has been confirmed." After all the spam, I never thought I'd be so happy to see a UCAS email.

Good luck to everyone, I want to say don't panic but that'd be hypocritical. Instead, I hope you realise that your worrying was unwarranted. :smile: Lots of luck especially to any IBers/SQA/alternative qualification offer-holders waiting for the summer pool. The suspense can't be fun, but not too long now either. :hugs:

Scottish Cam student! :five:
Reply 948
Original post by ukdragon37

I'm actually not Scottish, sorry to be a let down :tongue:, but I'll take the high-five anyway on the basis of (now) being a Cam student.
Original post by ratio
I'm actually not Scottish, sorry to be a let down :tongue:, but I'll take the high-five anyway on the basis of (now) being a Cam student.

Neither am I really, but I guess you took the SQA exams since your place was confirmed today? :tongue:
Original post by ratio

Congratulations :smile: So what subjects did you do? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 951
Original post by ratio

Congratulations :smile:. I hope I read the same message next Thursday :frown:
So I missed my offer by quite a bit (think CCD (safe appeal on the D) instead of AAA) but had some fairly extensive discussions about extenuating circumstances throughout the year and particularly in recent months. I'm fairly sure they won't accept that, a little bit of kindness is great but I admit that's taking the piss a bit, but how long will it take for that final decision to let me move on? Will they bother summer-pooling me? Should I go to a college this year and reapply?
Reply 953
Hey, congratulations to my fellow undergraduates:smile:
I met my conditions for Cambridge (Selwyn College) with AAAA in my four Advanced Highers and a distinction in my Scottish Baccalaureate, but when will the college change my UCAS track offer from 'conditional' to 'yeah, you are coming'?
Reply 954
Original post by ukdragon37

I am one too! Yay!
Reply 955
Original post by Nathaniel Sangshaw
So I missed my offer by quite a bit (think CCD (safe appeal on the D) instead of AAA) but had some fairly extensive discussions about extenuating circumstances throughout the year and particularly in recent months. I'm fairly sure they won't accept that, a little bit of kindness is great but I admit that's taking the piss a bit, but how long will it take for that final decision to let me move on? Will they bother summer-pooling me? Should I go to a college this year and reapply?

depend on the subject and lots stuff, ur interview, ps....
I miss my offer as well, by 2 points (IB), waiting for pool
Reply 956
Original post by 526540828
depend on the subject and lots stuff, ur interview, ps....
I miss my offer as well, by 2 points (IB), waiting for pool

Sorry to hear that, hope you still get in.

May I ask for which subject you hold an offer for?
Original post by Nathaniel Sangshaw

Firstly commiserations on missing your offer, especially if it was because of extenuating circumstances. Assuming you took Scottish AHs, here are some points to consider:

1) The college may keep a hold of you until A-level results come out, just in case there's still a place available. Unless they have spotted something outstanding in your application or interview, it's unlikely they will summer-pool you (and it's unlikelier still for you to get fished), so they may think it's "kinder" just to reject you.

2) Did you have an insurance choice and if so, did you meet its condition/was it unconditional? Are you happy enough with your insurance choice to move on from Cambridge?

3) If you would like to reapply, can you find a college which will let you sit (or resit) three AHs? It would be useful to find out what your local colleges are able to offer, what exams they can enter you for and so on. If there are no colleges offering the required AHs but you are willing to self-study, you can also ask the colleges (or even your old school) whether they could administer the assessments.

4) A reapplication noting that you previously received an offer but didn't meet it because of extenuating circumstances should be looked on favourably. Ultimately you should judge the balance between whether spending another year for the potential of going to Cambridge outweighs going to your insurance choice/whatever your backup plan is.
Reply 958
Original post by hoggers2000
Hey, congratulations to my fellow undergraduates:smile:
I met my conditions for Cambridge (Selwyn College) with AAAA in my four Advanced Highers and a distinction in my Scottish Baccalaureate, but when will the college change my UCAS track offer from 'conditional' to 'yeah, you are coming'?

Well done! What an achievement - congrats! Bet you're so excited now :biggrin:
Your UCAS update seems to depend on the college though - I'm still waiting for mine to change after meeting my IB offer from Queens' over a month ago. Selwyn should send you a confirmation letter though I guess, or they may just wait for A-level results. Don't worry though, if you've met the offer, they'll have a place for you & let you know soon that they've got the results :smile:
Well done again!!
Reply 959
Original post by atwn
Well done! What an achievement - congrats! Bet you're so excited now :biggrin:
Your UCAS update seems to depend on the college though - I'm still waiting for mine to change after meeting my IB offer from Queens' over a month ago. Selwyn should send you a confirmation letter though I guess, or they may just wait for A-level results. Don't worry though, if you've met the offer, they'll have a place for you & let you know soon that they've got the results :smile:
Well done again!!

Thank you so much, was getting worried:L
See you at CAMBRIDGE!!!!!!! Can you BELIEVE we are going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending