The Student Room Group

Need radio code for Renault Clio car

Don't know if any of you can help me....

My car battery was replaced a few weeks ago and I need to get round to getting/finding my 4 digit radio code to re-set it all.

I've just phoned Renault and the automated voice service said to check the inside front cover of the vehicle's maintenance schedule book.

I don't appear to have one of these. What does it look like??

Otherwise (if I can't find this particular book, and therefore code) I'm going to have to call my local Renault dealer, provide them with photographic proof of I.D. and a £15 fee to get all this sorted out and to get a new code. Total con really.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure if it applies to Renault but is there anyway for you to remove the radio? The code is on the side/rear of the radio but i've only had to do this on ford cars and as such couldn't say if the same is true for Renault/other models.
I also need the code.

And I didn't nick the radio from someone else's Clio either :rolleyes:
I'm not removing anything.

I called a local Renault dealer earlier today, he seemed a sound bloke and said he'd sort things out this Saturday morning. Didn't sound like he'd charge me anything, but he probably will as when I called Renault customer services before calling him, an automated message stated that there is a £15 admin fee to get a radio code from a local renault dealer. It does take the piss, tbh.

Anything to do with motoring takes the piss these days, e.g. petrol prices, tax disc, insurance, MOT, I could go on...
Reply 4
I had the same problem. The code is not located anywhere on the radio. Howver instead of paying renault to get me i roamed the internet and found a thread where you could upload your radios barcodes w.e on the side on the bloke came back with the radio code.
Reply 5
Original post by white_haired_wizard
I'm not removing anything.

I called a local Renault dealer earlier today, he seemed a sound bloke and said he'd sort things out this Saturday morning. Didn't sound like he'd charge me anything, but he probably will as when I called Renault customer services before calling him, an automated message stated that there is a £15 admin fee to get a radio code from a local renault dealer. It does take the piss, tbh.

Anything to do with motoring takes the piss these days, e.g. petrol prices, tax disc, insurance, MOT, I could go on...

You dont HAVE to drive?

Walk/bike!
Reply 6
Ford tried to charge my parents £100 for the code on their car, after it was supplied with the wrong code by a Ford dealer. That REALLY took the piss. Also you won't find the code on the side of a radio, it kinda defeats the point of the code in the first place!
Went to a local Renault car place, didn't have to pay a penny and the manager got the code for me and was helpful enough to put the code in for me/show me how to do it.

:cool:
Reply 9
i a problem finding my Renault Clio code
model no: 22DC278/62D
TOZ348
RN278F30427259

if anyone can help would be appreciated thank you
Reply 10
Anyone have the code for clio radio tk201 thanks
Reply 11
Anyone got the code for clio radio tk201 thanks
hi trebor1953 , my friends sells codes for 99p l have asked her for your code..

using the number you have provides from your radio box the code to get your your stereo working is

if anyone else needs a code please contact me and l will put you in touch with her.. Don't pay harsh prices to obtain codes through dealers.
Renault Radio Codes...

if you need your radio code please contact me and l will put you in touch with my friend who can provide you with your personal radio code.
Hi trebor1953

l have just provided you with the personal radio code you need taken from the security number you provided tk201.. This is your code to be entered :- 5512
Original post by Naj_vj
i a problem finding my Renault Clio code
model no: 22DC278/62D
TOZ348
RN278F30427259

if anyone can help would be appreciated thank you

Hi Naj,

if TOZ348 is the security number quoted on the side of your radio box, then your personal radio code to be entered is :- 0670
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Went to a local Renault car place, didn't have to pay a penny and the manager got the code for me and was helpful enough to put the code in for me/show me how to do it.

:cool:

you were lucky. if you got to a dealer they normally charge you £25

my friend sells them for 99p
Reply 17
Would you be able to find my code?

Model No. RENRDW100-10
TOU008
RNRD0130014227

That would be amazing, thanks!
Reply 18
Original post by babybuntin
Hi trebor1953

l have just provided you with the personal radio code you need taken from the security number you provided tk201.. This is your code to be entered :- 5512

Would you be able to find my code?

Model No. RENRDW100-10
TOU008
RNRD0130014227

That would be amazing, thanks!
Hi Clio7962.

Do you know which one of these numbers you gave is the security number from your radio box?

l am receiving a code using the last 4 digits of the RENRDW100-10 but you said that's the model number.

what I will do is provide you with the code i'm getting using that number for you to try it which is :- 3874

clio7962 if that doesn't work you will need to look again at your radio box as l need a the reading from a number on the box which should look something like this W333 - Security

Latest