The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Howard
Speculation.

well you think they would have stopped their programme of killing jews, gypsies, gays etc..? there were plenty more of them out there.

or were you just being disagreeable..?
Reply 81
p00p
Look what I bought

I want one!
Reply 82
This thread has just turned into "What's worse, Nazism or Communism?". The fact is that the Swastika has come to forthrightly symbolise the horrors of the holocaust whereas the Hammer & Sickle has come to symbolise the ideology of Communism, not the horrors that have taken place in the name of Communism. End of story.
Reply 83
Spam-mi-am
This thread has just turned into "What's worse, Nazism or Communism?". The fact is that the Swastika has come to forthrightly symbolise the horrors of the holocaust whereas the Hammer & Sickle has come to symbolise the ideology of Communism, not the horrors that have taken place in the name of Communism. End of story.

If you're so sure that the hammer and sickle only represents the ideology of communism, I challenge you to wander about in Russia or Poland with it emblazened across your t-shirt.

The only reason why you seem so sure that it is only symbolised with the ideology of communism, is because in this country we spend so much time being told how evil the Nazis were. Schools very rarely focus on the egregious deeds of our great ally, 'uncle Joe'.
Reply 84
p00p
Look what I bought

Look what I bought.
http://www.shopmetrospy.com/
Reply 85
anothergapyear
Why do some people walk round wearing T-Shirts with the Hammer and Sickle, but not the Nazi Swastika? Do these H&S morons not realise that Communism and those who founded it have killed millions more than Nazism ever did?

Thoughts and answers please. I am intrigued…

It is all about media brainwashing :eek:

Media fails to mention how many the communists killed so the lemmings (like most on here) do not realsie it.

Do people on here realise what happened at Katyne Forest?

The media is well infiltrated by communists.
Reply 86
Yes truly I am a lemming, brainwashed by the media...That's false consciousness and if you acknowledge its existence it makes arguing about anything a frustrating experience for all concerned.
Reply 87
dave777

lol
dave777
It is all about media brainwashing :eek:

Media fails to mention how many the communists killed so the lemmings (like most on here) do not realsie it.

Do people on here realise what happened at Katyne Forest?

Do you really need to go through all this "sheeple people" charade? It actually makes YOU look like you've been brainwashed into believing that anyone left of you has been brainwashed. Hitler has undeniably had the benefit(?) of better PR people for his atrocities. However, anyone that can read can very easily find out about Babi Yar and the Purges, and more to the point can learn how to spell Katyń.
Agent Smith
Do you really need to go through all this "sheeple people" charade? It actually makes YOU look like you've been brainwashed into believing that anyone left of you has been brainwashed. Hitler has undeniably had the benefit(?) of better PR people for his atrocities. However, anyone that can read can very easily find out about Babi Yar and the Purges, and more to the point can learn how to spell Katyń.

to be fair some of us don't know how to get those funky foreign letters...
Agent Smith
By "good idea" I meant good in its intention. "All men are equal" is a more noble motto than "All men are inferior to us", in my opinion.
Hi A-S. If it's clearly wrong-headed, there's nothing noble about trying to make society confrom to it. People aren't equal, and they are not perfectible. Platitudes as policy is a bad idea.

~~And where does this equality-idea come from? Not Marx and Engels, not the CM, not any communist regime ever...

The Nazi notions of Aryan superiority on the other hand have no inherently negative implications as the Nazis didn't want to live with any other peoples. Every people thinks it's own culture most suitable for itself--and many average Joes from all cultures would say their's is best. As long as their supremacist ideas don't become internationalist in profile, as Communism always was, I see no problem.
My 2p: When I see a swatstika I immediately think of mass murder and oppression. When i see a hammer and sickle I think of workers' reovlution against oppression. As these are immediate reactions they can be neither wrong nor right. Others may have different reactions fine, but obviously more people have the same kind of reaction I do to swatstikas and a less shocked reaction to the hammer and sickle. Thus society overall accepts it for better or for worse.
Reply 92
cheesecakebobby
My 2p: When I see a swatstika I immediately think of mass murder and oppression. When i see a hamemr and sickle I think of workers' reovlution against oppression. As these are immediate reactions they can be neither wrong nor right. Others may have different reactions fine, but obviously more people have the same kind of reaction I do to swatstikas and a less shocked reaction to the hammer and sickle. Thus society overall accepts it for better or for worse.

Exactly. That's what I've been trying to say all along.
Reply 93
cheesecakebobby
My 2p: When I see a swatstika I immediately think of mass murder and oppression. When i see a hammer and sickle I think of workers' reovlution against oppression. As these are immediate reactions they can be neither wrong nor right. Others may have different reactions fine, but obviously more people have the same kind of reaction I do to swatstikas and a less shocked reaction to the hammer and sickle. Thus society overall accepts it for better or for worse.

only because they haven't been properly eduacated about the dangers of communism and what has been done by communists in the past.
Put it this way: what is more likely, a communist who doesn't want to kill anyone, or a Nazi who has nothing against Jews/ gypsies/ homosexuals?

By the way, I got full marks in the Russian portion of my History A level.
cheesecakebobby
More people have a negative reaction to immigrants than to indigenes. The right or wrong is, as you say, a separate question. That Nazism is less well liked than Communism is true, but thinkers want to know why, and want to know why something as destructive and murderous as Communism has received such little bad press. It matters ccb.
cheesecakebobby
Put it this way: what is more likely, a communist who doesn't want to kill anyone, or a Nazi who has nothing against Jews/ gypsies/ homosexuals?

Almost equal. Which is worse ccb, the serial killer or the spree-killer? Child.
Reply 97
ArthurOliver
More people have a negative reaction to immigrants than to indigenes. The right or wrong is, as you say, a separate question. That Nazism is less well liked than Communism is true, but thinkers want to know why, and want to know why something as destructive and murderous as Communism has received such little bad press. It matters ccb.

But the question isn't 'is Nazism worse liked because the ideology is worse than communism?' or something of that nature. Rather, it's a question of symbolism and immediate associations with the Hammer and Sickle, and the Swastika.
Reply 98
cheesecakebobby

the communists will be killing people when they get into power. at least a nazi is being honest about it so is less dangerous.

well done.
Reply 99
Spam-mi-am
But the question isn't 'is Nazism worse liked because the ideology is worse than communism?' or something of that nature. Rather, it's a question of symbolism and immediate associations with the Hammer and Sickle, and the Swastika.

which is why the points about education are relavent but the stupid 'which is worse' arguments are not.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3887609&postcount=70

Latest

Trending

Trending