The Student Room Group

A question for the ladies

Hi :frown:
I just need opinions on something that has been getting me down lately. Basically, i'm 21 and still haven't kissed a girl. I'll explain why this is.

I was quite ugly as a child, all my facial features seemed too large, so inevitably a had a low opinion of myself. I have got strict parents, so my social life until i hit 20 was not existent.
Now as i have gotten older i have become much better looking. This has led to situations where i could have kissed a girl on many occassions, but due to my lack of experience i have backed out in cowardice. I am in a rut, i really want a girlfriend and i have no problem talking to girls, it is just a confidence issue when it comes to making a move.

Would girls around my age be freaked out if i told them i have never kissed a girl before? Or would they not mind? Please let me know :frown:

Scroll to see replies

just kisss them! They wont be judgemental but dont tell them. Kiss gently!
Reply 2
1 reply? :frown:
Reply 3
I agree. Don't tell them that you've never kissed a girl before. They don't want to be the ones to take the lead and saying so might make you look insecure even if you're not. Just go with the flow and you'll figure it out (that sounds unhelpful but I figured out kissing that way :smile: ).
Original post by Anonymous
I just need opinions on something that has been getting me down lately. Basically, i'm 21 and still haven't kissed a girl. I'll explain why this is.

I was quite ugly as a child, all my facial features seemed too large, so inevitably a had a low opinion of myself. I have got strict parents, so my social life until i hit 20 was not existent.
Now as i have gotten older i have become much better looking. This has led to situations where i could have kissed a girl on many occassions, but due to my lack of experience i have backed out in cowardice. I am in a rut, i really want a girlfriend and i have no problem talking to girls, it is just a confidence issue when it comes to making a move.

Would girls around my age be freaked out if i told them i have never kissed a girl before? Or would they not mind? Please let me know :frown:

I wouldnt be freaked out, the number of people someones kissed/dated doesn't really bother me. :smile:
Reply 5

Dont worry about it its perfectly fine and normal :smile: , im a 21 year old woman (would say im quite attractive yeah) and only recently had my first kiss and it wasnt all that amazing for me but it wasnt with the right guy :smile: if you understand what I mean. If you were my boyfriend I would make sure you were comfortable around me first and felt the same because I'd want it to feel right and mean something for you aswell. Also I dont believe anyone is ugly! everyones opinion of what is beautiful or handsome is completely different so Im sure theres nothing wrong with you at all and your lovely how you are x

kate x
No, I would have alot of respect for you..... Its alot better to find someone special to share you first kiss with than locking lips with any girl just to get it over with... You'll make the girl feel special :smile:

I'm 18 and never kissed a guy... And I shall make sure I really have feelings for the person and be completely comfortable around them, when the time comes. And anyway, unless you are completely awful at it (which kissing, btw, is supposed to come naturally - we all have that inbuilt ability), who's going to know it's your first time? Tell the girl afterwards, if you want to, but I would just go with it... :smile:
Reply 7
To be brutally honest, yes, yes I would. People saying is perfectly natural etc are being kind but basically untruthful. Fact is, the girl will only know as much as you tell them. She doesn't need to know you've never kissed anyone before, but you don't have to try act like a stud either. Just be yourself, and let it flow naturally. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 8

hey anonymous ,

i hope you feel abit more at ease now that people have replied to your thread and shown you its ok and not such a big deal . I'd message your personally but it doesnt quite work with anon profiles :/ x

kate
Reply 9
:smile: Thank you for your replies, i feel a bit better now. That being said it's all good and well saying just go with the flow etc, but if you don't really know how to kiss then it's still a bit of a pickle :frown:
Most girls would think i was lying if i told told them the truth too because I am regarded as good looking and i am fairly confident, so this is also a pickle :frown:
Do not tell a girl that. Just kiss her!!
a) she would never know...if she did suspect anything it would be that you haven't kissed MANY girls.
b) I wouldn't ever consider a guy who hasn't kissed a girl because I wouldn't sleep with a virgin, prefer someone with more experience who can match me and challenge me, I don't want to be the one with all the control...also I would worry what kind of guy gets to that point - is he not attractive to other girls? is he unsociable?? (not that you are but theses things would occur to me...)
:smile: Thank you for your replies, i feel a bit better now. That being said it's all good and well saying just go with the flow etc, but if you don't really know how to kiss then it's still a bit of a pickle :frown:
Most girls would think i was lying if i told told them the truth too because I am regarded as good looking and i am fairly confident, so this is also a pickle :frown:

Kinda in the same situation but I'm 17. I've kissed lots of girls as in like a peck on the lips but nothing more than that really, apart from when I was 14 and it doesn't come naturally at all like people say it does and that has made me too scared to take my oppurtunities since, because it will be rubbish and put the girl off me. But the longer I leave it, the worse it will get!
Reply 12
It isn't necessary to tell them first, although if you feel it's something you want to get off your chest then you could feesibly tell them afterwards. No worries about the strict parents/lack of teenage social life - decent (by which I mean non-slaggish, non-stupid) girls won't care in the slightest. Besides, you shouldn't have to make excuses about the way your life turns out. No-one will blame you for it.
Reply 13

Just take it gently and slow, the side of your nose will angle with her's just barely touching and you can just softly press your lips against hers with your hands resting in her hands or one in her hand and one on her cheek . You dont have to go into the full smooch , I'd say its kinda like kissing normally like you would your relative uhhhh this is kinda hard to say haha but if you were my guy I would show you because thats all down to how in a loving way you would show how you feel about the other person. Dont worry about telling her if its your first date together and you feel things went smooth ( aka holding hands, eye contact etc) & she's comfortable around you then sure give her a kiss on the lips, it'll show her your happy with the one and patient enough to come back for more :smile: later on. Honestly it'll come to you with more practice x
Reply 14
youd be suprised how many people are in your boat mate, if you want a confidence builder, for fear of sounding cliche, go to a club, party or what have you get hammered and just find a girl ... i'll be damned if you dont find a girl willing to get with you there. sorry that sounds slightly rude not meant to be though! :smile:
I don't think that you'd need to tell her that you've never kissed someone, but honestly, hand on heart, if you did tell me it really wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Everyone gets experience at different times, and everyone has to go through the initial awkward moment.

I would prefer a guy like that a million times to a guy that slept around.
Reply 16

This seems really silly of me but I'd like to get to know you abit more , you seem like a really nice guy.
This is my new accoubt is you want to message me :smile: I'd prefer to start fresh my last account was quite old although i didn't use it much
account, if**
Reply 19
Oh no! Some ppl have their first kiss during their wedding day! and this is when they have hit their 30s. SO you are not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending