The Student Room Group

Hot girls will always have more friends than ugly girls

What do you think? I'm not saying this as a question, I'm saying this from my experiences so it's an highly opinionated statement coming from me.

Sorry, I couldn't think of a substitute for ugly (perhaps less good looking)

I think this is more or less true.

Guys will want to talk to them because their hot and most of them want to get into her pants.

Others girls will want to look/be cool and so hang out with them and be their BFF :rolleyes:

I think sometimes, they also get more favour than others e.g certain job markets

Guys, when you see/know a hot girl, what makes you hang around her more? Her personality or her looks? Or other?

Girls, same question as above ^^

Also, I've noticed that some girl's on here put their own image on TSR for everyone to see. I have no problem with that but if the girl is hot/good looking, she will have loads of friends and many desperate guys guys and girls will post on her wall and be all lovey-dovey sweety with them.
I won't bait out anyone but you know who you are.

Seriously, have a look for yourself if you don't believe me :colonhash:

Scroll to see replies

Hey I've been thinking the same thing! It's called 'lookism' and it's a really interesting topic imo, ive started a couple of threads about it around tsr. I mean its so messed up that because of society people get judged on their looks, from jobs to friends.

Why do you think we have this obsession in today's society??
Reply 2
It is true, largely due to the halo effect. People are always drawn to those with pretty, symmetrical faces and good figures.
Reply 3
I would have said homely instead of ugly, but ugly is more accurate.
Yeah possibly, but would you want these kind of 'friends' around?
I know many 'good looking' girls who are really quite shy and have few friends actually.

But yes, if there were 2 girls with the exact same personality but one was better looking, the better looking girl would have more friends.

But if there was one friendly, 'average' looking girl and one very shy 'hot' girl, the average girl would definitely have more friends.

And this also brings the issue of confidence. Some girls (and boys) come across as a lot more attractive than they really are. It's because they are highly self-confident and almost dress and 'come across' as attractive...if that makes sense. I always remember in school, you'd look at some of the confident 'good looking' girls and I remember thinking how average they actually looked, but because they acted so confident, it almost tricks your mind.

It's almost a chicken and the egg issue.
Reply 6
Hot girls attract lots of hot guys. Not as hot girls want to be around said guys and so want to become friends with hot girls. So based on tween and teen interests, yeah. Much less so once people get older though.
I try to affiliate myself with down to earth people who are nice and enjoyable to be around. I'm not socially oppressed into choosing my friends based solely on looks/social status.
Reply 8
Original post by EffieFlowers
And this also brings the issue of confidence. Some girls (and boys) come across as a lot more attractive than they really are. It's because they are highly self-confident and almost dress and 'come across' as attractive...if that makes sense. I always remember in school, you'd look at some of the confident 'good looking' girls and I remember thinking how average they actually looked, but because they acted so confident, it almost tricks your mind.

This pretty much said what I was gonna say but in better words
Reply 9
It's the way da world worlds basically innit, fit gals Wil always b more popular bcoz guys are horny nd wnna b around em yh
Original post by Pink Gravy
What do you think? I'm not saying this as a question, I'm saying this from my experiences so it's an highly opinionated statement coming from me.

Sorry, I couldn't think of a substitute for ugly (perhaps less good looking)

I think this is more or less true.

Guys will want to talk to them because their hot and most of them want to get into her pants.

Others girls will want to look/be cool and so hang out with them and be their BFF :rolleyes:

I think sometimes, they also get more favour than others e.g certain job markets

Guys, when you see/know a hot girl, what makes you hang around her more? Her personality or her looks? Or other?

Girls, same question as above ^^

Also, I've noticed that some girl's on here put their own image on TSR for everyone to see. I have no problem with that but if the girl is hot/good looking, she will have loads of friends and many desperate guys guys and girls will post on her wall and be all lovey-dovey sweety with them.
I won't bait out anyone but you know who you are.

Seriously, have a look for yourself if you don't believe me :colonhash:

I think good looking girls have more guy friends but I think ugly girls have more female friends. Lots of girls feel threatened by attractive women and so will instantly dislike her, and the average and below average looking girls will unite in this.

Thats my experience anyway.
Exactly right 100%, who wants to hang around with uggos?
Well girls who know they are better looking will be more confident and be able to find friends and guys to gawp at them.

The 'ugly'-less obviously attractive girls with lower confidence will usually find niches amongst themselves-exactly what I did at school/college. Anyone else in the 'weird misfit' group at school? :h:

There are of course the cute attractive girls who are less confident and shy who will have less friends than the confident (often bitchy) hot girl but will still have friends and guy friends.

It's all about looks and status when you're young, when you get older that **** seems to mean less over time. :h:

Also many girls and guys seem to blossom in later years so if any of you think you are a lesser person because of the more popular kids don't worry we all seem to grow out of that fat, spotty, awkward phase. Some of the transformations I've seen in people have been immense.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Not really, I wouldn't want to hang around with a good looking girl if she was a bitch. I think personality is a much bigger factor for me when making friends then looks are. And confidence has a big role in this too.
Pretty girls are also more likely to be confident instead of insecure, so they're more likely to talk to strangers and make friendships. If you're insecure, you'll avoid other people, which obviously stops you making a lot of friends.
I have quite a lot of TSR people add me and/or message me even though I don't have any photos uploaded :smug:

But yeah, I do agree with you that many people seem to be nicer to better looking people without regarding personality much, such is a sad fact of life.
Original post by KJane
Not really, I wouldn't want to hang around with a good looking girl if she was a bitch. I think personality is a much bigger factor for me when making friends then looks are. And confidence has a big role in this too.

yeah but your talking about how you would approach them, the OP is making a point and stating it that it would be hard to make friends from their point of view(because they lack the confidence as a result of their looks)
People sucking up to them just because they aspire to be like them aren't classed as friends, you can be sweet to someone without being a friend, however friendship is a two way thing.
Reply 18
id you are looking for superficial friends than yes. but I haven´t because I am very picky with friends. I have a kind of ranking. I have people I know and greet or talk to at university, friends and close friends. I have less than 5 close friends I really trust.

and if you are good looking alspo imples you are stupid or superficial and only caring about looks, which isn´t true but people think like that if they dn´t know better, which makes it harder to find close friends.
Reply 19
To quote the once esteemed comedy sitcom...

"The hotter the girl the lonelier she is cause most guys are too scared to talk to her."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending