Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Run, rabbit, run!

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so I just checked back to my old fitness blog here, and haven't touched it since 2010!

Happy to say that I achieved what I wanted from the last one and did improve my fitness a lot, and lost weight for my year travelling which is good.

Very much improved my lifting, sorted out my techniques etc but lately have been in no real routine so i've decided to get back into it.

I don't have any specific aims, except that I'd like to be fitter again and in good shape for ski trips (one in feb, one in april). But just decided to start up this blog again to keep track of my exercise, lifting and eating habits to whip myself back into shape asap.

Have a new job starting monday, so can get myself into a good routine and am feeling very motivated!

I'll start posting my daily intakes and exercise etc asap.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    In to stalk :teeth:

What is your new job?!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    In to stalk :teeth:

What is your new job?!
    It's not a 'proper' job :sad: Just a permanent job where I was working over Christmas...haha. But my shifts are 1-9 which means instead of trying to fit in post-work gym sessions when i'm feeling exhausted, I can now slot them in in the mornings so I feel fresh and motivated for the day ahead
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is the old routine I was going by which was working very well but I've neglected it a bit ( a lot):

day 1
    squat 3x8
    strict press 3x8
    bb bent over row 3x8
    asst. chinups 3x8
    pressups 3x8
    powerplate
    swim

day 2
    cardio
    core work
    powerplate
    swim

day 3
    deadlift 3x5
    dumbell bench press 3x8
    calf raises 3x10
    powerplate
    swim

day 4
    rest

day 5
    frontsquat/oh squat 3x8
    cleans 3x5
    asst. dips 3x8
    asst. pullups 3x8
    powerplate
    swim

day 6
    hiit
    core work
    powerplate
    swim

day 7
    rest

On my 'rest' days I was doing things like a zumba class for an hour, just cos it's enjoyable!

Lately though I've been doing things like a zumba class as my 'cardio' though and totally neglecting any proper exercise, which is why i've made this thread again and am just so keen to get back into this and sort myself out.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinkajou)
    It's not a 'proper' job :sad: Just a permanent job where I was working over Christmas...haha. But my shifts are 1-9 which means instead of trying to fit in post-work gym sessions when i'm feeling exhausted, I can now slot them in in the mornings so I feel fresh and motivated for the day ahead
    Oh that's good though to have a permanent job with fixed hours! You can definitely make good progress there :yep:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Oh that's good though to have a permanent job with fixed hours! You can definitely make good progress there :yep:
    Yup! I def need a proper plan. Just going when I'm 'free' has not worked at all so I'm excited to have some structure back! Will probs be coming to you for advice as I get back into it
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I just want to get back in to this NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week. Sick of waking up feeling dreadful - I have a horrible chest infection/flu at the moment, am completely dehydrated and just lacking any energy whatsoever. Am on a week's holiday and this was supposed to be my kickstart week! Damn it, I know I can motivate myself to work even harder when I finally can start, but it's just frustrating me now. Half of me wants to try my luck at the gym and see how I get on regardless, but my inability to eat properly and weakness make me know it'll be utterly fruitless. Ah Losing weight at a rapid pace over the last few days too, which usually would be awesome, if I was being healthy :rolleyes: Embarrassed to have started this thread and still not be doing it properly!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaah finally starting to be able to taste food again Just a shame we have nothing very healthy in.

Today so far i've had:

Breakfast - small bowl of special k red berries with alpro soya light, glass of berocca (effervescing orange vitamin tablet)
    Mid-morning - cup of tea with one sweetener and skimmed milk
    Lunch - 2 small slices of brown bread toasted with a slice of mature cheddar grilled on each, some vine cherry tomatoes, 200ml of fresh orange juice
    Snack - Approx 6 haribos, cup of tea
    Dinner - duck a l'orange, crushed carrots

And lots of water.

I WILL eat well and exercise soon...sigh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pics? For science...
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Ha, no pics...although i've taken my own pics so that i can take new ones every 4 weeks to compare...for science

Okay so i'm still coughing my lungs out but I was feeling so agitated I just had to get out and do *something*. Got too sick of waiting for 'tomorrow' in the hope I felt spritely again!

Had a bit of an energy surge anyway so went off to my zumba class for an hour, where I did work hard and put everything into it. Not ideal but it's a start. Following zumba i did a powerplate session (calves, tricep dips, squats, plank, press up etc then my stetches).

So yeah, pretty rubbish exercise-wise but better than nothing

Food:

1 alpro soya plain yoghurt, fresh blueberries & blackberries, spoonful of low fat muesli
    organic nettle, peppermint and fennel tea
    banana
    minestrone slim-a-soup
    coffee (sweetener and a tiny bit of ss milk)
    steamed broccoli, smoked salmon, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, splash of soy sauce and lemon juice
    lots of water

if i'm hungry later will have an apple or some mango

back to the gym tomorrow morning to start a proper routine, as for my lifting i'll be on it like a car bonnet again as of tomorrow! can't wait to tone up again.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Quick pre-work update!

Exercise:

1 hour zumba class

assisted chin ups 3 x 8
    assisted pull ups 3 x 8
    assisted dips 5 x 8

squats
    1 x 8 0kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 8 30 kg
    2 x 4 40kg

bb bent over row
    1 x 8 17.5kg
    3 x 8 25kg

pretty pathetic attempt at everything, but first time back and i ran out of time. damn it. will try a lot harder tomorrow. and do a lot more! NEED to start following my proper routine.

as for food so far:

(updated below)

will update later tonight. now for an 8 hour shift at work...
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Food today:

small bowl of bran flakes with alpro soya light, mini banana, green tea
    2 x pumpkin seed ryvita, 1 mini tub of light philadelphia, 2 small slices of smoked salmon, lemon juice
    green tea
    apple & another mini banana, tea with sweetener & tiny bit of ss milk, berocca boost tablet
    small bowl of goan spiced tomato & lentil soup, mini babybel light
    nettle, peppermint & fennel tea

+ lots of water
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately couldn't get to the gym this morning as we had guests last night and I didn't have enough time before work! Took the opportunity to use available time to stock up on fresh, healthy food though Hitting the gym tomorrow morning too. Must have burned a fair few cals during my 8 hour shift on my feet all day though so all is not lost.

Food:

bran flakes with alpro soya light, coffee (skimmed milk, 2 sweeteners)
    salad of fresh white crab meat, 3/4 of a small avocado crushed with 1/2 a fresh red chilli, fresh lime juice & black pepper
    john west 246cal mediterranean tuna light lunch, clementine
    cup of tea (1 sweetener, ss milk), apple, low fat blueberry mousse
    lots of water
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not so great gym sesh (story of my life)

10min sprint to warm up

shoulder press
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 6 25kg

chest press
    1 x 10 15kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 8 25kg
    1 x 5 30kg

bicep curls
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 6 25kg
    1 x 6 30kg

tricep curls
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 6 25kg
    1 x 6 30kg

felt so weak, i was absolutely pathetic today. had a crap breakfast of special k and a tiny banana which didn't help!

some core work and 50 sit ups

HIIT cycling

making sure i have some decent protein for lunch before i head off to work.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Food today:

Small bowl of special k red berries, alpro soya light, green tea, mini banana
    299 cal weight watchers meal of Spanish chicken and potatas bravas, lettuce
    2 clementines, mini fruit salad
    Espresso, cup of tea

Will have half a cup of Goan tomato and lentil soup after I finish work at 9pm.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jen I think you need more protein!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinkajou)
    Not so great gym sesh (story of my life)

10min sprint to warm up

shoulder press
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 6 25kg

chest press
    1 x 10 15kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 8 25kg
    1 x 5 30kg

bicep curls
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 6 25kg
    1 x 6 30kg

tricep curls
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    2 x 6 25kg
    1 x 6 30kg

felt so weak, i was absolutely pathetic today. had a crap breakfast of special k and a tiny banana which didn't help!

some core work and 50 sit ups

HIIT cycling

making sure i have some decent protein for lunch before i head off to work.

you can bicep curl 30kg but only bench 30kg? and OHP 25kg? something doesnt add up there, you cheating the curls out or something?

and tricep extension (tricep curl lol) 30kg? lol just lol
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    you can bicep curl 30kg but only bench 30kg? and OHP 25kg? something doesnt add up there, you cheating the curls out or something?

and tricep extension (tricep curl lol) 30kg? lol just lol
    Nonsense. I didn't mention that I'd benched anything, not that I really need to explain myself on my own blog where I'm recording my weights for personal future reference, but today happened to be a one off resistance machine sesh as opposed to free weights anyway.

As an addition, ability was irrelevant today, I said myself I wasn't putting everything into what I was doing so what I can do on one thing and on another will not equate because I just wasn't feeling it.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Jen I think you need more protein!
    Yeah that's what my bf told me! Will def introduce more into my diet
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    exercise today:

12min jog
    13min sprint

lat pull downs
    1 x 10 10kg
    2 x 8 20kg
    1 x 8 25kg
    1 x 6 30kg
    2 x 6 35kg

assisted dips
    5 x 8

assisted chin ups
    5 x 8

strict press
    1 x 10 12.5kg
    2 x 8 17.5kg
    3 x 6 20kg

50 sit ups
    core work

HIIT cycling

powerplate stretches

Obviously still just doing random things and not yet following my actual routine, but trying to rebuild my strength again slowly as i get back into it. I stupidly thought i'd jump straight back into a routine and it's just not happening yet! Think this week is just a sort of 'test' for myself to see what i need to improve again most and work hardest on.

Should have done my strict press first cos my arms were like jelly by the time it got round to it, so pretty poor weight attempt.

Food:

bran flakes, alpro soya light, nettle fennel & peppermint tea
    1 pumpkin seed ryvita, half a mini pot of light philadelphia, tiny bit of smoked salmon
    mini banana, clementine
    lean beef fried in 1 cal per spray oil, red chillies, onion, garlic, paprika & coriander. iceberg lettuce, yellow pepper, cucumber, 4 cherry tomatoes
    hot no sugar vimto, melon

lots of water as standard!

Tomorrow i think i will focus on legs at the gym

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.