The Student Room Group

Texting in a relationship

When you're not with your partner and not seeing them that day, do you do a lot of texting? Do you always text first or do they?

My boyfriend is great when I'm with him but it bothers me he'll go all the way until 7pm or something without texting me to see how I am or anything (when he's just at home messing about). He didn't even text first today when he knows I've been ill. I've mentioned it before and he says 'oh you don't give me chance' but I think I do considering most days I wait until 7 or even 9 at night before I text him. We don't really do phonecalls because he doesn't like them. It would just be nice for him to send me a text and let me know he's thinking about me! Does it not sort of occur to boyfriends to do that?

People could say 'oh he's not that into you' but he's a great boyfriend...we spend a lot of time together and with his family and we're happy together.
Reply 1
I used to worry me that me and my boyfriend could go a couple of days without any contact whatsoever and if we did it was normally me that initiated the texting.

Used to upset me no end thinking he wasn't that in to me (god knows I'm so insecure the beginning of relationships) but now I've realised that he's not really a texty person.

So yeah, despite us being able to go a couple of days no contact I know he genuinely cares about me, and I've become to like it better this way because it means we have so much to talk about when we see each other (which is fairly regularly)

So long story short, don't worry about it OP :smile: It honestly doesn't occur to him that you'd like a text.

If it bothers you that much though, tell him. I doubt he'd think you're clingy or anything, he just has no idea :tongue:
My bf usually bbms me right at the end of the day everyday, just before we sleep and chat for a couple of hours, but we do see each other at work almost everyday. And he always starts. Erm, if I'm going home on my own I have to bbm him when I get in...

But... I personally don't think it's a massive issue. What about like the early 90s or whatever, not everyone had mobiles etc. did couples really call each other everyday throughout the day...? :s-smilie: I think there's too much of a need for everyone to know what everyone's doing. Ooh, that was a nice doughnut, let me tweet that. :colonhash:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
My bf usually bbms me right at the end of the day everyday, just before we sleep and chat for a couple of hours, but we do see each other at work almost everyday. And he always starts. Erm, if I'm going home on my own I have to bbm him when I get in...

But... I personally don't think it's a massive issue. What about like the early 90s or whatever, not everyone had mobiles etc. did couples really call each other everyday throughout the day...? :s-smilie: I think there's too much of a need for everyone to know what everyone's doing. Ooh, that was a nice doughnut, let me tweet that. :colonhash:

Haha, I hate Twitter and people that constantly post useless statuses too.
I kind of wish it was back in the day when we didn't have mobile phones because at least then I wouldn't be thinking 'he has a phone and unlimited texts, why doesn't he use them?'! I'm not bothered about what he's doing, just that he spares me a thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending