New Girl

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've watched it online since it began airing in the US. I wanted to like it so badly due to my ridiculous girl-crush on Zooey Deschanel, but I just can't like it. Bits and pieces are good, but on the whole it's just disappointingly generic.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was the first episode so I'm not making any judgments on the series but I hope it gets better as this was a bit meh
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I liked it, personally. It wasn't the best piece of cinema I've ever come across, but it was fun to watch. Also, Zooey Deschanel is like the perfect woman. Jus' sayin'.

Plus she's 32 next week. Daym gurl.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    It's called typecasting :holmes:

She is beautiful but her ~quirky personality seems very contrived.
    I'm a bit of a fan boy, by a bit of a fan boy I mean a lot (even have her albums :eek:). I don't think it is contrived, after seeing her interviews from years ago too, i just think thats her.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was OK, but in a sort of guilty way really. Even from the advert I could tell it was going to be horrifically cheesy/generic/cliched and unoriginal. And I was right. :dontknow: That said, it looks like it'll be another addition to the easy-going, easy-watching American sitcoms list (not that there aren't enough already, but still).
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn I forgot to watch this... I'm only interested in watching it for her
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Her "quirky, innocent" thing is partly an act I think. She has sued somebody in the past for two million dollars:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...30lllllllllll0

I don't know full details and she might've been "justified" in some sense, but it does show that she isn't just the perfect, selfless "sweet girl" she tries to market/is marketed as.

Also, her choice for a husband was big musician Ben Gibbard, hardly someone who actually needs her love. After having looked this up, it turns out they divorced in November 2011 after 2 years of marriage, and perhaps more details of that divorce would reveal the real Zooey Deschanel.

There is no mention of any philanthropy on her wikipedia page either.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    I'm a bit of a fan boy, by a bit of a fan boy I mean a lot (even have her albums :eek:). I don't think it is contrived, after seeing her interviews from years ago too, i just think thats her.
    Hmm. I know what you mean, and she does suit that character, and play it well. But I feel a bit cheated even calling her an actor if all she ever seems able to do is play herself. A bit like Hugh Grant in British romcoms
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amwazicles)
    Hmm. I know what you mean, and she does suit that character, and play it well. But I feel a bit cheated even calling her an actor if all she ever seems able to do is play herself. A bit like Hugh Grant in British romcoms
    Watch Manic
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was ok, it did make me laugh, the coach guy was kind of funny when he was saying 'stop it' and the douchebag jar was brilliant. But that's about it. It's american humour not my cup of tea really.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't overly impressed (and have also tired of the quirky thing) but I found the singing quite amusing, and I really really really loved it when they sang to her in the restaurant (PMS perhaps )
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amwazicles)
    Isn't she in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy as Trillian? Does she basically play herself in that role too? Trillian from the character description in the book doesn't seem exactly like Zooey.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i only watched it for zooey deschanel (been a big fan since i saw her in tin man and thought she was adorable). i was actually really surprised at how much it made me giggle so will be watching the rest of the series, unless it goes seriously down hill, though i may still watch it for her....
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Her ALBUMS?

You must be a hard-core fan to inflict them on yourself

(She sang well in 'Elf' but good God that Christmas album was appalling).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I thought it seemed different, but I did like it and will be watching it every week
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely loved it! The guys are so sweet, kinda reminds me of my friends :ahee:

The coach kind of confused me because I'm just so used to seeing him as Brad from Happy Endings
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    It was ok, it did make me laugh, the coach guy was kind of funny when he was saying 'stop it' and the douchebag jar was brilliant. But that's about it. It's american humour not my cup of tea really.
    Yeah I thought the douchebag jar was genius!
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Isn't she in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy as Trillian? Does she basically play herself in that role too? Trillian from the character description in the book doesn't seem exactly like Zooey.
    So she is. Apparently I didn't know who she was when I saw the film, because I don't remember recognising her And I don't really remember the character :dontknow:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Her ALBUMS?

You must be a hard-core fan to inflict them on yourself

(She sang well in 'Elf' but good God that Christmas album was appalling).
    Not the the xmas album. She&him Vollume One and Volume 2, they're good

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 21, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.