Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Girl

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I must say, I'm really quite enjoying it.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Hey everyone, let's show just how KOOKY and UNIQUE Zooey Deschanel is by putting her face on the side of a bus showing her biting her lip! How ZANY and ORIGINAL!"

(Original post by rural_boy)
    OK even though she wouldn't have made that up, "Simpy Adorkable" makes me want to punch her in the ovaries. Hard.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    I must say, I'm really quite enjoying it.
    I refer you to the gif in my sig.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    "Hey everyone, let's show just now KOOKY and UNIQUE Zooey Deschanel is by putting her face on the side of a bus showing her biting her lip! How ZANY and ORIGINAL!"

OK even though she wouldn't have made that up, "Simpy Adorkable" makes me want to punch her in the ovaries. Hard.
    :hand:

Leave Zooey alone!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Hey everyone, let's show just now KOOKY and UNIQUE Zooey Deschanel is by putting her face on the side of a bus showing her biting her lip! How ZANY and ORIGINAL!"

Please allow me to refer you to an earlier post of mine: -

Whoa, whoa, whoa, they'll be no Deschanel hatin' going on around here!

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:

Seriously. Same old "quirky" Zooey ****.

Seen a couple of episodes. Didn't crack a smile once, it's fairly typical obvious American humour and unsubtle acting. And why are the female characters so far bar Jess all pretty unpleasant? It just seems a bit like a vehicle to "show off" her interesting singing voice and admittedly lovely hair. Not even saved by having Charlie Day's adorable wife on it (surprise, they made her an unpleasant woman too).
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alawhisp)
    Seriously. Same old "quirky" Zooey ****.

Seen a couple of episodes. Didn't crack a smile once, it's fairly typical obvious American humour and unsubtle acting. And why are the female characters so far bar Jess all pretty unpleasant? It just seems a bit like a vehicle to "show off" her interesting singing voice and admittedly lovely hair. Not even saved by having Charlie Day's adorable wife on it (surprise, they made her an unpleasant woman too).
    Word. Also, 'New Girl' is kind of pushing it at 32.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awh I love this show. It's really cute and is quite successfully feeling the gap Friends left behind (and that Big Bang Theory seemed to stop mid new series)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zooey and Katy is the same person, you never see them together.

I like Zooey in some stuff like 500 days of Summer but New Girl is just a vehicle for her and she just dominates the whole show to its detriment. The writers obviously think just stick her in front of a camera and thats the show done.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not really all that good to be honest, I hate all the characters other than Jess in it, and if Zooey wasn't in it I probably wouldn't keep watching it to be honest. There are some bits where I smile, but rarely laugh. After 3 episodes I'm willing to give it a couple more, but it's not as good as other sitcoms I'm watching at the moment.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it and was happily procrastinating whilst watching it I bet Jess and Nick get together too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Hey everyone, let's show just how KOOKY and UNIQUE Zooey Deschanel is by putting her face on the side of a bus showing her biting her lip! How ZANY and ORIGINAL!"

This made me chuckle, but what with the Zooey hating?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did they change the black guy's actor from the first episode to the second...they look completely different? Someone needs to answer this
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
    Did they change the black guy's actor from the first episode to the second...they look completely different? Someone needs to answer this
    Sort of...Coach who was in the pilot has moved out and now the other black guy has moved in, who had been in Latvia doing basketball. Shame as I quite liked Coach in the pilot.

Despite what I had said before I gave it another go, second episode was good in a couple of times but still sadly, poor overall.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Sort of...Coach who was in the pilot has moved out and now the other black guy has moved in, who had been in Latvia doing basketball. Shame as I quite liked Coach in the pilot.

Despite what I had said before I gave it another go, second episode was good in a couple of times but still sadly, poor overall.

I watched a couple more episodes today and it does get better, much better..
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rural_boy)
    I watched a couple more episodes today and it does get better, much better..
    Might try a couple more during lunch breaks this week from working on my essay then. I'll still give it a fair chance.

I did love Coach though and the way he'd shout at women, even if it was only for one episode. :moon: 'STOP IT!'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm Canadian.. So this has been out for a looong tiime. Plus you can just watch it at tv-links.eu.. And the most recent episode is HILARIOUS! "Schmidt...JAR!" omg lol. "Has anyone seen my driving moccasins?" ahaha. Iunno. I like that kind of awkward humour, because it is so ME! My life is very Napoleon Dynamite-esque. lol..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojayne)
    I enjoyed it and was happily procrastinating whilst watching it I bet Jess and Nick get together too.
    That's what I thought too. They're so sweet, bless 'em.

I quite like the show, it's easy to watch and just the right length for a break from revision
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, but Zooey does not look like a Jess..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 21, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.