The Student Room Group

What do you want to know about Cambridge?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
guys, have you all already receive your decisions from cambridge?

i really start worrying now :'(
Original post by sun92

Everyone will receive their decisions at different times. Don't worry about it. The people in charge of your application are probably just being slow because Christmas has only just gone.
Reply 382
Original post by generalebriety
Everyone will receive their decisions at different times. Don't worry about it. The people in charge of your application are probably just being slow because Christmas has only just gone.

okay thanks

but i though the send the letter all on the 4th........ so....

i going crazy

and do you know whether you can apply if you are studying at another university? not transfer but just for the first year
Original post by ben-smith
Is there a blues scene in Cambridge?

Christ's does "blues night" :wink:
Reply 384
Original post by sun92

Where do you live? I live in Canada, and I got my letter in the post Friday.
Reply 385
Original post by Kobie
queens', pembroke, homerton, christs (well it was last term, i'm not sure if that's always the case), clare- plenty of the middle-sized mixed colleges, definitely not johns/trinity/kings/girls colleges/mature colleges

less exciting than and considerably inferior to newnham.

nah, the girls i've met from there are all lovely, it's basically so 'new' that it hasn't had time to acquire the kickass feminist lesbian slut girls' college rep that newn has- so it's a tad more chilled out, less aggressively sociable and less likely to attract sharks than newnham!

Oh right, thanks.
How do you generally know people from other colleges btw? Don't people usually go back to do their work after lectures? Even so, how about outside of lectures? (besides those swaps I've ben hearing about on here) This is a bit of a stupid question, but do the students at further out colleges - Murray Edwards in particular - ever feel a bit left out or anything then :/

Also, don't know who negged you..rep you when I can :smile:

Thanks again :smile:
Reply 386
Original post by -raisa
Where do you live? I live in Canada, and I got my letter in the post Friday.

and? got an offer? which college?

i live in the netherlands so it should be okay

but it did take ages to get the invitation letter

did they emailed you as well?

i don't know, it just don't feel right..... (not that i expect to get in but i think i still have this little hope)
Original post by Kay94
Oh right, thanks.
How do you generally know people from other colleges btw? Don't people usually go back to do their work after lectures? Even so, how about outside of lectures? (besides those swaps I've ben hearing about on here) This is a bit of a stupid question, but do the students at further out colleges - Murray Edwards in particular - ever feel a bit left out or anything then :/

Also, don't know who negged you..rep you when I can :smile:

Thanks again :smile:

Uni-wide societies are a good way to meet people from other colleges. Lectures and supervisions with people from other colleges.

Murray Edwards tends to team up with Fitz and Churchill from what I know :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by sun92
and? got an offer? which college?

i live in the netherlands so it should be okay

but it did take ages to get the invitation letter

did they emailed you as well?

i don't know, it just don't feel right..... (not that i expect to get in but i think i still have this little hope)

Yes I got an offer, from King's. They sent me an email on Thursday so I knew before I got the offer.

Which college did you apply to?
Original post by Sadsnail
Can we get online shopping delivered to our college (clothes etc) ha :colondollar:

:yep: even better than at home because the porters will always be there to take your packages.
Reply 390
Original post by -raisa
Yes I got an offer, from King's. They sent me an email on Thursday so I knew before I got the offer.

Which college did you apply to?

Congratulations!!!

i applied to magdalene

my mum really wanted me to apply for king's but i didn't

i kind of regret it when i found out that it is a big beautiful castle

haha
Original post by gethsemane342
Christ's does "blues night" :wink:

Excellent. It seems I chose the right college:smile:

Is it any good?
Why is it better than Oxford? Like, in the league tables.
Reply 393
Original post by sun92
Congratulations!!!

i applied to magdalene

my mum really wanted me to apply for king's but i didn't

i kind of regret it when i found out that it is a big beautiful castle

haha

Thank you! haha King's is beautiful; definitely the prettiest college :wink:

Good luck & I hope you get an offer too!
Reply 394
Original post by -raisa
Thank you! haha King's is beautiful; definitely the prettiest college :wink:

Good luck & I hope you get an offer too!

thanks

i hope so too, not that i deserved it as much as the others but still, that would be fantastic

which subject to do?
Reply 395
Original post by Sapientia
Why is it better than Oxford? Like, in the league tables.

well, the league table isn't everything and they always change so it doesn't really matter does it??
Original post by confusedllama
Hi,
I'm in the Girton choir and really love it. It's not too much of a commitment: one long rehearsal on Wednesday 6-8.30 with break for food in the middle plus a rehearsal and service on Sunday 4-6.30ish (and you get free dinner and sherry afterwards), as well as some odd evensongs and services for college events. There are three people in my year doing physnatsci in the choir and they seem to manage.

Also, I joined the choir after I got here - you can audition for a choral exhibition in November and I got some kind of bursary for singing lessons (and my sightreading's ok but not brilliant). Plus there's lots of other musical stuff going on at Girton. Choral scholarships could be more stressful as you have less idea of where you're going to end up if you apply to loads of colleges, and you have to apply earlier, which is why I didn't apply. But go for it if you want.
Hope this helps

Thank you so much for your help! I think it would be more sensible to audition afterward. Do they do musical theatre stuff?? :biggrin:
A
Reply 397
Original post by Onee-chan
Do you also happen to know the accomodation prices for Caius? :colondollar:

Nope, you'll need to talk to someone at that college. Sorry!
Reply 398
Original post by sun92
thanks

i hope so too, not that i deserved it as much as the others but still, that would be fantastic

which subject to do?

I'll be doing MML: French and ab initio German :smile:

which subject did you apply for?
Reply 399
Is it true that Fez is closing down?

What will those of an alternative persuasion do now that Kambar is shut?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending