Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shorty's Transformation

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Are those 1RMs? Also do you have a time frame?
    Umm, I'd like to say that these are for reps. Going to see how tomorrow goes, I'll see what I can push up to comfortably and then have a better estimate after that.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oat bran porridge
    Tuna with onions and herbs
    Turkey breast steak, sliced ham and poached egg
    Roasted chicken breast with spices - should have put something with this
    Chocolate flavoured yoghurt
    half a cup of milk

Protein: 153g
    Carbohydrates: 46g
    Fat: 18g

This was much better today in many ways. Thinking an extra egg or two with tea wouldn't have gone a miss, but I'm far from hungry. Gona try to keep logged with going to the gym, make sure that diet is fitting with exercise etc. Have no protein shake as of yet, but will look into getting some asap - if I'm not skint yet.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've woken up far too early. Good start. Gona try to just rest for the next half hour or so,.hopefully won't.feel **** by 5.45.

Just wondering at the minute the best place to include chin ups. Both days, after the rest? I'll definitely have a go today. Want to be doing them assisted asap.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm. Not so keen on walking into a room lined with a billion steppers, treadmills and dumbbells and wondering where the squat rack is Currently lurking for someone to ask Haha. Fun!

EDIT: Sorted! Stalked some guys to another room.

By the time I got there it was getting on a bit and a couple of people were using some of the facilities, so now I know to get there a little earlier and not fanny about downstairs in the gym bunny room. Didn't manage to get a lot done but have found the squat rack, bench, chin assists and fixed barbells so gona go again tomorrow to try to at least do what I didn't do today, if that makes sense.

Did some Oh Presses - no idea on the weight - 4, 3, 3, 2 - felt about 25/30kg
    Went through squat motions with low weight, felt good to me, look forward to pushing it now.
    I probably could have had a go at some chin ups but there were people lurking and I had to get on to ensure getting to work wasn't a problem.

Plan for tomorrow: leave a bit earlier, wear something more suitable as shorts were too big and looked SO stupid, don't fanny about.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Diet was good today. Higher in carbs but as I went to the gym - oh I did a good few minutes on the crosstrainer at the gym, forgot about that - I'll allow it.

Protein: 151g
    Carbohydrates: 68g
    Fat: 21g

I really want to hit the gym again tomorrow. Must get organized and go to bed reasonable.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Managed to finish in the gym what I wanted to do yesterday:

Assisted chin ups: 1x5 @ 59kg & 54kg, 3x5 @ 50kg. Not entirely sure what the deal is here, I'm guessing that means I'm taking what's left of my body weight, so roughly 11/12kg?
    Squats: 1x5 @ 20, 25 & 30. 3x5 @ 35. Shoulders started to round so repeated and tried to keep better form rather than increasing weight.
    Bb row: 1x5 @ 22.5 & 25. 3x5 @ 30. Though these were with fixed barbells which weren't labelled so if I'm honest they're educated guesses.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good lifting. You should see some good gains in the next 6 months, diet looks pretty good also.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Good lifting. You should see some good gains in the next 6 months, diet looks pretty good also.
    Thanks for the nice comment :yy:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Food today came out at:

165g Protein. 40g Carbohydrates. 34g Fat.

Feeling pretty damn good today. Now to get those weights up a bit.

In fact I feel full of energy - chicken omelette ftw - might go stretch out and work on flexibility a bit.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Left my lunch at home this morning yet again. So went out and bought a roast chicken... and toffee yoghurt, NOM.

137g Protein. 48g Carb. 23g Fat.

Although, I just had a little blueberry vodka with tonic but couldn't really add it, so add a few to each category. And I thought the toffee yoghurt was bad.

Oh and I did some yoga to stretch out today.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had a bit of a chocolate craving today; had my eye on this chocolate and nougat bar, but decided to resist at least for a bit, until I'd had lunch and then maybe have half.

After dinner I still wanted chocolate but decided instead to drop some chocolate powder in low fat natural yoghurt so as to not over-do the sugaryness. After tasting the yogurt on its own I ended up just devouring the bowl of sour tasting dairy, sans chocolate. So much for the craving... :confused:

Need some milk, was going to walk up the shop but I might put my joggers on, haven't been for a run in a while. Also might do the circuit again tonight. Not sure how to schedule the gym this week with being off work. Must think about it though or I'll end up not going.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday went a bit to pot after I hurt my arm running up the stairs - think I jarred it a bit. Did some flexibility and stretching, looking forward to the gym tomorrow.

I'm in a fabulous mood today

Spoiler:
    Show
    9 stone 7 baby! :awesome:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Squat: bar 1x5, 30kg 5x5
    Oh press: still can't work out what's what but 20something 5x5
    Deadlift: 30kg 1x5, 40kg 2x5. First set of 40kg was a bit stop and start so repeated.

Fail attempt at chin ups. Must try harder.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cooked Steak Diane last night - will be a total miracle if I manage to maintain this week! Haha. Was worth it though, just this once.

Must get up for the gym in the morning. Early night is on the cards.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty happy. Lunch with colleague on Monday including cake, night in with friend on Tuesday including cream based sauce, popcorn and chocolate, and then day at my dad's on Wednesday involving eating snack foods like peanuts and chocolates. I did go gym twice, should have been 3 times but week's events knocked me put of routine.

Still feel like I'm getting back into lifting; feeling very tired after just 3 sets and form goes a bit to pot, like my upper back crumpled on my last rep of 4th set of squat. Not entirely sure how to approach this because it doesn't particularly feel like I'm struggling, just as though one area is letting me down. Maybe do more warm up sets to practise form and stick to 3 good working sets. Also gona hog the bar a bit more and use it for overhead presses too as I cannot judge the weight on the fixed bars.

Back to work tomorrow and hopefully back to a good gym routine. Got a few compliments from people I've not seen in a while last night :-) It's always nice to get a little motivation.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty happy. Lunch with colleague on Monday including cake, night in with friend on Tuesday including cream based sauce, popcorn and chocolate, and then day at my dad's on Wednesday involving eating snack foods like peanuts and chocolates. I did go gym twice, should have been 3 times but week's events knocked me put of routine.

Still feel like I'm getting back into lifting; feeling very tired after just 3 sets and form goes a bit to pot, like my upper back crumpled on my last rep of 4th set of squat. Not entirely sure how to approach this because it doesn't particularly feel like I'm struggling, just as though one area is letting me down. Maybe do more warm up sets to practise form and stick to 3 good working sets. Also gona hog the bar a bit more and use it for overhead presses too as I cannot judge the weight on the fixed bars.

Back to work tomorrow and hopefully back to a good gym routine. Got a few compliments from people I've not seen in a while last night :-) It's always nice to get a little motivation.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mentioned in the barbelles thread that I'm not feeling great in terms of lifting - never really feel like I'm making much progress. I know I'm probably expecting too much, too soon, but at the same time it's making me go less - twice a week, over recent weeks - because it feels like I'm wasting time and achieving very little. Usually I'm the first to argue that sticking with a strong routine is important when trying to make improvement, but then I'm wondering if adding more to a session might make me feel like it's worth going. Might even just make more of accessory lifts, which I usually do very little of.

Diet was a bit shocking over the weekend - too much beer - but on the other hand I was pretty active. Have every intention to be much stricter this week, hoping to feel a little less lethargic and a bit more motivated. The hen party I'm going to in July is definitely making me want to keep the weight off, so I'm gona bare that in mind when I feel the urge to binge.

End of today's vent.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was about to call the rest of the contest a write-off and restart after the ski trip, as my food choices have been un-controlled and I've not progressed with exercise.

However...
    I've actually lost a few ounces ( ) over the last week, so I feel a bit motivated to try to make a few better choices, and see if I can even just make a little more improvement in how I feel

Oh ffs
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've just had my 4th cake of the week plonked on my desk, oh and I'm being cooked for tonight - fajitas - AND have a wine and chocolate based 'hen do' on Saturday. Ok maybe the motivation has gone :rolleyes: Nah I'll just try not to be TOO bad. TOO MANY TEMPTATIONS
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last post of the comp - not that I've really updated this apart from telling you about cakes...

9 stone 6 :bigsmile: and really feeling like I've learnt enough to make some more steady progress through diet and specific exercise. Lots of work to do on fitness and still looking at leaning towards lifting but this is certainly not the end. Might take some measurements once I've done photos too, just so I have something measurable to show for.

Secretly - or not so - I've quite enjoyed the buzz from everyone during this contest :yep: Hehe.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Last post of the comp - not that I've really updated this apart from telling you about cakes...

9 stone 6 :bigsmile: and really feeling like I've learnt enough to make some more steady progress through diet and specific exercise. Lots of work to do on fitness and still looking at leaning towards lifting but this is certainly not the end. Might take some measurements once I've done photos too, just so I have something measurable to show for.

Secretly - or not so - I've quite enjoyed the buzz from everyone during this contest :yep: Hehe.
    I've massively enjoyed the buzz too. I think it's been great, and you've done really well! I think we've both managed to progress whilst living normal lives and not getting too stressed out about it so that's good :yy:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 3, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.