The Student Room Group

PMP's Transformation Blog

Scroll to see replies

9 stone 11lbs 8oz today, so it's going down I guess.
same weight as yesterday.

I went out to dinner last night at my dad's house, and he made this really rich dinner with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, onions and frankfurters made in a double cream and red wine sauce, along with mashed potato mixed with carrots and topped with cheese, and cauliflower.

I'm ashamed to say I had about 3 helpings, it was yummy.

However I didn't eat much earlier in the day prior to that other than about 200 cals thereabouts. Even so I thought that dinner would have gained me a little weight, but thankfully not.

Still I'm 2lbs heavier than my lowest weight so far. This must be rectified.

I hope it doesn't rain this week - I want to get out and have some long walks.
same weight again.

I'm craving yoghurt peanuts. I'm going to have yoghurt peanuts. I don't expect to lose any weight by eating yoghurt peanuts, but I'm skipping a meal to account for the calories in them.

I don't care whether skipping a meal in order to eat yoghurt peanuts is wrong, evil, or altogether thoroughly terrible, as you only live once, and when I get to be an old woman I might not even be able to eat peanuts anyway if I have false teeth (now isn't that just the BEST excuse to eat them now? haha)

Hopefully I'll just maintain rather than put on.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
same weight again.

I'm craving yoghurt peanuts. I'm going to have yoghurt peanuts. I don't expect to lose any weight by eating yoghurt peanuts, but I'm skipping a meal to account for the calories in them.

I don't care whether skipping a meal in order to eat yoghurt peanuts is wrong, evil, or altogether thoroughly terrible, as you only live once, and when I get to be an old woman I might not even be able to eat peanuts anyway if I have false teeth (now isn't that just the BEST excuse to eat them now? haha)

Hopefully I'll just maintain rather than put on.

On the whole, you have done, and ARE doing, SO well. You know that weightloss isn't about what you do every 5 minutes, it's the big changes you make that lead to net/ overall progress. Don't fret about a few yoghurt peanuts - it's not a sugar-laden butter based pastry two or three times a day, it's a small handful of nuts with some sugary dairy. So long as these aren't all you eat everyday they won't be a problem and with the right combination they'll add to the nutrition you need. Look at the whole picture, your habits are generally good, little fluctuations either way aren't going to make or break you :smile:

You know what you're doing; you've proved that, worry less, try to weight less (there's too much that changes from one day to another for weighing everyday to be a good guide) and stick to good habits, you don't need a strictly low calorie plan :smile:

I can't imagine how hard it is to do this with having one other person to think about, let alone kids as well, but you're doing it and looking fab. I hope you feel it too. It's easy to get lost and feel that 2 lbs has made a massive difference - how big does that feel once you're at your lowest ever weight??!! - but you need to remember how insignificant that is in comparison to what you've done. Sorry to ramble, but we look at you and admire your progress. You should do the same :yep:
Thank you hun, I do really appreciate your post *big hugs* xxx

Right, well I'm still hovering around the 9 stone 10lbs - 9 stone 12lbs (this morning 9 stone 11lbs 6oz). I don't seem to be shifting from this weight really. I've seen the 9 stone 9lbs mark once and promptly lost it again.

I dunno whether I'm all that bothered any more actually. DH thinks I should try and lose another stone, but I'm honestly not going to cry if I don't.

this is what I look like at the moment (excuse the horrible stomach)

I'm a good 9lbs shy of hitting overweight again.

I'm honestly wondering how much weight will be removed once I have my stomach surgery. After all, if they're going to take away some of my stomach, then it stands to reason that a few pounds will be lost as well I should imagine? Course I have a year and a half to wait until then, but still.

I've bought clothes to take on holiday in September, all at size 10 (which is what I am now). If I drop to size 8 then they'll be too big for me haha.

I dunno, I wouldn't mind some perspective on this, do you agree with my husband that I should try and lose about another stone or so (so just a couple of pounds under 9 stone), or do you think I'm probably alright as I am here? I'm beginning to think I can't be arsed stressing about losing weight any more, and that I should just settle for maintaining without worrying about it (and if I DO lose a bit, then it's a bonus).

I dunno, I wouldn't mind some perspective on this, do you agree with my husband that I should try and lose about another stone or so (so just a couple of pounds under 9 stone), or do you think I'm probably alright as I am here? I'm beginning to think I can't be arsed stressing about losing weight any more, and that I should just settle for maintaining without worrying about it (and if I DO lose a bit, then it's a bonus).

I think you look great. More importantly, I think you need to do what's right for you - which means ignoring anyone else who tells you 'you should try' to do anything. If you feel happy and healthy then that's all that matters - and AFAIC it's the duty of those who care for you to support you in those decisions, not to make you feel bad about it.

I think you look great, and as you say your surgery will get rid of a little bit of weight, but if you feel you could lose a little more then that's entirely up to you. I think you're being influenced by your stomach, and are forgetting that actually the rest of your body looks amazing right now! Don't tell yourself that you need to lose a stone, just go slowly and see how you feel- you'll know when it's right to stop.
Seriously PMP you look awesome! Do what you're happy with, you're a normal BMI now and you can do whatever you like with your body!
You look lovely.

You're a healthy weight and have healthy habits. Keep up any fitness so that you maintain a good feeling :smile: I've said it before but I'll repeat it for emphasis: You're a woman who has had kids and has a family to consider when eating, I'm majorly impressed at how great you look and if I can manage anything close to that I'll be happy.
thanks ladies. I guess I'm going to just see how it goes then. If I don't lose any more, I am not going to start going all out on rabbit-food to push myself. On the other hand I'm not going to start eating more than usual either. I'm just going to stick to what I'm doing, and having my walks, and if I lose more, then great, even if it's slow. If I find that I'm just maintaining then I'm not going to be horribly disappointed I suppose.

As long as I don't go back up to 10 stone, I think I'm okay. 9 stone something-or-other is fine.

I'll update this blog if something else happens - say I lose weight unexpectedly or something lol.

Quick Reply

Latest