The Student Room Group

Punjabi Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by theone2498
Sat Sri Akal

Sare gane teek taak a? Eh ek bout e badiya website hai ji tusi punjabi sikhnu chondye.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6588211/Punjabi-Made-Easy

I suck at writing punjabi in English so what I'm trying to say is that this is a great website for learning how to read and write punjabi withing about 2 weeks.

Also, can I have opinions on who we think is the best punjabi music producer/singer/dj/whatever!

Miss Pooja, Aman Hayer, Jazzy B, Panjabi MC or anyone else!

Paaji main Punjabi bolna chaunda not just reading and writing, is there any resources for those who want to actually converse in Punjabi? And as far as producers go, Tru skool is my favourite producer atm, although these are old albums I would still recommend listening to Word is born and Repazent
Can I join the punjabi society?
Original post by singh2
Same here, my parents spoke only Punjabi to me when I was little and that was all I spoke till I was 2-3 years old. Then I went to nursery and the teachers complained to my parents that they couldn't understand me lol. Since then they only spoke English to me and I subsequently forgot punjabi, but that's been the only regret of my childhood because now when I want to learn Punjabi it becomes so much more difficult! I understand quite a bit and listen to Punjabi music which helps, but when I tell my mum I want to learn Punjabi all she says is "BOL FER" . I feel that I should learn because otherwise the language will die out over here.

I know how you feel, especially because when I go university there may be a few indians who may be more comfortable speaking punjabi whereas I can't properly. I don't feel confident when I do speak it because sometimes people don't understand when I say things first time in punjabi. My fear also is that eventually the punjabi will die out too and I will strive to ensure my future children can speak (i hope). (also its quite hard to learn now that i'm older so yeah)
Original post by sebotobes
Can I join the punjabi society?

Course you can! Bit slow though! Pak Soc and IndSoc seem to go a bit faster :biggrin:
Original post by The_Internet
Course you can! Bit slow though! Pak Soc and IndSoc seem to go a bit faster :biggrin:

This is why I love the internet.
aw man, why is this thread not so active? :frown:
Reply 166
Original post by cake_lover
aw man, why is this thread not so active? :frown:

Koi cake cuke wagara leado fer
danm this thread is dead :lol:
Didnt even know this was a thing?!?!?! :eek:
Can i join? :redface:
kiddha
Original post by Princess31
Didnt even know this was a thing?!?!?! :eek:
Can i join? :redface:

well no one else is here so we might aswell! :lol:

Original post by chelseafan
kiddha

vadiya!

ki hal hai? :bhangra:
Original post by cupcakes87
well no one else is here so we might aswell! :lol:

vadiya!

ki hal hai? :bhangra:

Lmao yus :lol:
Sooo whats been going jn here? :teehee::lol:
Original post by Princess31
Lmao yus :lol:
Sooo whats been going jn here? :teehee::lol:

nothing new lool! just life and revision and life :lol:

hows stuff with you?? :h:
Original post by cupcakes87
nothing new lool! just life and revision and life :lol:

hows stuff with you?? :h:

Chalo, sounds good lol :lol:

Same tbh. First exam on Friday abd just mehhhh about it all :tongue:
Wheb ur exams syart?
Kiddaaaa!
Cake lover why u always se Kidaaaaa!

Kush cake khila veere
im pakistani but i speak punjabi, but it's slightly mixed in with the urdu idk how LOOOL im fluent in it tho :smile:
Hello Fellow Punjabisss
How did I not know this existed? Lol :biggrin:

Kiddha ho saareya noo? :smile:
Hello my fellow Punjabs! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest