The Student Room Group

PMP's Transformation Blog

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
lol thank you. Actually you're wrong, I did look old before. I looked frumpy and mumsy.
I remember not long after that top photo was taken, my husband told me I had let myself go.
I cried. Lots. But he was right though.

Well your husband sounds like he can be a real charmer, lol. Do you think that comment gave you a bit of a kick up the bum though?
Original post by sauce
Well your husband sounds like he can be a real charmer, lol. Do you think that comment gave you a bit of a kick up the bum though?

Well that photo was taken back in 2008, so I went on to have another child after that in 2009...so I got bigger before I got smaller lol.
I dunno, I generally felt awful about myself back then. Especially during my last pregnancy. I must have cried literally every single day during that last pregnancy because I hated my appearance so much, which sounds SOOOO shallow, but I just felt like such a horrific mess. I don't think I've ever felt quite so low in my life as I did during that time.
Not that Jason isn't worth it all, he totally is, but I knew myself that I needed to do something about myself once he was born.

My husband has a knack of putting his foot in his mouth though. Probably his most spectacular moment was when I was a heavily pregnant, and we were in the car, driving past a field of cows.
He turned to me and said "do you see that cow over there, that old grey decrepit one? That's you that is!"
Apparently I was supposed to find that funny. I burst into tears.
Reply 202
Well that photo was taken back in 2008, so I went on to have another child after that in 2009...so I got bigger before I got smaller lol.
I dunno, I generally felt awful about myself back then. Especially during my last pregnancy. I must have cried literally every single day during that last pregnancy because I hated my appearance so much, which sounds SOOOO shallow, but I just felt like such a horrific mess. I don't think I've ever felt quite so low in my life as I did during that time.
Not that Jason isn't worth it all, he totally is, but I knew myself that I needed to do something about myself once he was born.

My husband has a knack of putting his foot in his mouth though. Probably his most spectacular moment was when I was a heavily pregnant, and we were in the car, driving past a field of cows.
He turned to me and said "do you see that cow over there, that old grey decrepit one? That's you that is!"
Apparently I was supposed to find that funny. I burst into tears.

OH MY GOODNESS! You really mean it when you say he puts his foot in his mouth, bless him. I felt the same about my appearance before christmas, it was making me absolutely miserable as superficial as that is. I wasn't even pregnant though! At least you had a reason, I was just lazy and had no self control...I was going through medical stuff but I hate to use it as an excuse really!
The way you look now I'd never guess you'd given birth naturally to three huge babies at all!
Original post by sauce
OH MY GOODNESS! You really mean it when you say he puts his foot in his mouth, bless him. I felt the same about my appearance before christmas, it was making me absolutely miserable as superficial as that is. I wasn't even pregnant though! At least you had a reason, I was just lazy and had no self control...I was going through medical stuff but I hate to use it as an excuse really!
The way you look now I'd never guess you'd given birth naturally to three huge babies at all!

Well thanks I appreciate it hun *hugs*. I'm sorry you felt bad about yourself before Christmas - you're doing really well though, I hope you feel better now?

Right, had an hour long dog walk today, same yesterday.
Have eaten in the region of 1,100 calories today. Possibly a smidgen less.
10 stone 3lbs 8oz today

WOOOHOOOO I've broken the barrier!

Officially the lowest I've been since I was 17 :biggrin:
10 stone 3lbs 8oz today

WOOOHOOOO I've broken the barrier!

Officially the lowest I've been since I was 17 :biggrin:

PRSOM. Fantastic!
10 stone 4lbs 6oz this morning

let me guess, my new plateau is going to be hovering between 10st 3 and 10 st 5 I imagine. Marvellous.
same weight today as I was yesterday.

and I can't go out walking today as it's raining. Nat + rain = no
exactly the same weight again

what is WITH this plateau? I'm really not eating excessive amounts :

yesterday -

breakfast : 30g sultana bran with skimmed milk. 165 cals

lunch : chicken burrito 365 cals with some grated cheese (200 cals roughly)

dinner : special fried rice 465 cals

snack : breakaway 99 cals

total : 1,294 cals

am I doing something wrong here? Surely not, I'm hardly pigging out on tons of calories. Should I have a "more calorie" day to shake my body up a bit? I'm going out on friday so that will happen with the alcohol I suppose. I'm getting a smidgen frustrated.
i think you should up your cals a bit, maybe go to maintenance for a few days
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
i think you should up your cals a bit, maybe go to maintenance for a few days

aye well Friday's alcohol will do that I suppose. If I have an "up cal" day before Friday, that'll be two days this week, so I'm gonna hold off till Fri and see how I go.

so today I had an hour and 40 minutes walk with the dog. Total calories for the day are as follows :

breakfast : 165 ish

lunch : 447

dinner : 487

snack (which I haven't had yet) : 99

total : 1,196

I hope I have lost even half a pound by tomorrow. It would give me a glimmer of hope lol
Reply 211
Maybe you should start weighing only once a week. I know it's been suggested before but now that your weight loss is slower you are unable to see the difference each day. Weighing weekly (or even less) would stop you from realising that you plateaued for a few days, and so help keep you thinking positively.

Well done though, you've lost a lot of weight and look great.
:smile:
Reply 212
What about adding in more exercise? Looking at your routine now it seems to be the one thing that's missing.
Original post by Mini-Me
Maybe you should start weighing only once a week. I know it's been suggested before but now that your weight loss is slower you are unable to see the difference each day. Weighing weekly (or even less) would stop you from realising that you plateaued for a few days, and so help keep you thinking positively.

Well done though, you've lost a lot of weight and look great.
:smile:

maybe you're right. I'm a bit addicted though.

Original post by Becca
What about adding in more exercise? Looking at your routine now it seems to be the one thing that's missing.

you don't like the hour and 40 minute dog walk? lol.

seriously, take today for example, this was my day :

7.15am wake up. Wake up the kids, get them breakfast, dressed etc. get them to school by 8.40am

9.10am back home. Get in the shower, do my makeup, dry my hair etc.

9.45am eat breakfast, give the dog her breakfast, get the littlest one dressed and washed and so on. Do the morning washing up.

10.30am take Jason to mother-in-law's house (he goes Mondays and Tuesdays for a visit). We arrive there at around 11am.

Stay at mother-in-law's house for half an hour visit so hubby can see his mam.

Then go to tesco, do a bit of shopping. Home by 12.30pm

12.30pm have lunch, do the washing up. Tidy up a bit and quick look online

1pm-2.40pm walk the dog

head home, have a quick sit down and cup of tea, then head out at 2.55pm to pick the kids up at 3pm from school

take them to MIL's house (arrive there at 3.30pm)

have half an hour there visit with sister-in-law and her daughter

get home for 4.30pm

bit more tidying up, and few minutes online

cook and eat dinner 5pm-5.30pm
then washing up

go online for a little under an hour, then 6.30pm set off to pick up the kids

home by 7.30pm and put the kids in bed

and then after that I'm now winding down. Posting online a bit, working on my novel, and will probably watch a bit of tv with hubby before bed.

It's even more hectic during the days when the kids aren't at my mother-in-law's house (i.e. Wednesday to Sundays). I do my big house cleaning/tidying up generally at the weekends as well.

I can fit in the hour and 40 minutes dog walk a day, possibly pushing it up to 2 hours if I didn't have to go to Tesco, but I really don't think it's feasible when I have three kids to look after to get much more exercise done than that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 214
maybe you're right. I'm a bit addicted though.

you don't like the hour and 40 minute dog walk? lol.

seriously, take today for example, this was my day :

7.15am wake up. Wake up the kids, get them breakfast, dressed etc. get them to school by 8.40am

9.10am back home. Get in the shower, do my makeup, dry my hair etc.

9.45am eat breakfast, give the dog her breakfast, get the littlest one dressed and washed and so on. Do the morning washing up.

10.30am take Jason to mother-in-law's house (he goes Mondays and Tuesdays for a visit). We arrive there at around 11am.

Stay at mother-in-law's house for half an hour visit so hubby can see his mam.

Then go to tesco, do a bit of shopping. Home by 12.30pm

12.30pm have lunch, do the washing up. Tidy up a bit and quick look online

1pm-2.40pm walk the dog

head home, have a quick sit down and cup of tea, then head out at 2.55pm to pick the kids up at 3pm from school

take them to MIL's house (arrive there at 3.30pm)

have half an hour there visit with sister-in-law and her daughter

get home for 4.30pm

bit more tidying up, and few minutes online

cook and eat dinner 5pm-5.30pm
then washing up

go online for a little under an hour, then 6.30pm set off to pick up the kids

home by 7.30pm and put the kids in bed

and then after that I'm now winding down. Posting online a bit, working on my novel, and will probably watch a bit of tv with hubby before bed.

It's even more hectic during the days when the kids aren't at my mother-in-law's house (i.e. Wednesday to Sundays).

I can fit in the hour and 40 minutes dog walk a day, possibly pushing it up to 2 hours if I didn't have to go to Tesco, but I really don't think it's feasible when I have three kids to look after to get much more exercise done than that.

Lol, I know you're busy and I'm not saying go to the gym 2 hours a day, but you could do more effective forms of exercise than just walking the dog. You could fit loads of stuff into 100mins a day! You could try jogging, bodyweight circuits, cycling, swimming, badminton etc. I have a Nike Training Club app on my phone which has loads of different workouts that take like 30-40mins and it's a free app! I just thought it would be the one last major change to your routine that would help you break through this plateau. :smile:
Original post by Becca
Lol, I know you're busy and I'm not saying go to the gym 2 hours a day, but you could do more effective forms of exercise than just walking the dog. You could fit loads of stuff into 100mins a day! You could try jogging, bodyweight circuits, cycling, swimming, badminton etc. I have a Nike Training Club app on my phone which has loads of different workouts that take like 30-40mins and it's a free app! I just thought it would be the one last major change to your routine that would help you break through this plateau. :smile:

I don't understand apps lol. I have this little basic £10 phone that only has one ringtone haha. (a black one, not a pink one lol)

I do see what you're saying. I'm just not sure how I could fit anything else in really. The walking isn't just good for me you see it's good for my husband as well.

I did a few skips with Lydia's skipping rope the other day in the back garden lol. I did 60 skips, then rested for a minute, then did another 60 skips, then nearly collapsed pmsl
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 216
aye well Friday's alcohol will do that I suppose. If I have an "up cal" day before Friday, that'll be two days this week, so I'm gonna hold off till Fri and see how I go.

so today I had an hour and 40 minutes walk with the dog. Total calories for the day are as follows :

breakfast : 165 ish

lunch : 447

dinner : 487

snack (which I haven't had yet) : 99

total : 1,196

I hope I have lost even half a pound by tomorrow. It would give me a glimmer of hope lol

Well done on your achievements so far, keep it up! I was in a similar position to you (except I'm a guy), so know how great it feels to lose weight!

OH, and don't listen to tinktinktinkerbell, she has absolutely no clue what she's on about. Please, just don't. :smile:
Original post by JOR2010
Well done on your achievements so far, keep it up! I was in a similar position to you (except I'm a guy), so know how great it feels to lose weight!

OH, and don't listen to tinktinktinkerbell, she has absolutely no clue what she's on about. Please, just don't. :smile:

oh yeah cause going to maintenance never works for a plateau :rolleyes:

just ask Chrisateen, thats exactly what she did
Original post by JOR2010

thanks for the encouragement :smile:

actually I've been reading a thread on another forum (a weight loss forum) that seems to suggest that upping calories for a day can shake up the body a bit and help to get through a plateau -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/249723-help-refeed-cheat-day-good-idea-low-cal-diet-ive-plateaud.html

so maybe there's something in it.|
well either way I'm having some drinks friday night lol, so I guess it's going to happen anyway. I can't dance unless I've had a few, I feel like a plonker lol
Reply 219
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
oh yeah cause going to maintenance never works for a plateau :rolleyes:

just ask Chrisateen, thats exactly what she did

Your entire regime has been a plateau.

Quick Reply

Latest