The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

studying management at manchester uni, pros,cons,what is the teaching like?

heya, would just like any advice on what the teaching on management (international business economics) is like in the university of manchester, what the lectures and lecturers are like and if you would reccomend the course. :confused:
have applied for this course and got a conditional offer, just wanted to find out a bit more before i decide where to go
Reply 1
Hey, I've got an offer for Management aswell. But the MSc course.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I am kinda worried and need help as I feel that I might get rejected from Manchester Uni which is my firm choice. I have exceeded the A-levels they wanted which was ABB -BBB and I have a BETEC Extended Diploma DD*D* and German A-level grade A. I am worried about my Maths GCSE which is grade C and they wanted a B (one of their condition is me getting a B), which is why I have resit my maths this year. My questions is would they reject me if I get another C in maths though I have higher A-level grades than they expect?

What I am going to hopefully study- Business /Management and Chinese Studies.
Reply 3
Original post by worried01
I am kinda worried and need help as I feel that I might get rejected from Manchester Uni which is my firm choice. I have exceeded the A-levels they wanted which was ABB -BBB and I have a BETEC Extended Diploma DD*D* and German A-level grade A. I am worried about my Maths GCSE which is grade C and they wanted a B (one of their condition is me getting a B), which is why I have resit my maths this year. My questions is would they reject me if I get another C in maths though I have higher A-level grades than they expect?

From what I know, its best to call the university for clarification. But judging from your marks, you should have no problem getting in. hmmm, why chinese studies?
Reply 4
Thank you I'm more relived now , for why Chinese I love learning new languages as well as new cultures. It might be because I am trilingual as I speak German, Somali, English and a bit Korean. Should I contact them before I get my GCSE results or after?
Reply 5

Was the course you applied for Modern Language and Business and Management (Chinese)?
Reply 6
yes that is me lol
Hi, what are the job prospects like? I'm at aston atm but got accepted into manchester for management (accounting & finance). Is it worth the extra fees?
Reply 8
Thank you I'm more relived now , for why Chinese I love learning new languages as well as new cultures. It might be because I am trilingual as I speak German, Somali, English and a bit Korean. Should I contact them before I get my GCSE results or after?

Its best to call asap if I were you. :smile: WOW that's an interesting mix of languages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending