Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Share Progress?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now we have this fab dedicated forum (thank you) we can use it to help each other out with progress .

I know there are various other weight loss/gain/muscly threads out there, but this can be used specifically for the contest..

Things like meal plans, recipes, exercise updates etc.

If anyone's interested, anyway :-).
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    My progress so far is that I'm back to my pre-Christmas weight. Shows that the gain was just water retention, which I think you can see in my starting pics anyway. But that's good in a way as it means that my pics at 12 weeks will definitely be able to tell the difference.

Started exercise yesterday, I'm terrified of running outside, so I do laps around my house . I have a round route through two rooms, the hallway and the kitchen, so it's actually quite a good place to run. Only managed ten minutes but I hadn't done anything for weeks so was quite pleased.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because of the weather yesterday I couldn't go runnning, so I thought I'd have a wee go on the wii fit (last day I used it was exactly a year before..), and it told me i've put on 21 pounds since I'd last been tested, that was motivation in itself...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just remember the main tips for this transformation everyonel;
    Losing weight- cals in should be less than cals out
    Gaining weight- cals in should be more than cals out

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see pics in 12 weeks.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmcman)
    Because of the weather yesterday I couldn't go runnning, so I thought I'd have a wee go on the wii fit (last day I used it was exactly a year before..), and it told me i've put on 21 pounds since I'd last been tested, that was motivation in itself...
    I hate it when you get on the balance board when you've gained as it makes little "fat noises" at you :-(. Once I didn't go on mine for over a year and I had to endure watching my Mii fatten in front of my eyes, it was hideous!

I love my Wii Fit though. My friends are like "how are you losing weight just playing a game?!" well it's a game that gets me out of breath every time ha ha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Count me in I haven't lost weight in 7 days even though i've been very very strict. However I can see some weight loss in the mirror - very strange!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Gwyn)
    Count me in I haven't lost weight in 7 days even though i've been very very strict. However I can see some weight loss in the mirror - very strange!
    It could be put down to gaining muscle?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmcman)
    It could be put down to gaining muscle?
    I've been exercising less than usual so it could be water retention?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently eating a low-carb, high protein diet and training 4-5 times a week which I am recording in my blog (in my sig). Don't really think it's worth making a new one just for this.
    I have actually gone on this diet to make weight for a competition but I figured I might as well make it the start to losing all my excess flab and decided to join in! Feeling pretty motivated right now, but I have to go to a couple of meetings in the evening over the next few weeks where everyone's just like "let's order pizza". Can't really eat that right now so what should I do? Just eat 1 slice? Or take a big salad with me that everyone can have some of? I don't want to offend anyone lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB5)
    Just remember the main tips for this transformation everyonel;
    Losing weight- cals in should be less than cals out
    Gaining weight- cals in should be more than cals out

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see pics in 12 weeks.
    That's not how the body works. Ie. what'd you've just said is misguided and wrong. Just a heads up!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljbuilder)
    That's not how the body works. Ie. what'd you've just said is misguided and wrong. Just a heads up!
    So you're telling me that if I eat 500 cals less than I burn, I won't lose weight......?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljbuilder)
    In a nutshell, that kinda is how the body works.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Gwyn)
    x
    Quoting you here to keep spam off the main thread.

You're pretty much my height and weigh 26 pounds less than me!

...Losing that much seems impossible within the 12 week time frame, unless I have an extremely healthy and monitored diet and I exercise a lot...
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)

...Losing that much seems impossible within the 12 week time frame, unless I have an extremely healthy and monitored diet and I exercise a lot...
    Isn't this the point of the contest? :ahee:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Isn't this the point of the contest? :ahee:
    I can do kinda healthy, and some exercise (which is what I'm trying - It's already a massive step up from nothing but sweets and chocolate and NO exercise). But if I make an extreme change I'm worried I won't stick to it :emo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I'm currently eating a low-carb, high protein diet and training 4-5 times a week which I am recording in my blog (in my sig). Don't really think it's worth making a new one just for this.
    I have actually gone on this diet to make weight for a competition but I figured I might as well make it the start to losing all my excess flab and decided to join in! Feeling pretty motivated right now, but I have to go to a couple of meetings in the evening over the next few weeks where everyone's just like "let's order pizza". Can't really eat that right now so what should I do? Just eat 1 slice? Or take a big salad with me that everyone can have some of? I don't want to offend anyone lol.
    It's your health and body we're talking about, if someone has a problem they can **** off. Bring your own food if you can (if you bring enough stuff to share, that's great). Don't make a big deal out of it, but if someone asks, just say that you need to lose weight for the competition and want to eat healthier end of story.

But yeah I've found that one of the main problems of sticking with a diet are the people around (not blaming them though, it just takes even more self discipline to resists the added temptations!) It's so much easier to stick to a diet if f.e. the whole household eats the same kind of stuff (I don't really crave bread and don't have it at my place, but I ate quite a lot of proper finnish rye bread when I was at my parents' place, just because it was there!).

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, got to make weight for boxing. But this year I want to get there in a healthy way and stay there.
    I've decided to enter the transformation as well, will try to get pics up tomorrow.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)

2lb a week is definitely do-able with a healthy diet and exercise! But yeah, it does mean being strict with the odd treat.

And with the pizza post - personally I would say i've got a funny tummy today and just have a slice, leave the crusts, and eat when I get home. If you want to be honest, though, stuff em and bring some nice fresh salad and fruit good luck xxx
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any specific aims for these 12 weeks? I'm aiming for at least a stone lost, but will probably be able to do a little more.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Does anyone have any specific aims for these 12 weeks? I'm aiming for at least a stone lost, but will probably be able to do a little more.
    I'd absolutely LOVE to lose a stone. But since I am already at the lowest weight I've been for like 8 years (I was a fat kid) it kinda seems impossible. BUT I'm gonna try hard
    My only aim is to do a little bit of exercise/yoga every day. If I keep that up without fail I'm gonna be quite proud of myself
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I'm hoping for 12lb lost but a stone would be great

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.