Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

wpb's ickle blog

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    It's okay thanks The gum just seems a bit swollen still which is why I can't put my false teeth in yet, lol. And just going shopping set the pain off Maybe I'm just a wuss when it comes to my teeth.
    Thanks for your concern :hugs:
    You're not a wuss at all, tooth/ gum pain is a bitch!

Hope it all settles down and heals quickly :console: How long you expecting to not be able to exert yourself?
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    You're not a wuss at all, tooth/ gum pain is a bitch!

Hope it all settles down and heals quickly :console: How long you expecting to not be able to exert yourself?
    Eh, I'm starting with things like going for a walk and exercises I can do while standing/sitting this weekend (some yoga poses) and I'll have a go at situps as well. Monday I'm going in to get my stitches removed which is when I'll ask why the hell I still get such a weird feeling whenever I bend over (and I often bend over when I'm doing yoga so it's bloody inconvenient...)! But it shouldn't really take more than a week, this rest period. I think.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry you're not feeling too well at the moment. Wishing you a speedy recovery x
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    I discovered the cause for my epically low mood and the food cravings. It's that time of the month. :sigh: (sorry if tmi)

Currently having dried apricots, that stuff's addictive! (and calorific, oops)
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I'm sorry you're not feeling too well at the moment. Wishing you a speedy recovery x
    Thank you :hugs:

I forgot to add yesterday's food! So here it is:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Breakfast: Some muesli with a bit of plain yoghurt, two eggs
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: A sausage, two small munch bunch, a salad of lamb's lettuce, sweetcorn, mushrooms, horseradish, tomatoes, a slice of low fat brie and a small sprinkle of sunflower seeds
    Snack: Like 300kcals worth of dried apricots, "Fanta" Zero (1.5litres adding up to 30kcals)
    Dinner: Fillet of pollack (oven cooked) with tomatoes, mushrooms and a bit of cheese on top, 1 1/2 potatoes
    Pudding: Yet another apple

Aaaand today's dinner so far:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Breakfast: Slice of rye bread (41g) with mango-strawberry jam (tsp), 2 small munch bunch
    Lunch: Smoothie from two carrots, apple, orange juice, yoghurt, quark, lemon juice (not that great but very filling)
    Dinner will be lean pork cubes with cauliflower and mushrooms in some kinda sauce, I dunno

My dad just gave me 300g of the finest chocolate-coated marzipan as a present :sigh:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad just gave me 300g of the finest chocolate-coated marzipan as a present :sigh:
    Assuming you share my complete lack of self control:

Cut it in pieces
    Wrap the pieces in foil
    Date each piece (e.g. I can eat this piece on Monday 16th, this piece on Wednesday 18th...)

For some reason, eating the next day's food seems so much more rebellious to me than just munching too much chocolate :teehee:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    Assuming you share my complete lack of self control:

Cut it in pieces
    Wrap the pieces in foil
    Date each piece (e.g. I can eat this piece on Monday 16th, this piece on Wednesday 18th...)

For some reason, eating the next day's food seems so much more rebellious to me than just munching too much chocolate :teehee:
    Ohhh while it's 300g, it's a packet of nice bite-sized pieces But I was trying to limit my chocolate intake to once a week... (cappuccino with cocoa powder doesn't count :mmm: ) But that's a good idea, thanks
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh while it's 300g, it's a packet of nice bite-sized pieces But I was trying to limit my chocolate intake to once a week... (cappuccino with cocoa powder doesn't count :mmm: ) But that's a good idea, thanks
    How do you find it trying to stick to that chocolate limit? I'm terrible at 'allowing' myself stuff, I always think 'What's one more piece?' :rolleyes: ... 'and just maybe that bit more...'. Or a classic of mine: Make if the biggest, fattiest, sickliest piece I can find

So I'm denying myself chocolate - but what I am allowed is Tescos light choices chocolate powder. It is honestly the best tasting chocolate powder I have ever tried. So along with skimmed milk, fat-free yoghurt, and muffins made from 0% fat fromage frais, oat bran and egg, I never feel like I miss out. It's a nice feeling!
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you find it trying to stick to that chocolate limit? I'm terrible at 'allowing' myself stuff, I always think 'What's one more piece?' :rolleyes: ... 'and just maybe that bit more...'. Or a classic of mine: Make if the biggest, fattiest, sickliest piece I can find

So I'm denying myself chocolate - but what I am allowed is Tescos light choices chocolate powder. It is honestly the best tasting chocolate powder I have ever tried. So along with skimmed milk, fat-free yoghurt, and muffins made from 0% fat fromage frais, oat bran and egg, I never feel like I miss out. It's a nice feeling!
    Ehhh yeah I do tend to go overboard if I have something, hence just allowing myself it once a week... (hasn't worked yet so far but hey, week 3 starts tomorrow and I AM going to stick to it :p:) If I allow myself another piece I just call it my cheat treat and know I've only had it once a week! Sounds okay in my head...

But yeah, if I have chocolate CRAVINGS I'll either have my chocolate cappuccino (has just over 50kcals per cup and fills you up) or hot chocolate... But I hate those pre-mixed choc powders, I can only have pure cocoa powder with a tsp of sugar if I add 3/4 1.5% milk and 1/4 water it's not that calorific.
    You've got some good other ideas there though! Esp. non-fat yoghurt (although I can't find that here anywhere [Germany], lowest I've found is 0.1% and the sugar content is super high!).
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ehhh yeah I do tend to go overboard if I have something, hence just allowing myself it once a week... (hasn't worked yet so far but hey, week 3 starts tomorrow and I AM going to stick to it :p:) If I allow myself another piece I just call it my cheat treat and know I've only had it once a week! Sounds okay in my head...

But yeah, if I have chocolate CRAVINGS I'll either have my chocolate cappuccino (has just over 50kcals per cup and fills you up) or hot chocolate... But I hate those pre-mixed choc powders, I can only have pure cocoa powder with a tsp of sugar if I add 3/4 1.5% milk and 1/4 water it's not that calorific.
    You've got some good other ideas there though! Esp. non-fat yoghurt (although I can't find that here anywhere [Germany], lowest I've found is 0.1% and the sugar content is super high!).
    Wow really fat-free yoghurt is so hard to find? I get Onken which is around 7% sugar, not too bad, so it's something I allow myself more of if I'm actually exercising that day as I figure at least it won't be excess carbs as such

The cappuccino sounds good! And roll on week 3
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow really fat-free yoghurt is so hard to find? I get Onken which is around 7% sugar, not too bad, so it's something I allow myself more of if I'm actually exercising that day as I figure at least it won't be excess carbs as such

The cappuccino sounds good! And roll on week 3
    Ohh 7% is good, yoghurt with no fruit is 5% at least, all the flavoured ones are like 13-15% :lolwut: I have munch bunch now because at least they're high in protein

And woo yeah Gotta weigh myself tomorrow :emo:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Back up to my original weight this morning :cry: Well, 68.8kg, but y'know. I could blame it all on being on my monthly cycle and being bloated as hell but realistically I've just been eating too much for someone who's resting... I could come up with more excuses, like "I need to be well-nourished to ensure the wound heals properly" but it's all bull****. I think I have to do the inevitable... Count calories :cry:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    :adore:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    :adore:
    I do not deserve worship :rofl:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do not deserve worship :rofl:
    ..much
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    ..much

I'm eating prunes. Would you care for one? I forgot how nomtastic they are :coma:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:

I'm eating prunes. Would you care for one? I forgot how nomtastic they are :coma:
    Are they in syrup? :awesome:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are they in syrup? :awesome:
    No :sad: I didn't even know such a thing existed!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    No :sad: I didn't even know such a thing existed!
    Prunes in prune juice syrup :coma:

I'll still have one though please :innocent:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Prunes in prune juice syrup :coma:

I'll still have one though please :innocent:
    You may have three

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 6, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.