The Student Room Group

Girls - if you tell a guy you're ill, would you expect him to check up on you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mr Advice
Yeah but she only text me yesterday. Isn't it too soon?

Oh deary me. Of course not. If I were you, I would have replied back yesterday when she sent the text. If you haven't replied to her text saying she's ill already, she probably thinks you're not that bothered about her.
Reply 21
It's probably just something minor which if I text her will look stupid.

oh dear lord!

if its minor she'll just go oh yup thanks for asking

just ask if she's feeling better

even if it was just yesterday - if its minor she'll say yes thanks if its not she'll say no

its not that much of an issue
Reply 22
Original post by RichyFrench
I feel honoured to have this priviledge bestowed upon me. Not sure how the Asian part comes into this at all but never mind. Do you know what's up with her? Did she say it's just flu or something?

No, just "been ill".
Reply 23
Original post by abc101
Oh deary me. Of course not. If I were you, I would have replied back yesterday when she sent the text. If you haven't replied to her text saying she's ill already, she probably thinks you're not that bothered about her.

True. I didn't enquire about her illness. Felt it's not my business to.
Reply 24
Original post by minniiee
oh dear lord!

if its minor she'll just go oh yup thanks for asking

just ask if she's feeling better

even if it was just yesterday - if its minor she'll say yes thanks if its not she'll say no

its not that much of an issue

Yeah, I get it now: just text her. I'm rather pathetic I know.
No, just "been ill".

Ah right, that doesn't help. If it's a cold you can ask how she's doing and joking ask whether she needs soup. If she has diarrhea, soup's not a good idea.
Reply 26
Original post by RichyFrench
Ah right, that doesn't help. If it's a cold you can ask how she's doing and joking ask whether she needs soup. If she has diarrhea, soup's not a good idea.

I'll probably just text - it's not as though I'll be suffocating her with it.
Reply 27
True. I didn't enquire about her illness. Felt it's not my business to.

If she's told you she's ill, that's sort of making it your business.
Reply 28
my boyfriend would
Reply 29
I'm just going to assume that Mr Advice is winding everyone up, funny thread though.
Reply 30
Say you text a guy and told him you're ill and not feeling too well, would you expect him to check up on you later by asking how you're feeling? Or would it seem over-bearing and clingy?

The guy by the way is not a boyfriend if that is relevant.

I'm a guy and I would check up because that's what you should do and because I'd genuinely care. that could of course be the doctor inside of me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending