The Student Room Group

2 Rejections after Inteview - SUCKS

Hello

So i have got 2 rejections now after interview.

I dont know what i am doing wrong in the interviews as i am good enough to get an interview but keep on "failing" at the interview.

Any advice? Are there any courses and stuff people go to?

I feel like they reject you because they dont like you as a person.

SUCKS EH....

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by abc123123
Hello

So i have got 2 rejections now after interview.

I dont know what i am doing wrong in the interviews as i am good enough to get an interview but keep on "failing" at the interview.

Any advice? Are there any courses and stuff people go to?

I feel like they reject you because they dont like you as a person.

SUCKS EH....

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Which Universities?
Reply 2
Work on showing off your personality. If you come across as a nice person, who isn't afraid of talking to grown ups, speak properly and don't mumble, show a little interest in medicine you should be OK.

What do you think is stopping you? Is it the talking bit? Is it the medical knowledge bit? Is is stumbling at the 'what can you offer this med school' block?
Really sorry to hear that. I haven't been on their interview training sessions, but I've been to other events this organisation ran and they were fantastic:

http://www.drprep.net/

As you will see from the website they give you an hour one on one (which is a very long time!) and they record it which I think is the best bit. You can see for yourself what your body language, tone of voice etc are like.

I'd also recommend - http://www.tasteofmedicine.com/

There's a specific section on interviews where they play you short clips of interviews, get you to mark them from a list of criteria, then compares the marks you gave them with the marks George's admissions staff gave them. Short, but very interesting to see exactly what criteria George's use (it will be pretty similar for other universities too).

Don't be afraid to ask the med schools where you applied for feedback - a friend did this with Cambridge and they found it extremely useful.

My own personal tip though is enthusiasm - as well as assessing whether you're bright enough for a course like medicine, admissions staff are looking for someone they will enjoy to teach. Simple things like having a warm, friendly expression and an upbeat tone of voice sound really patronising but make a huge difference to how you come across. As myyrh asked, which universities did you apply to? Undergrad or grad? Sorry again but hope this helped a bit.
I assume you have already done this - but make sure you ask for feedback!
I think practice will definitely help, look up questions online and think about how you will answer them. Also make sure you know the course well and ask questions at the end to show interest. Also research recent news things like nhs reforms and ethical issues like Euthanasia. Smile alot be enthusiatic and you'll be fine.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending