The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography resit January 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nicole_hod
ok, crappers, didn't think it was...my teacher said it would be alright though oddly enough (but he may have been wrong)!

cheers for that, it's made me feel a little more settled! Awesome, we didn't do health so luckily I'm not missing anything too vital- thank god!

Surely coastlines of submergence is an impact if you justify it? So for example, rising sea levels cause coastlines of emergence (full explanation) which can increase tourism as people want to see the spectacular land forms, so increased tourism is an effect, or something like that?
Reply 61
Original post by scared!
anyone doing the resit for as skills on tuesday? :smile:

I am :smile: Havent even started revising for it lools, I have a feeling something on triangular graphs would come up on the skills paper
Reply 62
Original post by Harry.K
Yeh I figured it would be easier to resit this paper rather than the one with all the case studies! and yeh the field work part is pretty easy, the same questions seem to come up every year or so, like "what was the aim" "describe one method used for primary data collection", etc. and it was population last January, and for the June paper it was Rivers so if the pattern continues then it will be population which would be perfect! (hate rivers).

I really hope population comes on on the Skills paper, however I dont want to take a gamble AQA are sometimes unpredictable
Reply 63
What does everyone reckon the grade boundaries for the paper would be ?
Reply 64
Original post by joeade94
I really hope population comes on on the Skills paper, however I dont want to take a gamble AQA are sometimes unpredictable

sometimes? try always! hehe. Spearmans rank is probably a likely suspect evaluating a graph or somethangg! On the field work bit maa teacher said that quantitative and qualitative data hasn't come up soo :smile:)xx
Reply 65
Hate the skills bit.

Never attended the trip, was badly ill in hospital. So got off to a bad start, ever since never really caught up and got a D last year. Now a year on, I've forgotten what little I knew, and will spend all monday (just 1 day, got more important exams) revising at the end of the AQA textbook for it, but doubt that'll be enough for a B or something.
any ideas on skills resit on tuesday?
Original post by sclez1
Thought it was a bit unexpected. I put about the increases in flooding and the effects that would have, then about coastlines of emergence and the effects they would have, good and bad. Looking back i should have said something about wildlife

I think everyone struggled on that question, hopefully that was decrease the grade boundaries
Reply 68
The more I look back on it, the more I worry :frown: I don't even think I put impermeable surfaces and urbanisation in the rivers 15 marker :|
Reply 69
Original post by scared!

Original post by scared!
anyone doing the resit for as skills on tuesday? :smile:

Yepp, dreading that too haha!
Reply 70
Original post by popnit
Yepp, dreading that too haha!

I am really relaxed about it- probably because I got an A in it last year lol. Are your resitting it? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much because it is mostly common sense. The first section is mainly focused on data response questions which is fairly simple.
Reply 71
Original post by Harry.K

Original post by Harry.K
I am really relaxed about it- probably because I got an A in it last year lol. Are your resitting it? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much because it is mostly common sense. The first section is mainly focused on data response questions which is fairly simple.

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet eh? :P
Reply 72
Original post by popnit
Nothing like blowing your own trumpet eh? :P

lol didn't mean to come off big-headed/arrogant, I just feel like it is an exam where it is fairly easy toget high marks which will obviously help you towards your overall grade for uni, aslong as you know how to answer data response questions and understand the command words.

Good luck to you anyway.
Reply 73
Original post by Harry.K

Original post by Harry.K
lol didn't mean to come off big-headed/arrogant, I just feel like it is an exam where it is fairly easy toget high marks which will obviously help you towards your overall grade for uni, aslong as you know how to answer data response questions and understand the command words.

Good luck to you anyway.

Haha don't worry I'm only joking. I'd love to have got an A. I got a C last year tho :frown: Was gutted.
Thanks very much! x
Reply 74
Original post by popnit
Haha don't worry I'm only joking. I'd love to have got an A. I got a C last year tho :frown: Was gutted.
Thanks very much! x

ah I think the problem is that the grade boundaries are quite close to one another so its quite easy to get like a C when you're only a couple marks off a B and even a few marks from an A. Makes me feel like a **** for resitting the exam when I've already got an A lol.
Hopefully you'll do better this time :smile:.
Reply 75
Original post by Harry.K
ah I think the problem is that the grade boundaries are quite close to one another so its quite easy to get like a C when you're only a couple marks off a B and even a few marks from an A. Makes me feel like a **** for resitting the exam when I've already got an A lol.
Hopefully you'll do better this time :smile:.

But people ask me why I am resitting because i got a B, but its because i was only so close to a A which makes you want it and because A2 is so much harder having a better and more secure AS will make the marks better maybz, who knows! I just need to revise main fieldwork tomorrrow, i haven't done alot just because it is mainly common sense to do with the fieldwork you carried out are you the same? like risks,sources, aims, location..xx
Reply 76
Original post by scared!
But people ask me why I am resitting because i got a B, but its because i was only so close to a A which makes you want it and because A2 is so much harder having a better and more secure AS will make the marks better maybz, who knows! I just need to revise main fieldwork tomorrrow, i haven't done alot just because it is mainly common sense to do with the fieldwork you carried out are you the same? like risks,sources, aims, location..xx

Yeh that's the main reason why I'm resitting it, because I want to get as many marks as possible in AS exams because it'll be much harder to pick up marks in A2 exams. Yeh I'm exactly the same, I've just been focusing on being able to answer data response questions and been trying to learn my fieldwork.
Reply 77
Original post by Harry.K
Yeh that's the main reason why I'm resitting it, because I want to get as many marks as possible in AS exams because it'll be much harder to pick up marks in A2 exams. Yeh I'm exactly the same, I've just been focusing on being able to answer data response questions and been trying to learn my fieldwork.

At least its not me, lets stick together! ahaha! and A2 is ridiculously hard like forexample AS 'describe the location (3 marks) - A2 'location question' (15 marks) its like erghhh! and yeah the thing is with the first bit data response i don't go for the obvious, like on a graph ill think outside rather than 'clutters are forming' blahblah, so i need to snap out and look whats right infront ahaha! :L its hard to revise other than do past questions though:Lxx
Reply 78
How did everyone find this paper ?
Reply 79
Original post by scared!
sometimes? try always! hehe. Spearmans rank is probably a likely suspect evaluating a graph or somethangg! On the field work bit maa teacher said that quantitative and qualitative data hasn't come up soo :smile:)xx

Spearmans rank didnt come up lol, no stats question came up. But Im just glad it was a population paper:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending