The Student Room Group

Audiology Applicants 2012

Hi everyone,

just thought i'd start this thread for the people who are applying for Audiology this year... i'm also applying so if anyone has any questions regarding this topic, ucas or universities, i'll try and help as much as i can :smile:

so to start it off, how is everyones ucas going? i sent mine off not too long ago.. has anyone had any replies yet? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It seems that there aren't many folks interested in Audiology here? I have received an offer for the postgraduate Audiology programme at QMU. Still thinking if I should accept the offer. Are you applying for undergraduate programmes?'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by tam4949
It seems that there aren't many folks interested in Audiology here? I have received an offer for the postgraduate Audiology programme at QMU. Still thinking if I should accept the offer. Are you applying for undergraduate programmes?'

yh im also applying for the undergraduate course, ive applied at manchester, leeds and de montfort, av had no replies from any of them yet, so just waitin now... is audiology your first choice? where else hav u applied?
Reply 3
Original post by Malsa
yh im also applying for the undergraduate course, ive applied at manchester, leeds and de montfort, av had no replies from any of them yet, so just waitin now... is audiology your first choice? where else hav u applied?

I am a linguistics graduate so I applied for the postgraduate course at QMU and already got admitted. I applied to some other linguistics related Master's degrees and was offered a place at Edinburgh University and Durham University as well...deciding which one to accept now.
Audiology is my first priority indeed, but I am a bit puzzled by the work prospect in the UK owing to the ongoing changes of registration issues.
Reply 4
Yeah, everything seems to be changing at the moment. I'm a current BSc student. I think BSc's will be fine with either degree audiology/healthcare science (audiology), but really not sure what's happening with the MSc. Thought about audiological scientist thing? It's part of STP by NHS.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I applied to Manchester, Southampton, Leeds for Audiology bsc undergraduate programme.

I got an offer from southampton already, Interview for Manchester on Feb 21st and leeds haven't got back to me.

Im studying Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics predicted AAA for Alevel.

What subject are you guys studying and what are your predicted grades?

Can anyone help with audiology interview questions?

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by saif3399
I applied to Manchester, Southampton, Leeds for Audiology bsc undergraduate programme.

I got an offer from southampton already, Interview for Manchester on Feb 21st and leeds haven't got back to me.

Im studying Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics predicted AAA for Alevel.

What subject are you guys studying and what are your predicted grades?

Can anyone help with audiology interview questions?

Thanks

Hey, ive also applied at leeds and manchester, havnt had a reply from leeds, but got a interview at manchester in march.. you sound really clever lol, am only studying biology as a science subject alongside english languge and business .. let me know how your interview goes, not looking forward to mine.. good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Malsa

Original post by Malsa
Hey, ive also applied at leeds and manchester, havnt had a reply from leeds, but got a interview at manchester in march.. you sound really clever lol, am only studying biology as a science subject alongside english languge and business .. let me know how your interview goes, not looking forward to mine.. good luck :smile:

What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
I'm kind of scared for my interview lol and how comes you didn't apply to Southampton university for audiology?
Isn't Southampton suppose to be the best university for audiology?
Reply 8
I'm kind of scared for my interview lol and how comes you didn't apply to Southampton university for audiology?

Manc and Leeds are both really good too, and also are great Russell Group unis as a whole, but I'm pretty certain Soton is by far the most well recognised for audiology. The ISVR has been really influential on the field for many, many years. Tbh, it won't really make much difference where you go at BSc level, but the ISVR is internationally known for audiology, in terms of producing audiologists but also producing and having scientists there who have helped progress within the field.
Reply 9

am predicted AAB, but atm its looking very doubtful am going achieve them lol :L yeah southampton is meant to be the best for audiology, but honestly i dont wanna move too far from home. Manchesters meant to be one of the best for allied health professions in general and leeds is very close to home, so its either going to be one of them. whats your first choice?
Hi!
I've applied for Audiology at Southampton, Manchester, Leeds, De Montfort and for physiological sciences at Sunderland.
I've already had my interview at Manchester and got an offer :smile: an offer from DeMontfort but rejections from Leeds and Southampton though. Just waiting on Sunderland.
The interviews at Manchester are fine by the way, quite relaxed! Just make sure you have ideas for 'why audiology?' and 'why Manchester?'
Reply 11
Original post by rosiegoddard
Hi!
I've applied for Audiology at Southampton, Manchester, Leeds, De Montfort and for physiological sciences at Sunderland.
I've already had my interview at Manchester and got an offer :smile: an offer from DeMontfort but rejections from Leeds and Southampton though. Just waiting on Sunderland.
The interviews at Manchester are fine by the way, quite relaxed! Just make sure you have ideas for 'why audiology?' and 'why Manchester?'

hey, ive got an interview at manchester in march, could you possibly give me any pointers on what they ask you? or like what specific audiology questions they ask you?. ive also applied at leeds and demontfort, ive got an offer from leeds, still waiting for a reply from demontfort tho. if you dont mind me asking whats your first choice? :smile:
Reply 12
Hi
I am Currently Studying Healthcare Science, Cardio/Resp+Sleep Physiology at Manchester Met University.

I Did my Work Placement In the Cardiology Department at MRI hospital for a week in January.

I originally Wanted to Do Audiology Before i started this course, but i was 20 Ucas Points Short.. SO Manch Met was my second Choice.

After doing My placement, i realised that Cardiology or resp Physio is Not for me, so i am wanting to Apply For Audiology.

I have been emailing University Of Sunderland and i meet the entry requiremnts.

I have been going through all these student rooms, and hardly anybody seems to be applying to Sunderland ?

It isn't under healthcare Science, but under Physiological Science. Just wondering why it isnt under healthcare Science, and why is Hardly anybody applying to this Uni?

Reply 13
Original post by shuaib_123
Hi
I am Currently Studying Healthcare Science, Cardio/Resp+Sleep Physiology at Manchester Met University.

I Did my Work Placement In the Cardiology Department at MRI hospital for a week in January.

I originally Wanted to Do Audiology Before i started this course, but i was 20 Ucas Points Short.. SO Manch Met was my second Choice.

After doing My placement, i realised that Cardiology or resp Physio is Not for me, so i am wanting to Apply For Audiology.

I have been emailing University Of Sunderland and i meet the entry requiremnts.

I have been going through all these student rooms, and hardly anybody seems to be applying to Sunderland ?

It isn't under healthcare Science, but under Physiological Science. Just wondering why it isnt under healthcare Science, and why is Hardly anybody applying to this Uni?

Honestly it would be easiest if you asked Sunderland, everything seems to be different around the country, though healthcare science is where all unis are heading. Maybe it's because Sunderland is a 'new' and not very well respected uni-I know TSR is usually a bit biased against newer unis? I'm really not sure. But it's weird being at Soton and looking at the grades here comparing to the same course at Sunderland that requires 2 A-Levels...what was your original 1st choice by the way?
Reply 14
Hi
Thanks for the fast reply..

I originally Applied at De Montford University and University Of Manchester, But i didnt Meet the Grades. I Got 260, But i think they were asking For 280. PLUS i didnt Do A -levels, i did a BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science, which covered Physics/Bio/Chem/Statistics. equivlnt to 3 Alevels.
:smile:

I really want to find out more info about Uni of Sundrlnd... It looks like it is my only choice as i really really would love to do audiology !
:confused:
Reply 15
Original post by shuaib_123
Hi
Thanks for the fast reply..

I originally Applied at De Montford University and University Of Manchester, But i didnt Meet the Grades. I Got 260, But i think they were asking For 280. PLUS i didnt Do A -levels, i did a BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science, which covered Physics/Bio/Chem/Statistics. equivlnt to 3 Alevels.
:smile:

I really want to find out more info about Uni of Sundrlnd... It looks like it is my only choice as i really really would love to do audiology !
:confused:

Hmmm...ok, I'd definitely email the department directly ASAP and explain the situation :smile:
Reply 16
Hey guys,

Just wondering has anyone applied for MSc Audiology in Southampton or Manchester? Or is anyone going for the NHS Clinical Scientist programme? I have been accepted to Soton and Manchester and just wondering does anyone know if either one has a better reputation? Any info appreciated! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Malsa

hi,
i am a new user her, sorry if i am not posting the right way... i read that you had an interview at the manchester uni... can i kindly ask what kind of questions do they ask..i have an interview and really reallly need some help.please reply as soon as u can pleaseee. thanks in advance..:smile:
Original post by urwa123
hi,
i am a new user her, sorry if i am not posting the right way... i read that you had an interview at the manchester uni... can i kindly ask what kind of questions do they ask..i have an interview and really reallly need some help.please reply as soon as u can pleaseee. thanks in advance..:smile:

hiii i just read that you have an interview at manchester? did you apply as a late candidate? i only just applied last week for audiology at manchester and i'm just wondering if you applied after the january deadline too?

Reply 19
hi..
i applied in extra... got a place at manchester for audiology..i am sooo excited..
did u apply in extra?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending