The Student Room Group

NHS tuition funding

Hey all
need a little advice
I am currently in my 1st yr FT Speech therapy degree and want to apply for a PT occupational therapy degree, as it accomodates my circumstances more than doing it FT.
my question is will the NHS pay for the tuition fees a second time round for me(even though I only did 1 yr) or as I was already enrolled on an NHS course- they won't pay for it
I'm not really fussed about the bursary but there is no way I can pay for the £9000pa plus tuition fees that this govt, in its wisdom ,decreed.
Any advice/ help wld be greatly appreciated
Original post by foo_gue
Hey all
need a little advice
I am currently in my 1st yr FT Speech therapy degree and want to apply for a PT occupational therapy degree, as it accomodates my circumstances more than doing it FT.
my question is will the NHS pay for the tuition fees a second time round for me(even though I only did 1 yr) or as I was already enrolled on an NHS course- they won't pay for it
I'm not really fussed about the bursary but there is no way I can pay for the £9000pa plus tuition fees that this govt, in its wisdom ,decreed.
Any advice/ help wld be greatly appreciated

As your situation is pretty unique (not many people transfer between NHS-funded courses), you would do best to ring them up and ask. It may be that have to self-fund your first year then get your fees paid for the rest, or they may still pay it all in full.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending