The Student Room Group

What grades will i need??

hello. I went to Greenhead's(college huddersfield) opening evening yesterday and i've just filled the application. This college is a very, very, very top standard sixth form..
but I'm terrified that I won't get in and I'd be gutted because I think it's a very good college. I didn't go to a
link college.. These are my grades: M= Mock grades P=predicted grades
English lang: M= B P= A
English lit: M= A P= A
Chemistry: M= A* P= A*
Biology: M= A P= A
Physics: M= A P= A*
Maths: Already done however havn't received results yet. Also doing maths iGcse
History: M= B P= A
French: M= C P= A
Persia/Farsi: Already done A*.

Also I'm going to be taking(for a-level): Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Medieval History!

Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
My first thoughts are "shut the f'up up." However, some people aren't just looking to have their heads shoved further up their behinds... so, yes... when they're all As and A*s there should be no reason you shouldn't get in. Just work uber hard over the next few months :smile:
Reply 2
What are there grade requirements?
Original post by McNicholl
My first thoughts are "shut the f'up up." However, some people aren't just looking to have their heads shoved further up their behinds... so, yes... when they're all As and A*s there should be no reason you shouldn't get in. Just work uber hard over the next few months :smile:

haha yes. I know what you mean. However I'm just not sure my mock grades will be good enough since that's what they'll be looking at... What do you think? :s
Original post by TenOfThem
What are there grade requirements?

They don't really say however they aim for 'only the best'.. :|
Reply 5
Then there is no answer to your question that we can give

If they accept 100 people and have 300 applicants and 120 of them achieve A* in 8+ subjects then anyone with less than that may not get in

Unless they have criteria other than grades

I would imagine the their criteria are listed in their prospectus
Then there is no answer to your question that we can give

If they accept 100 people and have 300 applicants and 120 of them achieve A* in 8+ subjects then anyone with less than that may not get in

Unless they have criteria other than grades

I would imagine the their criteria are listed in their prospectus

They will accept 450 students. I were just wondering if people thought I stand a chance?
Reply 7
At my college you need a C at GCSE History to progress to A Level.

For biology you need either a B in GCSE Biology or in Additional science

For chemistry you need either a B in GCSE Chemistry or in additional science

And deppending on what maths course depends on the grade u need, probably a B to be safe
Original post by Oaktree
At my college you need a C at GCSE History to progress to A Level.

For biology you need either a B in GCSE Biology or in Additional science

For chemistry you need either a B in GCSE Chemistry or in additional science

And deppending on what maths course depends on the grade u need, probably a B to be safe

Thankyou! Yes, it's the same at my school however in this college they have very high expectations. D:
Reply 9
Do they make an offer based just on your grades or will you have an interview
Do they make an offer based just on your grades or will you have an interview

There will be an interview! :biggrin: will that make a difference? If yes, what am I meant to say in the interview?
If you have a clear understanding of why you want to do your subjects, some idea of post-18 choices that would be a good discussion point

If you have done work experience that you gained anything from then you could discuss that

Is it just a 6th form college ... do they have any expectations regarding things that you will contribute to the college
If you have a clear understanding of why you want to do your subjects, some idea of post-18 choices that would be a good discussion point

If you have done work experience that you gained anything from then you could discuss that

Is it just a 6th form college ... do they have any expectations regarding things that you will contribute to the college

Thanks so much! I really hope these make up for my grades..
Reply 13
Original post by sweetchildofmine
hello. I went to Greenhead's(college huddersfield) opening evening yesterday and i've just filled the application. This college is a very, very, very top standard sixth form..
but I'm terrified that I won't get in and I'd be gutted because I think it's a very good college. I didn't go to a
link college.. These are my grades: M= Mock grades P=predicted grades
English lang: M= B P= A
English lit: M= A P= A
Chemistry: M= A* P= A*
Biology: M= A P= A
Physics: M= A P= A*
Maths: Already done however havn't received results yet. Also doing maths iGcse
History: M= B P= A
French: M= C P= A
Persia/Farsi: Already done A*.

Also I'm going to be taking(for a-level): Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Medieval History!

Thanks for your help!

Are you joking ? You'll be fine! They're the perfect sorts of results they're looking for... I too want to go to Greenhead and am not from a feeder school:/ &Went to the same opening evening as you! Haha, but my grades aren't quite as good as yours..Don't get me wrong, they're not bad.. but there's one C and B's too.... So I should be the one worrying! Not you<3 Relax, you'll do fine.. I'm wanting to study Biology, Chemistry, Pshycology and Sociology so who knows, if we both get it we may be sharing a class and we'd never know! Best of luck!<3

Quick Reply

Latest