The Student Room Group

King's College Vs. Bath Vs. Nottingham Vs. Medway SOP Vs. Portsmouth Vs. Cardiff

King's College was going to be my first choice....but that changed.
Offer - ABB
I like Bath, (ABB) though it was small and on a hill there was something prestigious about that university and they were all friendly, small accomodation though, little nightlife, great sports wing, amazing facilities...
Though not as good as Nottinghams (ABB), that open day impressed me...great pharmacy department, too big a university and too weird a city, considering I come from the south.
Portsmouth (BBB), a bit lacking, good university though, some halls were awful but the rest are really good, right next to town, alright city! Good shopping! But...
Medway School Of Pharmacy (BBB), I have no idea....Never visited they have only just planned an open day but if its going to be another LSOP that's not my sort of thing.
Cardiff (interview), haven't been yet, people have put me off by the city itself, been only once when I was younger, good nightlife and pretty university.

Anymore to add?
What's wrong with Cardiff city? =/
Reply 2
Merna

Though not as good as Nottinghams (ABB), that open day impressed me...great pharmacy department, too big a university and too weird a city, considering I come from the south.

How is it wierd, exactly?
Reply 3
Cardiff was implied ''racist and chavvy'' was the view I got. But that sounds a bit like everywhere these days. Everyone to their subject opinions.
Reply 4
Nottinghams loud and the crime rates 4 times as high as my area, which is bad... I wouldn't want to settle there forever I guess. However snobby that sounds.
Reply 5
Cardiffs no more racist or chavvy than anywhere else, believe.
If I didn't live here myself now, it would be my dream uni, but I want to move away :redface:
The good thing with Cardiff is that everything is close by. From the Pharmacy Department, its a 5 minute walk into the main shopping area of the city centre, and a 20 minute walk to the central train and bus station. All the University buildings are very close together, with the halls of residence being very close too (although there is one that is a bus ride away). The closeness of everything makes it feel like a campus university, when its not. And Cardiff really is a lively, friendly city with lots to do. Im starting to sound like an advertisment for it....
Reply 7
sunday
Cardiffs no more racist or chavvy than anywhere else, believe.
If I didn't live here myself now, it would be my dream uni, but I want to move away :redface:

I say that about sussex!!
It's the just the solid move everyones scared of doing, maybe we'll realise it isn't that big a deal??

Well all will tell when I have my Cardiff interview soon...

Latest

Trending

Trending