The Careers section needs more moderators! 21-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got the job!! Yayyy
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had my assessment thing at 3:30pm on the Tuesday (the last possible one) so I'm guessing, I'll be one of the last people to hear back.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LZRSWRD)
    I had my assessment thing at 3:30pm on the Tuesday (the last possible one) so I'm guessing, I'll be one of the last people to hear back.
    Yhh you'll definitely hear something by the week. And apparently bad news goes out firstt, so it may be good uve had a long wait fingers crossedd
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzmuzz)
    Yhh you'll definitely hear something by the week. And apparently bad news goes out firstt, so it may be good uve had a long wait fingers crossedd
    Haha you were right, just got the 'successful' email, just hope all the accreditation stuff goes through alright. Congrats as well BTW.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    just wanted to join this thread

I'm waiting for my accreditation to come through :/ what is this part, if they don't contact referees till later?

also bit of advice needed, how is everyone picking venues? I want to work for a longer period of time obviously, but eton dorney is close to me. There' only one event going on there though, so I don't know whether I'd get much hours there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because it's not an existing company it's for the Olympics that's why we don't know all the details yet because the catering jobs have uniform and have been to training
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone,
    I have my interview assessment on monday 16th april,2012 at marks and spencer simply food. I really need this job.....and failing in this interview would mean losing the opportunity for another six months.....which i just can't afford to do ...

i know i may sound silly but i had already lost an interview last year in Sep. ....this time i don't want anything to go wrong...If anyone has had an interview with marks and spencer simply food in recent times, plz plz plz help me out !!!!

Many thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats all who got the job.. I was unsuccessful
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got through the assessment thing in late Februrary...but I am still waiting for my accreditation to come through!!
    All I got since then, was a general email about 3 weeks ago saying that there was a change to the process and that we would be contacted by email..

Should I get worried? Anyone in that case?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How come I never heard back from them I think I had mine interview with them in January.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicancl)
    I got through the assessment thing in late Februrary...but I am still waiting for my accreditation to come through!!
    All I got since then, was a general email about 3 weeks ago saying that there was a change to the process and that we would be contacted by email..

Should I get worried? Anyone in that case?
    I'm in the exact same position as you, but around 7 people in my school applied, had interviews around the same time, and we're all still waiting for the accreditation, so I wouldn't worry just yet!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaraBelle)
    I'm in the exact same position as you, but around 7 people in my school applied, had interviews around the same time, and we're all still waiting for the accreditation, so I wouldn't worry just yet!
    Right.. but though it's taking forever.... I have sent them a couple of emails and never got any reply.
    Just wondering, what if I dont get through the accreditation thing, will they let me know..?

Have you got any news yet..?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually been accredited yet?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicancl)
    Right.. but though it's taking forever.... I have sent them a couple of emails and never got any reply.
    Just wondering, what if I dont get through the accreditation thing, will they let me know..?

Have you got any news yet..?
    I heard back yesterday and said they're giving me a conditional offer for Olympic park, subject to accreditation. So you should hear back soon!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I heard back yesterday and said they're giving me a conditional offer for Olympic park, subject to accreditation. So you should hear back soon!
    When did you pass your interview?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempleQC)
    When did you pass your interview?
    2nd week of feb
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in April, so not expecting much for a while.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2nd week of feb
    Well that sucks I passed on the 13th of january and still nothing!
    I'll call them on monday I think.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempleQC)
    Well that sucks I passed on the 13th of january and still nothing!
    I'll call them on monday I think.
    where did you put for where you wanted to work? Cause I think they're doing it place by place, other friends heard before me for a different place when we had our interview at the same time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    where did you put for where you wanted to work? Cause I think they're doing it place by place, other friends heard before me for a different place when we had our interview at the same time
    I don't remember having to put a place but if I did I would have put the olympic park or athletes village. Something like that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 29, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.