University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nothing for me....:rolleyes:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
keep checking just incase! :wink:
what do you mean? when was the LAST time you checked before you find out about the offer? 'cause i doubt UCAS will have updated it right now!

i've checked - nothing!

anyway, what subjects?? are you applying post A-Level?
Reply 4
Well done, that is fantastic news!!!!
Reply 5
linguist786
what do you mean? when was the LAST time you checked before you find out about the offer? 'cause i doubt UCAS will have updated it right now!

i've checked - nothing!

anyway, what subjects?? are you applying post A-Level?

i checked at tea time and there was nothing. then i checked just before i posted this thread and there was a reply!

it's for english language with linguistics.

ive done my highers already, so that's why it's unconditional.

thanks clarence, really hope i see you at the edinburgh open day :smile:
Reply 6
hello_its_me_
Attention everyone!!! check track right this very mo coz ive just had a reply from edinburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They expect you to come twice?

I wouldn't even burden my girlfriend with such an onerous obligation.
Reply 7
yups, its for two different courses though!!! hehehe!
Received an Unconditional as well for Sociology & Politics last night! Hurray!

I've applied for accommodation now and can't wait til September!

Wheeee!
Reply 9
awesome! well done! what an amazing feeling it is, huh! bet you are glad you worked hard in 5th year! might see you at the open day then?
I got my letter through today saying i had an unconditional. Yay
hello_its_me_
i checked at tea time and there was nothing. then i checked just before i posted this thread and there was a reply!

it's for english language with linguistics.

ive done my highers already, so that's why it's unconditional.

thanks clarence, really hope i see you at the edinburgh open day :smile:

hehe how cool. really well done! i have also applied for Linguistics!! (with French though)

and i'm coming on the 8th March open day (obviously only if i get the offer!) - is that the one you're coming to?? if so, cool! see you there (if i'm not rejected!)
Reply 12
linguist786
hehe how cool. really well done! i have also applied for Linguistics!! (with French though)

and i'm coming on the 8th March open day (obviously only if i get the offer!) - is that the one you're coming to?? if so, cool! see you there (if i'm not rejected!)

there is an open day on the 8th March? I did not know about that... where did you find that out from? I got my offer about a month ago but haven't recieved anything from Edinburgh in the post. Do you know if there are any other dates?

To the OP- well done thats really great! We'll be linguists together then as I've also got an offer for linguistics! (with soc. ant.) what is the other course you got an offer for?

edit: I've just read another post and it says about the open day, I'm stupid... just panicked as I've not recieved anything in the post to tell me about it, and I'd also looked online but couldn't find anything.

xxx
Hey guys..I also checked track about half an hour ago and got an unconditional from edinburgh to study medicine...really chuffed!! :cheers:
Reply 14
linguist786

nooo! im going on the 22nd march! it's my dads fortieth so we're combining the two events and doing some celebrating in the evening!

i bet you do get an offer, i hope you do anyway!

have you noticed that the linguistics at edinburgh seems more orientated around communications and stuff compared to the likes of glasgow and aberdeen which seems to look more at foreign languages?
does that make sense? lol, im quite a good rambler!

good luck with your reply, tell me the moment you are accepted!
xxx
Reply 15
minniemouse
Hey guys..I also checked track about half an hour ago and got an unconditional from edinburgh to study medicine...really chuffed!! :cheers:

omg that is AMAZING!

well done!!!!

be proud of yourself for that, and really good luck for it! thats such good news! i didnt even think there was such a thing as unconditional for medicine, all my mates have conditions and they are super brainy!

well done, might see you at the open day too! lol!
hello_its_me_
nooo! im going on the 22nd march! it's my dads fortieth so we're combining the two events and doing some celebrating in the evening!

i bet you do get an offer, i hope you do anyway!

have you noticed that the linguistics at edinburgh seems more orientated around communications and stuff compared to the likes of glasgow and aberdeen which seems to look more at foreign languages?
does that make sense? lol, im quite a good rambler!

good luck with your reply, tell me the moment you are accepted!
xxx

uumm..how do i put this? lol - i was rejected!

just saw it a few moments ago on track

i'll get over it! i got Manchester now as my first choice. then Kings as second probably
well im post a level so ive already got all my grades.:biggrin: and nothing else to prepare for apart from hep b and CRB...i am really happy that they offered me a place although i dont know if i m gonna def go there...ill think about it..:p: and i mite see u at the open day if i get my letter and tells me everything about it!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 18
linguist786
uumm..how do i put this? lol - i was rejected!

just saw it a few moments ago on track

i'll get over it! i got Manchester now as my first choice. then Kings as second probably

nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so sorry bout that, didnt see that coming at all.

edinburgh really dont know the mistake wat they are going to miss out on.

well i guess we wont see each other at the open day then! never mind, im sure wherever you chose to go now you'll be happy

xxx
hello_its_me_
nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so sorry bout that, didnt see that coming at all.

edinburgh really dont know the mistake wat they are going to miss out on.

well i guess we wont see each other at the open day then! never mind, im sure wherever you chose to go now you'll be happy

xxx

hehe thanx. don't worry - i'm sure there's something good behind it!
and yes, Manchester is equally as awesome, and i'm sure i'll be very happy there!
i've got all my replies apart from St.Andrews now - but i don't really care about that. way hay!

Latest

Trending

Trending