The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Official firmer's thread - 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by mrlemontea
Hey the Hallpad page doesn't allow application of accomodation! anyone experiencing that same problem?

Ya I've had the same problem, I would assume most people do, since on Hallpad it says that applications only start on the 23rd of march - yet the latest newsletter said it would start the 2nd of march. I emailed [email protected] and asked when exactly can we apply for accommodation. I'll post their reply on this thread when I get it
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Jsalgado
Ya I've had the same problem, I would assume most people do, since on Hallpad it says that applications only start on the 23rd of march - yet the latest newsletter said it would start the 2nd of march. I emailed [email protected] and asked when exactly can we apply for accommodation. I'll post their reply on this thread when I get it

I was able to apply successfully for accommodation on the 1st March :/
Reply 102
Original post by charliee-xo
I was able to apply successfully for accommodation on the 1st March :/

Ya now its working :smile: (idk why it wasn't before)
Reply 103
Ooohh which hall to go to?
Reply 104
Got an offer for L101 last week, delighted. I'm going on the visit day in April but I'd love to apply for accommodation sooner. Any opinions on which hall is the best bet ? Or otherwise?
Reply 105
Original post by DanBrooks
Got an offer for L101 last week, delighted. I'm going on the visit day in April but I'd love to apply for accommodation sooner. Any opinions on which hall is the best bet ? Or otherwise?

I'm choosing between High Holborn, Bankside, Carr-Saunders, and Rosebery.
But still unsure.. :confused:

Maybe if one of them had a hot-tub
haha...
Reply 106
Original post by noojoo
I'm choosing between High Holborn, Bankside, Carr-Saunders, and Rosebery.
But still unsure.. :confused:

haha...

I had a look around High-Holburn last year and, although the rooms were basic, it seemed social and pleasant enough. Couldn't believe how expensive it was though! Especially as it was self-catering too. Looking at the map in the offer book it appears the price is influenced by its proximity to the school.. and if there are any hot-tubs, I've yet to find reference to them in the book :frown:
Just applied for accommodation on Hallpad! :smile:
I'm thinking of applying for Rosebery followed by Carr Saunders as I've heard they are the most social halls...
Not sure about the third one though or the intercollegiate halls :s-smilie:
Original post by noojoo
haha...

If only... :daydreaming:
Original post by Victor-PP
Just applied for accommodation on Hallpad! :smile:

Awesome, I sent mine off on 1st March! Which ones did you apply for?
Reply 111

Do you even go here?

Since I want a 31-week contract, I was left with Rosebery and Carr-Saunders. Both look pretty good, though :smile:
Original post by rp93
Do you even go here?

Hi Jose :wink:
Since I want a 31-week contract, I was left with Rosebery and Carr-Saunders. Both look pretty good, though :smile:

I applied for those two as well, along with Passfield, and from what I've heard they are all pretty good :smile:
Reply 115
finally applied for accommodation, applied to Carr Saunders, High Holborn and Bankside, which of the three do you think is more social?
Reply 116
I'm going to take a while deciding. I hear LSE does not operate a first come, first serve policy, is this true?, so basically I can apply in a month and have the same chance someone who applies tomorrow?

Are the intercollegiate halls any good? International Hall ect....
Thanks
I applied for those two as well, along with Passfield, and from what I've heard they are all pretty good :smile:

What course have you got an offer for? :smile:
Reply 118
Hi, if you have a 31 week contract, does this mean you have to leave during holidays e.g Christmas, and take all your belongings out and then move back in. How does it work?
Thanks
What course have you got an offer for? :smile:

Social Anthropology :smile:

How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest