The Student Room Group

Bio unit 4 exam prep game

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by orange.bananna
I got an A, this thread definetly helped me to learn answers for photosynthesis and respiration questions!

then i have created at least 1 good thread! :biggrin: (well done on the A)

making unit 5 thread everybody, take a look!
Reply 82
At my school, we do not sit unit 4 until the summer. Hopefully, this thread will stay alive for the next few months for those on TSR doing unit 4 in the summer?

I will definitely have a look at the unit 5 thread too. :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Daicy
At my school, we do not sit unit 4 until the summer. Hopefully, this thread will stay alive for the next few months for those on TSR doing unit 4 in the summer?

I will definitely have a look at the unit 5 thread too. :smile:

how come they do it like that?
and ye i think some people are staying on here and if anybody is sitting unit 4 in my school ill give them the site. lots of good Q :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by chill543
how come they do it like that?
and ye i think some people are staying on here and if anybody is sitting unit 4 in my school ill give them the site. lots of good Q :smile:

I am not too sure. It was the same at AS, both units are taken in the summer. I guess it gives more time to learn the whole syllabus, especially when (in AQA) you can use knowledge from each unit as you go up the units.
Reply 85
Original post by Daicy
I am not too sure. It was the same at AS, both units are taken in the summer. I guess it gives more time to learn the whole syllabus, especially when (in AQA) you can use knowledge from each unit as you go up the units.

thats a bit strange, but i geuss its a good idea a little

anyways good luck when it comes to it... the best of luck!!! :smile:
Reply 86
thats a bit strange, but i geuss its a good idea a little

anyways good luck when it comes to it... the best of luck!!! :smile:

Thanks. You too, with unit 5. :biggrin:
then i have created at least 1 good thread! :biggrin: (well done on the A)

making unit 5 thread everybody, take a look!

Thanks, yes it was so useful - will definetly be making use of the unit 5 thread as well :P

How's unit 5 going for you? I love all the DNA stuff it's really fascinating - but is going to be a pain to learn for the exam!
Reply 88
Thanks, yes it was so useful - will definetly be making use of the unit 5 thread as well :P

How's unit 5 going for you? I love all the DNA stuff it's really fascinating - but is going to be a pain to learn for the exam!

we havent got onto the dna but loving nerves, synapses and that, not too bad on hormones...
it seems a lot better than unit 4... beacause there is actually 'stuff' to remeber. instead of being asked random Q about cattle :biggrin:
we havent got onto the dna but loving nerves, synapses and that, not too bad on hormones...
it seems a lot better than unit 4... beacause there is actually 'stuff' to remeber. instead of being asked random Q about cattle :biggrin:

I don't feel my school have taught the nerves bit very well, so there could be a fair bit of self teaching in study leave!!

I wasn't fussed on the ecology side of unit 4, so I think I prefer unit 5 as well! In the exam I didn't realise that question was about cattle initially - I was like this hairloss gene is unfortunate, then realised it was talking about cows :colondollar:
I just about got the hang of Unit 4, but ohmygod Unit 5 is going straight over my head, I just dont understand any of it! Anyone else finding the genetics part realllly difficult?!
Reply 91
I don't feel my school have taught the nerves bit very well, so there could be a fair bit of self teaching in study leave!!

I wasn't fussed on the ecology side of unit 4, so I think I prefer unit 5 as well! In the exam I didn't realise that question was about cattle initially - I was like this hairloss gene is unfortunate, then realised it was talking about cows :colondollar:

i will sca\n in some notes about synapse stuff.. its really easy... ill whrite it on paper so i dont forget to scan it in...
i will sca\n in some notes about synapse stuff.. its really easy... ill whrite it on paper so i dont forget to scan it in...

Thank you that would be brilliant.

If you need any help with the DNA stuff once you start it, feel free to message me :smile:
Original post by Walkingonacloud
I just about got the hang of Unit 4, but ohmygod Unit 5 is going straight over my head, I just dont understand any of it! Anyone else finding the genetics part realllly difficult?!

Which part of it?
Reply 94
bump for you unit 4 resiters!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending