The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
ffs... grow some balls and chill it man.
stop being sensitive.

Ok I will chill :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Inb4 smurf
Reply 22
I totally would but I would want them to be agnostic, atheist, or perhaps Christian.
chill out guys nothing wrong marrying asians girls/guys if you love them so much- and not all of them are religious and bad- don't worry they won't bite. lol :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Ahotaru
A straightforwad guy I see here :tongue:

Indeed, being straight forward is the key.
Reply 25
How many of these threads we had so far?
Anon in case of neg rep for preference. I really don't find them attractive if I'm honest. An indian guy hit on me and I just wasn't attracted. Even though he was successful, I still wasn't turned on. Looking at all the actors, even the best ones are not attractive by far compared to the best white actors such as Johnny Depp mmm
Reply 27
Anon in case of neg rep for preference. I really don't find them attractive if I'm honest. An indian guy hit on me and I just wasn't attracted. Even though he was successful, I still wasn't turned on. Looking at all the actors, even the best ones are not attractive by far compared to the best white actors such as Johnny Depp mmm

Why do you think this is?

It would interesting to find out :smile:
Reply 28
I have been with my 'first love' for 3 years and we are constantly on and off because of his family (who are pakistani muslim) This may not apply to every religious family, but his mother is a racist and absolutely hates me because I am white. He told me yesterday that we actually would never be able to get married because that horrific woman doesn't even care if I convert. She wants him to be with a pakistani girl so she can 'befriend' the in laws and add to her long list of 'muslim friends.' My mother who is white- austrian has tried so hard to be nice to her, but she is just too judgmental and uneducated.

Advice to any white girls. Marry the one you love but his/her mother will be hell on earth for you.
Reply 29
Not all families are like that. Most second generation British Asian families aren't too religious, I'm an Athiest and my Mum doesn't care. Also, I've brought all kinds of girls home, and she's cool with it. Works out well for me as I like all flavours of girls. :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Ahotaru
If I love him, why not? but just as long as he or his family do not try to impose their beliefs or come with annoying things such as 'you have to change your religion' or 'you're a woman so... blah blah blah' as I would not tolerate it :s-smilie: I consider myself an open minded person and things like that just put me on my nerves. If they accept me the way I am and they don't look down on me because of it, I wouldn't see the problem. I do actually find interratial relationships really exciting and interesting where you learn a lot about cultural differences and such :smile:

Yeah this is a brilliant point.
Reply 31
I always feel awful saying it but it is the truth in that I just don't find non-white guys attractive really, I know that sounds bad, I think it may have something to do with the fact that I've been brought up in an area where 99% of the people are white, I don't know, but I just don't find them sexually attractive :s-smilie: I don't have anything against them, I've got plenty of non-white guys who are friends and they're great guys but I just don't find myself attracted to them. Maybe it's because my 'type' are generally white british guys with dark blonde or light brown hair, I'm coming across as wierd so I'm gna make this post anonymous :tongue:
However if I did find non-white guys attractive, and the guy was nice and decent and I loved him then yeah I don't see why I wouldn't want to marry him, the only thing that would stop me would be any religious issues, ie. by marrying him would I have to commit to a religion, or would our children have to be brought up in a relgion, also if there are religious issues then where do i stand as a woman? Am I still viewed as an equal and am I allowed my freedom? Any of those would be a deal breaker for me, but if theres no religious issues then yes I would marry him.

No need to feel awful......everyone has there preferences....also why I called for truthful replies as opposed to what people seem to think is politically correct
Reply 32
Original post by Origami Bullets
If I was in love with him, had been going out for a few years etc. then yes.

However, I suspect that with someone who had only recently come to the UK from India / Pakistan, the cultural gap (religion, women's roles, attitudes towards more everyday things) might be too wide to make a relationship work in the first place - it was a significant part of why me and my last boyfriend broke up.

Good point. This is personally why I dont think I could consider having a relationship with someone from India.....being born in the UK and brought up here, the same principle applies to British Asians.
Reply 33
Original post by jabberyjess
I am a young white American woman who would without a doubt marry my South Indian "boyfriend".

If this woman is as serious about having a long term relationship with your friend as he is, then there is always a chance it could work out. While I have dated outside of my culture before and had a great understanding and love for Indian culture prior to meeting my now boyfriend - our relationship has not come without many challenges. Love is not enough here. It takes a whole lot of being honest, open, and learning to communicate to understand all the differences and expectations that by default exist (at a seemingly greater rate than a intercultural relationship).

Well Hello There :biggrin:
Reply 34
3 months is a little fast to be thinking like that if you're still young, isn't it? Your friend should relax and roll with it :smile: To answer the question, my white side thinks it would be okay. Would suck if the in-laws were a hassle about it though... And mixed raced people of that heritage tend to be annoyingly good looking :smile:
Reply 35
I think I commented on this before, but what the heck.... if you are attracted to those types of people then hell yeh! I love pakistani/ middle eastern boys, and they have very good morals... but in terms of religion you have to think, you will have to marry into culture and your children will have to be what their father is (not exactly HAVE to be, but you get the driftt....)
Original post by ISS2508
I have been with my 'first love' for 3 years and we are constantly on and off because of his family (who are pakistani muslim) This may not apply to every religious family, but his mother is a racist and absolutely hates me because I am white. He told me yesterday that we actually would never be able to get married because that horrific woman doesn't even care if I convert. She wants him to be with a pakistani girl so she can 'befriend' the in laws and add to her long list of 'muslim friends.' My mother who is white- austrian has tried so hard to be nice to her, but she is just too judgmental and uneducated.

Advice to any white girls. Marry the one you love but his/her mother will be hell on earth for you.

I am from Pakistan, born and bred there, was 23 when came to UK, finished my studies, met my white gf and now married for 3 years and happy, I am currently having trouble with my mother-in-law and have had issues in the start with my family but I put my foot down and said to my parents that if you want to see me again, you are going to have to accept who I spent the rest of my life with or at least choose as a partner for marriage. They had to listen and now we visit Pak every other year. I am a muslim but have never asked my wife (christian) to convert or forced her to adhere to the religion and she is good, I have not seen pork in my house for which I respect her very much, suppose I am lucky.
Reply 37
I'm British Indian and have no problem getting attention from ladies of all creeds and colours. My mum and dad are fine with it too. They just want me to be happy.
Reply 38
Original post by MancBoy
I'm British Indian and have no problem getting attention from ladies of all creeds and colours. My mum and dad are fine with it too. They just want me to be happy.

Same with regards to being british indian. My mum is the same, wants to see me happy except when it comes to seeing a non-indian seemingly (though even she cant seem to look beyond the race part to a degree). I made the OP all those months and its funny that the topic now has direct relevance to me as opposed to my friend. Its really p*ssing me off if im honest.

My dad is a bit messed up in my opinion so I expect these views from him. But not from my mum, she should have the intellect to see you can't judge someone of their skin colour. Its not that im presently involved with anyone but I know she wouldnt be pleased to see me date a non-indian.

PS. For those wanting to know, my friends relationship ended maybe 2 months after the OP. Major reason being that he felt her parents would disown her should she continue to see him. His GF tried to hide the racist views of her parents, but they obviously had a problem with his colour and he thought it best for her that he ended it on basis of this. I heard a few weeks back that shes still not over him/the incident by a long way....sad story
I'm a white American girl and I personally have always been intensely attracted to dark skinned boys and I'm generally not easily turned on by white boys. It all depends on personal preference I guess. I personally would never ever /not/ date someone simply because of their skin, I just find that white boys often seem nice at first but end up being quite annoying and selfish (definitely not all of them, I have plenty of white friends, I'm just saying from personal experience, like half the white guys I know are *******s), whereas South Asian guys are often a little bit more shy and guarded but once you open them up and get to know them, they're a lot more open and honest and sensitive and kind and romantic. My Pakistani boyfriend is fascinated by my blond, thick, wavy hair and pale skin, where as I think I look weird and pink, but everyone has their preferences. If he was white, I would absolutely still date him, I just also find dark skin and any other unfamiliar/unusual physical traits (like weird shaped eyes or thin lips or sharp cheekbones or birthmarks) very attractive and very aesthetically pleasing. Also learning about new cultures and new languages is a lot of fun to me. If the white girl in question is attracted to his personality but is having doubts purely because of his skin color, she's probably not the kind of person you want to be marrying. If there's more to it than that, like if she's worried about the culture gap, then I say if they're in a relationship, they should be able to discuss things openly and point out culture differences and be able to talk it out, as long as neither of them are disrespectful, sexist or racist. I would ask her about it, either by just straight up being like "hey this is totally hypothetical but would you ever marry an Indian guy?" or if you want to be more subtle you can ask her who her celebrity crushes are and see if there's a pattern or "type," or if there's a variety, not just in skin color but in personality, sense of humor, body type, etc. Variety, especially in superficial/physical aspects, is probably better.

Latest

Trending

Trending