The Student Room Group

need help choosing a theme for my higher art expressive : PORTRAITURE unit :)

Hey i live in scotland, am 16 and neeeed some help!

As soon as we start back at school we are starting our expressive higher art units. I have chosen to do Portraiture because better results seem to come out of it. i have a natural ability at art and have been practicing drawing facial features and theres no problem there.

My problem is that i have no idea what to choose for a portraiture theme...? ive done a bit of brainstorming but cant tell if some of my ideas have been done too many times before. alot of my ideas seem more approtpriate for a still life unit but i cant think of a unique one for portraiture. soo any theme ideas or advise on improving my themes would be much appreciated.

Theme ideas:

1) SUMMER:
-drawings of feet in long grass
-comic image of someone sunburnt
-someone wearing sunglasses, reflection in the sunglasses
-Beach scene
-Girl looking at daisy

2) WINTER:
-Wooly hats & scarfs on model
-reflection in puddles of rainwater
-comic : red noses
-ski goggles

3) DOUBT/ LOW SELFESTEEM:
-portrail of emotions on subjects face

4) WORKSHOP:
-man focusing / frustrated with oils and paint on his face as he focus's on his work
-concentration potrayed on face

please help! i dont feel any of these themes would have the 'WOWZAH' effect :P much appreciated jodie ps. sorry for novel...
I'm looking for ideas for my own expressive unit for my National 5 (standard grade credit) what did you do in the end? I really need some tips as I'm struggling!!
For N5 I did drew Samuel Jackson

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending