The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

I was just thinking about whether or not we could revive that daft rumour about the significance of whether you're able to log into the SAQ but unfortunately...

The online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) is now closed.
Maybe they cottoned on to the hysteria.
Reply 981
I've just had a look at the grade boundaries, so so high for c3,c4,s2 and even econ 4!

The little hope that I had left has well and truly been extinguished.
Terrified. Feeling incredibly nauseous about Thursday. Good luck everyone waiting to hear.
Reply 983
I heard somewhere that the STEP results are not released at 8 a.m. but 8 hours earlier, at midnight. I can't find anything about it on www.atsts.org.uk, though. Is that true?
Original post by mrozycki
I heard somewhere that the STEP results are not released at 8 a.m. but 8 hours earlier, at midnight. I can't find anything about it on www.atsts.org.uk, though. Is that true?

http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/step/faqs#q17

When will STEP results be published?
STEP results will be released from 00:00hrs BST via our Results Online System on 16th August 2012
Reply 985
38 points with 7 in maths, 6 in chemistry and 5 in physics. how many change to get into Cambridge?Admission tutor said he will contact me this week.....but have not heard from him yet
What happens if I miss STEP grades and Track updates to say Unsuccessful? At that stage should I just move on and sort out my Insurance uni or is it at all worth phoning the College?
Reply 987
Original post by hoggers2000
Hey, can I ask about when I should book my train down from 'bonny' Scotland ( I have Brave fever atm..... ) to Cambridge? Like when do the halls become open? I was thinking thursday the 27th of September? Take the family, go for a boat ride, buy me a bean bag etc:L.

Oh, are there any Selwyn people?

Congratulations! Selwyn's awesome :smile:

Don't bother booking your train down just yet - you'll get a letter from Selwyn soon with all the details about when to get there and everything else! Plus some forms... Might be after A-level results though.
Someone said that you're getting a choice of the 29th or 30th of September to arrive - it was a weekend for us too.

(soon to be) 2nd year Selywnite :smile:

This might help http://www.facebook.com/groups/205734036199430/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by derangedyoshi
What happens if I miss STEP grades and Track updates to say Unsuccessful? At that stage should I just move on and sort out my Insurance uni or is it at all worth phoning the College?

Most likely it won't say unsuccessful unless you miss STEP by a lot (if you get equal to or lower than about a 2,2), since you'd have a chance in the summer pool. It's worth phoning the college in any case to see what they did with your application.
Reply 989
Good luck to everyone still awaiting results! :smile:
It's times like these I love being Scottish haha. Somehow managed to get my grades. This is crazy. Anyone else going to Homerton?? :h:
Reply 990
Original post by smg
Good luck to everyone still awaiting results! :smile:
It's times like these I love being Scottish haha. Somehow managed to get my grades. This is crazy. Anyone else going to Homerton?? :h:

I'm Polish and my Matura results were released on May 29th, but I still have to wait for STEP results to be released in about 12 hours... Argh...
Reply 991
Original post by smg
Anyone else going to Homerton?? :h:

Hopefully, if I get the grades.
If it makes the rest of you who are waiting for results feel any better: I have to wait until the beginning of September, at least you'll find out tomorrow. :wink:
Reply 993
Original post by mrozycki
I'm Polish and my Matura results were released on May 29th, but I still have to wait for STEP results to be released in about 12 hours... Argh...

Not long now at least!!

Original post by Silkysam
Hopefully, if I get the grades.

Cool, what are you hoping to study?? :smile:
Reply 994
Original post by smg
Cool, what are you hoping to study?? :smile:

Engineering. What are you going to study?
Reply 995
Original post by Silkysam
Engineering. What are you going to study?

Biological natural sciences :smile: Good luck with your results tomorrow.
Reply 996
Original post by smg
Biological natural sciences :smile: Good luck with your results tomorrow.

Thanks
Original post by ukdragon37
Most likely it won't say unsuccessful unless you miss STEP by a lot (if you get equal to or lower than about a 2,2), since you'd have a chance in the summer pool. It's worth phoning the college in any case to see what they did with your application.

Thanks :smile: er, I wouldn't count that scenario out... :/
Hey guys! Just dropping by to say a massive good luck for tomorrow! I’m fairly sure i’ve botched my chances based on my knowledge of the ludicrous grade boundaries and re-evaluation of my actual exam performances, but I guess there’s still some hope :smile: Here’s hoping i’ll see you all at freshers week :smile: xx
Hi guys :smile:

I'm about to change the name of this thread to make it the Cambridge Results Day Discussion thread, so you can all keep chatting about results in here and hopefully we'll have some new people coming to the site and joining you tomorrow! There's also a specific thread to post your results in when you get them here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2083586

If any of you need anything at all during the results period or have any questions please don't hesitate to quote me to ask :smile: A huge good luck to everyone, I hope you all get what you need! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending