Scroll to see replies

Firmed LSE for Economics.

Any recommendation for accom? :smile:
Priorities: single room, catered, cheaper fees
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 161
To the LSE admission tutor who gave me my only economics offer, THANK YOU.

Just got my 3rd rejection! Weird thing is I almost didn't apply to LSE, so glad i did!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 162
C
Original post by funkydee
To the LSE admission tutor who gave me my only economics offer, THANK YOU.

Just got my 3rd rejection! Weird thing is I almost didn't apply to LSE, so glad i did!!

Congratulations on your offer! I was also rejected by durham before getting my L101 offer, what rejections did you receive?

See you next year :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by Jsalgado
C

Congratulations on your offer! I was also rejected by durham before getting my L101 offer, what rejections did you receive?

See you next year :smile:

Camb, Warwick, Notts
ahh got my offer a while ago but still cant believe it! Congrats on your offer aswell man
see you next year!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Poppet.
Since I received my offer over a week ago I have spent far too much time thinking about my accommodation and so I've compiled a (very short) short list to help me narrow down the choice. It's based largely on my preference for a single room (so that rules out Passfield), price, and on the areas in which the accommodation is. I've read a few people who seem concerned that they don't know London well enough to make a decision so hopefully I can help a little bit since I've grown up in London.

CARR SAUNDERS

Close to nightlife in Camden, Tottenham Court Road, Oxford Circus and Covent Garden. However, area isn't very personal and also quite touristy.
Fair amount of students in the area. Not particularly cheap for amenities though.
Single £150 pw. 31 week contract. Total £4650 pa

BANKSIDE

Not particularly close to the the main clubbing area of London but surrounded by theatres such as The Globe and The Young and Old Vic. Bit more personality by the river. Cheaper shopping areas.
Single en suite 186-196 pw. 40 week contract. Total £7440-7840 pa

NORTHUMBERLAND HOUSE

Pretty area close to the river, St James' Park, Buckingham Palace etc, but not very studenty.
Single en suite 195-211pw. 40 week contract. Total £7800-8440 pa

ROSEBERRY

Islington, 20 minute walk from Old Street, Liverpool Street and Shoreditch High street which are generally considered some of the more "up and coming areas" of London.
Great shopping and nightlife, both of which will be much cheaper than Soho and Covent Garden. Much more personality.
Single £159-167pw. 31 week contract. Total £4929-5177 pa.

It might be obvious from above that I'm pretty much decided on Roseberry, despite having to sacrifice my desire for an en suite. Hope some of this was helpful x

You're a god/goddess. This is so helpful, thank you :smile:
Reply 165
Hello guys!

Got my offer from LSE 2 weeks ago and I was really overjoyed!
Still deciding on my firm and insurance between LSE and Warwick but I cannot wait for September!

And I am absolutely jealous of you UK students who get to go for the visit day! :frown:

But congratulations, everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 166
Original post by Merrrylyn
Hello guys!

Got my offer from LSE 2 weeks ago and I was really overjoyed!
Still deciding on my firm and insurance between LSE and Warwick but I cannot wait for September!

And I am absolutely jealous of you UK students who get to go for the visit day! :frown:

But congratulations, everyone! :biggrin:

What did you apply for? and LSE generally has a better reputation than Warwick
Reply 167
Hi guys, when we apply for accommodation on Hall pad can we apply for more than one room at the same hall? Also, what's the likely hood of getting your first choice? Thanks
Has anyone else booked for an open day on the 3 April but still waiting for an e-mail?
Reply 169
Just firmed LSE for L101 :smile: Anyone going to the open day on the 3rd of April?
Original post by Francium
Just firmed LSE for L101 :smile: Anyone going to the open day on the 3rd of April?

Yes, I am - can't wait! I'm 99% sure I'm firming LSE but I'm waiting until the 3rd for full clarification :smile:
Reply 171
Carr Saunders vs Bankside, which is best and why? Thanks
Reply 172
Original post by Alpha5
Carr Saunders vs Bankside, which is best and why? Thanks

From what I've heard and researched Carr Saunders is located in a better and funner area, in Camden, near all the clubs, shops and restaurants. Because there are many universities and accommodations in this area there are a lot of students and it tends to be very lively. Bankside, as indicated by the name, is by the river. I find this quite an ugly area, but it's also close to theaters, art museums, etc... so it's also a lively area. I aslo prefer CS because its a smaller accommodation where everyone knows everyone and due to their size and location they party a lot :smile:. Bankside is much bigger, so it's not very personal. I've chosen: 1) CS 2) Rosebery (seeing these two tend to be the more sociable and funner accommodations) 3) High Holborn (it's in a great area, near covent garden, and really close to lse).

hope this helps
Reply 173
Original post by Jsalgado
From what I've heard and researched Carr Saunders is located in a better and funner area, in Camden, near all the clubs, shops and restaurants. Because there are many universities and accommodations in this area there are a lot of students and it tends to be very lively. Bankside, as indicated by the name, is by the river. I find this quite an ugly area, but it's also close to theaters, art museums, etc... so it's also a lively area. I aslo prefer CS because its a smaller accommodation where everyone knows everyone and due to their size and location they party a lot :smile:. Bankside is much bigger, so it's not very personal. I've chosen: 1) CS 2) Rosebery (seeing these two tend to be the more sociable and funner accommodations) 3) High Holborn (it's in a great area, near covent garden, and really close to lse).

hope this helps

Hi, thanks for your opinion. It's hard to decide, I think I will most probably go for 1)CS, 2) Bankside 3) Rosbery. As CS is quite small in relative to others, do you think it's likely we will get the room we want?
Also do we have to apply to 3 intercollegiate halls aswell, or is just applying to 3 halls allowed. Thanks
Hey :smile:

Received my offer for Government yesterday, really really excited hehe!

Anyone else on here for the BSc Govt course?

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!
Hey ho,

I also got my offer for Economic History yesterday...The moment when I saw the conditional offer was just great :biggrin: Are there any other german offer holders?
Reply 176
Guys, do we have to apply to 3 intercollegiate halls aswell, or can we get away with just 3 LSE halls. Thanks.
Reply 177
Original post by mollyb1993
Hey :smile:

Received my offer for Government yesterday, really really excited hehe!

Anyone else on here for the BSc Govt course?

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!

Hey there, so pleased to have another Government person on this thread, I think there are only about 25 of us in total! Well done to ya x
Reply 178
Original post by Alpha5
Guys, do we have to apply to 3 intercollegiate halls aswell, or can we get away with just 3 LSE halls. Thanks.

You have to choose 3 intercollegiate halls as well, but you put in that you'd prefer an LSE hall. I really hope I don't get put in an intercollegiate hall though. :/
Reply 179
Original post by MzRayz
You have to choose 3 intercollegiate halls as well, but you put in that you'd prefer an LSE hall. I really hope I don't get put in an intercollegiate hall though. :/

Ok thanks, yeah I don't really want to be in an intercollegiate hall either. Do you know whether or not people generally get their first choice accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending