The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

University of East Anglia PGCE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Heyy guys, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :biggrin:

Is anyone else doing PGCE secondary science? Biology?

Is anyone else doing a 2 week knowledge enhancement course over the summer? I'm staying over in Norwich during the enhancement course so that’s an ideal time for me to find accommodation and it would be great to meet some PGCE people to house search with during this time =}

Please facebook me: AntonyMcCaw

Look forward to meeting you all!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by amccaw
Heyy guys, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :biggrin:

Is anyone else doing PGCE secondary science? Biology?

Is anyone else doing a 2 week knowledge enhancement course over the summer? I'm staying over in Norwich during the enhancement course so that’s an ideal time for me to find accommodation and it would be great to meet some PGCE people to house search with during this time =}

Please facebook me: AntonyMcCaw

Look forward to meeting you all!

I'm currently on the biology PGCE so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Reply 62
Has anyone else applied for the CRB check yet? Also, has anyone arranged their 4 day observation placement?

I'm in the middle of MSc exams so haven't done anything about these yet! Just wondered what everyone else was up to :smile:
Reply 63
What's this 4 day observation placement??! Haven't heard anything about that thankfully.
Reply 64
Original post by rf86
What's this 4 day observation placement??! Haven't heard anything about that thankfully.

I'm doing secondary Maths, so maybe it's different if you're doing primary? I got a letter dated April 3rd 2012 and it said 'you must complete 4 days of school observation'. It's a school observation task that must be completed before the course starts, or from September 11th-14th (first week of PGCE).
Reply 65
Hello all!

I'll be on the English PGCE in September... absolutely can't wait. I studied at UEA for my UG degree and have worked for UEA in Recruitment/Outreach for the past two years - for those of you who are new to UEA I hope you love it as much as I do!

Amy x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by *Stanners*
Hello all!

I'll be on the English PGCE in September... absolutely can't wait. I studied at UEA for my UG degree and have worked for UEA in Recruitment/Outreach for the past two years - for those of you who are new to UEA I hope you love it as much as I do!

Amy x

Well done Amy! I went to UEA, graduated in 2010 :smile: now returning to do the English PGCE too! :biggrin:

Have you sorted out your school observations yet? I've taken time off work to do mine next week!
Hello.
Congrats to all!:biggrin:
I am also on the 2012/13 PGCE course, doing early years. I live in Ipswich so only about an hour or so down the road. Would be good to find others doing early years!

Nikki
Reply 68
Original post by Nikki-Middleton
Hello.
Congrats to all!:biggrin:
I am also on the 2012/13 PGCE course, doing early years. I live in Ipswich so only about an hour or so down the road. Would be good to find others doing early years!

Nikki

Hey Nikki,

Also doing early years, really really excited but also reached the panic stage reading articles on how to prepare and how hard the year is gonna be lol!

I'm just graduating from UEA and plan to stay in Norwich permanently, though I'm looking for a flat and they all start too early at the minute, so I'm having to hold back on finding somewhere to live.

I really want our reading list so I can get started!

Kim Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
Reply 69
https://www.facebook.com/UeaPgce2012

Facebook group for secondary PGCE x
Hi Kim
Yay I found someone!
Check you out looking ahead, I've not had the chance to, what sort of things have you been looking at?

Yes the hardest year ever but also the best I hope! :smile: Im so exicited to start but slightly nervous! Im going to be travelling from Ipswich so think I'll get the train just because of the nigthmare road to get to Norwich! Are you from Norwich originally?

Nik xx
Original post by kpwxx
Hey Nikki,

Also doing early years, really really excited but also reached the panic stage reading articles on how to prepare and how hard the year is gonna be lol!

I'm just graduating from UEA and plan to stay in Norwich permanently, though I'm looking for a flat and they all start too early at the minute, so I'm having to hold back on finding somewhere to live.

Kim Xxx

Hi Kim
Yay I found someone!
Check you out looking ahead, I've not had the chance to, what sort of things have you been looking at?

Yes the hardest year ever but also the best I hope! Im so exicited to start but slightly nervous! Im going to be travelling from Ipswich so think I'll get the train just because of the nigthmare road to get to Norwich! Are you from Norwich originally?

Nik xx
Hi Kim
Yay I found someone!

Yes the hardest year ever but also the best I hope! Im so exicited to start but slightly nervous! Im going to be travelling from Ipswich so think I'll get the train just because of the nigthmare road to get to Norwich! Are you from Norwich originally?

Nik xx

I've been commuting this year and at first I drove but I soon decided to get the train as it was loads easier and cost about the same.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 73
Hi Kim
Yay I found someone!

Nik xx

That sounds like a plan, aa long as the bus prices don't go up too much in Norwich! I'm from Cambridgeshire so not too far from Norwich, but I want to stay in Norwich long term anyway... Lovely city but not too far from home :smile:

I've not been doing much, just signed up to the tes website and I get their emails, the 'new teachers' section has loads of articles about preparing for pgces and the forums are a great way to see
lots of teachers opinions. They've really helped me get more clued up about stuff.

Xxx

I hope more geography teachers reply on here

foreveralone.jpg
Original post by kpwxx
Hey Nikki,

Kim Xxx

Hi, I'm doing Early Years too! Along with a friend who i met during my degree...she got into the same course! look forward to meeting everyone! :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by aleshajclarke
Hi, I'm doing Early Years too! Along with a friend who i met during my degree...she got into the same course! look forward to meeting everyone! :smile:

Hey, congrats on getting in to uea, and welcome to TSR!!!

The course is getting nearer and nearer, I'm so excited now, arranging meeting with a friend doing secondary maths at Nottingham over the summer so we can read our respective curriculums etc together. How are you preparing? I don't really know what to do other than read read read and reflect, plus buy stationary :P

Are you from the area?

Xxx

Original post by kpwxx
Hey, congrats on getting in to uea, and welcome to TSR!!!

The course is getting nearer and nearer, I'm so excited now, arranging meeting with a friend doing secondary maths at Nottingham over the summer so we can read our respective curriculums etc together. How are you preparing? I don't really know what to do other than read read read and reflect, plus buy stationary :P

Are you from the area?

Xxx

Hi. I've just finished the PGCE at UEA, are you doing secondary or primary? If you're secondary I can point you in the direction of some reading that will be useful for your first assignment.

Reply 78
Original post by myblueheaven339
Hi. I've just finished the PGCE at UEA, are you doing secondary or primary? If you're secondary I can point you in the direction of some reading that will be useful for your first assignment.

Nah, I'm Primary, but thank you for the offer- I'm sure some others on this thread will be happy to take you up on it :smile:

I am eagerly awaiting the reading list in next month.

Xxx

Reply 79
Original post by Allexy
Hi Antony!

I will be doing a 2 week Maths SKE between 2nd-12th of July and I was thinking of searching for accommodation while I'll be there.
Are you going to stay on campus for the length of the SKE course?

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra

Yeah I'm going to be there the same 2 weeks, hopefully I will see you there! I'm really keen to share accommodation with other PGCE students because we will all be in the same position :biggrin:

Antony

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending