The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham business school applicants 2012

Hey,
I'm got my offer for Finace accounting and management and I am considering making it my firm choice. An was just wondering if anyone on here has done the course is is going to in 2012 :smile:
Reply 1
got an offer from nottingham yesterday for the same course, trying to decide between nottingham and birmingham to put as my firm
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
unconditional for the same course :smile: see you both there?
Reply 3
Most probably, going to see the uni on the 15th feb, will most probably choose nottingham anyway!
Reply 4
i just firmed :biggrin: i cant visit i live too far :frown: do you think you could tell me what it's like there when you go? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi guys, recieved an offer for industrial econmics which is part of the business school:biggrin: I'm yet to find anyone on my course so slightly worried! Btw what accommodations are you guys planning on choosing Raleigh, St Peters or Newark I can't decide!
Reply 6
ggurl3: Ah ok, where do you live? Yep I will let you know what its like after the visit day, I have been there before to stay so know a little bit about it. University park is huge, and is also quite nice. Jubilee campus isn't far, about a 10-15 minute walk from what I can remember. Jubilee also had some buildings that looked quite new. Will let you know more detail after the visit day!

Yiddyyinks: I'm thinking about St. Peters or Raleigh, you?
Reply 7
I'm deff staying in uni park :smile: i want to be around as many people as I can in my first year, I'm super excited :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I've just firmed after todays visit day for Finace accounting and management ; everything was even better than I remembered. I really hope I get my grades, I can't wait! I'm hoping to get accommodation in Hugh Stewart on University Park, anyone's else thinking of there?
Reply 9
Open day was good, they talked a lot about international study. I'm most probs gonna firm sometime this week for finance, accounting and management!

Jammyj12: did you go on wednesday? I was there too! I was thinking of staying on university park, but I don't like the fact that its only a 31 week contract, and so you have to move out during christmas and easter! Also, I don't really want catered food. However, uni park is huge!

ggurl3: I'm from London
Reply 10
Kevz: Yeah I was there on Wednesday I say the guy in like a striped green top, lol not that you would remember. I know it is annoying with the 31 weeks but, when I looked around I just preferred the University Park accomidation; I was always going to go catered as I really can't cook. It also seems like far more goes on in University Park.
Reply 11
what grades do they want from you guys?
Reply 12
Original post by ggurl3
what grades do they want from you guys?

I need to get AAB
Reply 13
lol nope don't remember haha. I was wearing a grey cardigan, don't think you will remember either lol! Yeah that's true, that's one thing that I'm worried about, the fact that I won't be on University Park where most of the uni will be.

And they want AAB from me, I think that's for everyone actually
Reply 14
Original post by kevz
lol nope don't remember haha. I was wearing a grey cardigan, don't think you will remember either lol! Yeah that's true, that's one thing that I'm worried about, the fact that I won't be on University Park where most of the uni will be.

And they want AAB from me, I think that's for everyone actually

The one thing that I'm not sure of is that apparently we don't pick which hall we get, because ideally I want to be in Hugh stwart or maybe Cripps, but when I locked at some of the newer halls I didn't really like them.
Reply 15
yeah i heard that you cant pick the hall you're in :/ is there really a big difference between the halls?
Reply 16
I heard that for University Park last year you couldn't put any preferences as to what hall you wanted to go into, but I heard that this year you're allowed to put preferences now?
Original post by Jammyj12
Hey,
I'm got my offer for Finace accounting and management and I am considering making it my firm choice. An was just wondering if anyone on here has done the course is is going to in 2012 :smile:

I'm starting this course in september, and confirmed my place. It seems to be a really good course, and nottingham university is a really good university to study it at. You even have the option of going abroad (either malaysia or china) in the second year!
Original post by ggurl3
i just firmed :biggrin: i cant visit i live too far :frown: do you think you could tell me what it's like there when you go? :smile:

I went to have a short visit, it looks very very chilled out. The only bad thing is that because its so big (Jubilee campus) it gets a bit confusing. They seem to be renovating the business school though, the reception was temporarily in some classroom!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending