The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does UCL read your LNAT essay?

I just came home from taking the LNAT, and although I'm pretty content with the essay I wrote, I feel uncertain about the multiple choice answers.. does UCL usually read the essays? I've read somewhere in TSR that they don't matter at all :frown:
Reply 1
I'm not sure, damn i hope not. I keep feeling that my essay was crap but all i can tell you is don't fret about it now. They take ages replying!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by sykg
I just came home from taking the LNAT, and although I'm pretty content with the essay I wrote, I feel uncertain about the multiple choice answers.. does UCL usually read the essays? I've read somewhere in TSR that they don't matter at all :frown:

I know this is a super old thread but for anyone reading this in 2018/2019, my application was strong everywhere except the LNAT essay and UCL rejected me yesterday and said it was solely because of my LNAT essay. So yes, they really do matter nowadays !
Original post by arianeclementine
I know this is a super old thread but for anyone reading this in 2018/2019, my application was strong everywhere except the LNAT essay and UCL rejected me yesterday and said it was solely because of my LNAT essay. So yes, they really do matter nowadays !

did they specifically say that?
Original post by anonymous1231231
did they specifically say that?

Yes, my rejection letter said that my LNAT essay performance just wasn’t as strong as others and that was why I was rejected

Just got a rejection today. I had A*A*A prediction and a pretty decent personal statement. They also said my essay was poor. I think it went to down to essay choice tbh, I should of taken more time to decide. Which essay did you choose and what other universities have you applied for ?
Original post by Mad-Mullah
Just got a rejection today. I had A*A*A prediction and a pretty decent personal statement. They also said my essay was poor. I think it went to down to essay choice tbh, I should of taken more time to decide. Which essay did you choose and what other universities have you applied for ?

I’m sorry to hear that. I know how much it sucks, knowing that just because of one failed essay, you don’t get to go to your dream uni. My essay was “what’s more important, national security or civil liberties?” and yeah it was hard and I didn’t have time to finish. What was yours ?
I also applied to QMUL, KCL, Durham and Cambridge. Got rejected from Cambridge pre interview despite not my A*A*A* prediction and the fact that they don’t look at the LNAT, so I’m super bummed by that too cause they interview 80% of applicants... What about you?
I’m sorry to hear that. I know how much it sucks, knowing that just because of one failed essay, you don’t get to go to your dream uni. My essay was “what’s more important, national security or civil liberties?” and yeah it was hard and I didn’t have time to finish. What was yours ?
I also applied to QMUL, KCL, Durham and Cambridge. Got rejected from Cambridge pre interview despite not my A*A*A* prediction and the fact that they don’t look at the LNAT, so I’m super bummed by that too cause they interview 80% of applicants... What about you?

did they say why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending