Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Try MaxiRAW for Free - 2 free samples

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    I got 3 as well! The 2 isolates I asked for, plus a raspberry ripple concentrate. Question: would they be suitable as sort of meal-replacement shakes if I make them up with milk? Obviously would only be one meal a day. (I'm trying to lose fat while maintaining muscle)
    Yep that's the idea really, supplementing it where you are lacking protein

if you're having it as a meal, you might want to have a handful of nuts or some fruit alongside
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get three

My opinion on the choc-orange with 200ml of milk:

It tastes nice, and mixed far better than the myprotein whey I have. I would have liked the flavour to be a little stronger but it is definitely pleasant so can't complain. The orange, for me, was in the aftertaste.

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried the raspberry ripple one this morning - I found it a bit sickly sweet, but then I'm not a huge fan of shake type drinks anyway (Never tried a protein shake before)

I think I'll try mixing the chocolate orange one in with porridge instead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
    I tried the raspberry ripple one this morning - I found it a bit sickly sweet, but then I'm not a huge fan of shake type drinks anyway (Never tried a protein shake before)

I think I'll try mixing the chocolate orange one in with porridge instead.
    protein, oats and milk is a lovely breakfast, just remember to wash the bowl straight away because the leftovers set like concrete!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    I got 3 as well! The 2 isolates I asked for, plus a raspberry ripple concentrate. Question: would they be suitable as sort of meal-replacement shakes if I make them up with milk? Obviously would only be one meal a day. (I'm trying to lose fat while maintaining muscle)
    Ideally you'd want to be having casein if you were using it as a meal replacement. Keeps you fuller for longer, and the protein is absorbed over a longer time frame.

Whey won't really fill you up for long.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for mine :moon:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Still waiting for mine :moon:
    Me too. Unless one of my housemates has stolen it. Wouldn't put it past them. They eat everything that isn't nailed down
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    Me too. Unless one of my housemates has stolen it. Wouldn't put it past them. They eat everything that isn't nailed down
    Ah mine just came , did you order before they started sending them out?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Ah mine just came , did you order before they started sending them out?
    Yep. I'm not at home though, so maybe mine has arrived since I left for work this morning I have to go run some errands for work that take me past home... maybe I could nip in and see :awesome:
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just made the choc with 150 water.

Surprisingly pleasant as when made with water they usually make me feel sick.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got mine through this morning, THANK YOU you're brilliant :-).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Just made the choc with 150 water.

Surprisingly pleasant as when made with water they usually make me feel sick.
    Glad you're a fan. Cheers for the feedback.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got mine through today, will be trying them Sunday and Monday after rugby then will leave my opinion.
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Got mine just now through the post. A tad disappointed as I requested one chocolate orange, and one chocolate, but I ended up with two chocolate. I suppose I shouldn't grumble though as they were free but had been looking forward to trying the choc orange one.
    Well thank you anyway, I appreciate the samples.

That could explain why i had an extra choc orange. I would offer to send it on but it's the one i have already consumed...

Totally considering buying the 2*2.5kg deal on the precision range for £50 with choc and choc orange. Think i even get an extra shaker and tshirt and stuff for spending £50 and it's a few quid cheaper than myprotein and i get 2 flavours.

Also, not sure if it's because the myprotein stuff i have is old but the maxiraw stuff mixed a lot easier and was a lot smoother...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    That could explain why i had an extra choc orange. I would offer to send it on but it's the one i have already consumed...
    lol thanks for the thought. Maxiraw is kindly supplying me with some choc orange ones so I'm good
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the prices are very good and the products are from a reputed manufacturer. My problem is the limited range. Even basics like Dextrose and L Glutamine aren't stocked on their own, but included in 'blends', which don't let you control the quantities. Could you look into this? It would make my far more likely to order from you.
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)

Totally considering buying the 2*2.5kg deal on the precision range for £50 with choc and choc orange. Think i even get an extra shaker and tshirt and stuff for spending £50 and it's a few quid cheaper than myprotein and i get 2 flavours.

Also, not sure if it's because the myprotein stuff i have is old but the maxiraw stuff mixed a lot easier and was a lot smoother...
    I'm tempted as well, mainly because I'm sick of strawberry :L
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    West Wing - I think its because they are a very new company, as time goes on there will be a lot more.

I remember back when MP was starting, they had hardly anything too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well here's my take on the WPC intensity. I got the strawberry flavour, so I can compare it with the one from myprotein who I see as the nearest competitor. MaxiRaw mixed wayyyy better, a lot easier and smoother to drink! The taste was very different, MaxiRaw tased a little sweeter, almost like strawberry millions! Overall it was easy to mix and drink and the price at which you can get it is decent.

Not only that but I went and put 30kg on my bench press straight after (lol joke). Thanks for the samples Terry! Would recommend.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had the raspberry ripple WPC precision - it was okay, didn't like it enough to persuade me to buy it. I did like the choc orange though

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 13, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.