Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WhatCanISay turns from a caterpillar into a butterfly.

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I started trying to lose weight from about 20th December, but only joined the competition yesterday.

I currently weigh 99/100 kg my scale shows me different weights at different parts of the day lol! My aim is to get down to around 70kgs, obviously this wont happen in the 12 weeks but I'm hoping for about 88kgs by the end of this competition.

I joined this competition so that I could make sure I don't quit and fall back into my old ways, if I win that's just a bonus really. At the moment all I'm doing to lose weight is creating a calorie deficit and exercising for 50 minutes on my treadmill on the interval setting. According to my treadmill I lose 360 calories by doing this. I try to eat 1200 calories max everyday and use a calorie recording app to record everything I've eaten.

I'll enter what I've eaten everyday on here so that I can look at my diet as a whole.

7/01/12
    Breakfast- two slices of bread with jam and butter + one pot of muller rice pudding
    Lunch- a bowl of pasta with tomato sauce and sweet corn and tuna.
    Snacks- another pot of muller rice pudding, an orange and four cups of tea with semi-skimmed milk.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Day 2

Breakfast- two slices of white toast, one with jam, the other with margarine, and a pot of mullet rice pudding and a glass of low calorie orange squash.

Interval on treadmill - 10 mins, 72 cal lost.

Lunch- one cup of homemade veggy fried rice with a handful of roast parsnips and a glass of low calorie orange squash.

Interval on treadmill - 20 mins, 144 cals burned.

Snacks- muller rice pudding, glass of orange squash. Tea with one sugar

Dinner- bowl of sweet corn.

Interval on treadmill-20 mins, 144 cals burned
    Total calories consumed: 1115
    Total calories lost: 72+144+144=360

Net for today= 793
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi what did you have for dinner yesterday? I assume you didn't skip it? If that's all you ate it doesn't sound like enough. Good luck with the contest!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Hi what did you have for dinner yesterday? I assume you didn't skip it? If that's all you ate it doesn't sound like enough. Good luck with the contest!
    I did skip it, because I felt really bad about having the extra pot of rice pudding! And I went over my sugar intake for the day by so much because of it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what your BMR is? Knowing that figure might let you add some extra calories which will help you exercise, and stop you feeling drained, thus helping you to stay motivated to change for longer!

All in all good luck!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    Do you know what your BMR is? Knowing that figure might let you add some extra calories which will help you exercise, and stop you feeling drained, thus helping you to stay motivated to change for longer!

All in all good luck!
    I've worked it out to be 1800 or something along those lines, I'm
    Not sure what exactly to do with that figure though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have eggs with your breakfast. Personally I find scrambled the nicest.

At what time do you usually exercise?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    doesnt seem to be much protein from what i can see
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatcanisay)
    I've worked it out to be 1800 or something along those lines, I'm
    Not sure what exactly to do with that figure though
    basically 1800 is how many calories you need to eat to stay the same weight if you were lying in bed all day. Its the number of calories you burn just by being alive.
    Add on the calories burned by your daily activities (if you are a student or work behind a desk it will be a low number) then the calories burned by exercise.

The resulting number is how many calories you need to eat to maintain your weight.

Eat about 600 less than that number each day, and you should lose weight slowly yet steadily and more important, safely.

Also a tip with weighing yourself; the number is always higher later in the day. If you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, before you eat but after your ablutions it's quite accurate. Don't weigh yourself too often because weight fluctuates, so once a week is good enough.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Have eggs with your breakfast. Personally I find scrambled the nicest.

At what time do you usually exercise?
    How many eggs do you suggest? And I exercise throughout the day, do it would be 20mins in the morning, 10 at lunch and another 20 at around 4, I'll have to go sixth form again soon so it would probably be all done in the evenings from now on.
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    doesnt seem to be much protein from what i can see
    Is high protein content essential as I'm
    Just trying to loose weight and not really gain that much muscle? sorry I'm a newby
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    basically 1800 is how many calories you need to eat to stay the same weight if you were lying in bed all day. Its the number of calories you burn just by being alive.
    Add on the calories burned by your daily activities (if you are a student or work behind a desk it will be a low number) then the calories burned by exercise.

The resulting number is how many calories you need to eat to maintain your weight.

Eat about 600 less than that number each day, and you should lose weight slowly yet steadily and more important, safely.

Also a tip with weighing yourself; the number is always higher later in the day. If you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, before you eat but after your ablutions it's quite accurate. Don't weigh yourself too often because weight fluctuates, so once a week is good enough.
    Ah thanks so much! So basically I should be eating around 1500 cals everyday?

Thanks so much for all the tips, it all make sense now- from the BMR to why I thought my scales were crazy lol!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is high protein content essential as I'm
    Just trying to loose weight and not really gain that much muscle? sorry I'm a newby
    if you want to get lean IE lose body fat it is essential

its not just for building muscle, it also helps you keep the muscle you have so it stops you looking and being skinny fat as you lose the weight

throw some eggs, chicken, fish in their with what you have
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2-3 eggs for breakfast with the toast and a glass of fresh orange juice is a good start to the day.

Lunch ..usual really, pasta and tuna is good as you had and chicken salad sandwiches.

After school snack ...have your rice pudding

Train about 1-1:30 before your dinner

Dinner I assume it is what your parent(s) cook. But if they do stuff like potatoes, pasta or whatever just cut it down a bit.

About an hour before bed have a few spoonfulls of low fat cottage cheese.

Now with exercise, if you don't walk to school maybe start doing that and back, depends on the distance.

What equipment do you have for your home training?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks so much! So basically I should be eating around 1500 cals everyday?

Thanks so much for all the tips, it all make sense now- from the BMR to why I thought my scales were crazy lol!
    I'd personally aim closer to 1800. It depends how you feel. I wouldn't rush it too much, with regular exercise and around 1800 calories you will see big changes over next 3 months and beyond. No need to do anything too extreme with diet. Consistency is the key.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The numbers that I gave were just an example, like McHumpy said, 1800 plus exercise should helo you lose noticeable weight, in a safe way and keep you fit
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    if you want to get lean IE lose body fat it is essential

its not just for building muscle, it also helps you keep the muscle you have so it stops you looking and being skinny fat as you lose the weight

throw some eggs, chicken, fish in their with what you have

2-3 eggs for breakfast with the toast and a glass of fresh orange juice is a good start to the day.

Lunch ..usual really, pasta and tuna is good as you had and chicken salad sandwiches.

After school snack ...have your rice pudding

Train about 1-1:30 before your dinner

Dinner I assume it is what your parent(s) cook. But if they do stuff like potatoes, pasta or whatever just cut it down a bit.

About an hour before bed have a few spoonfulls of low fat cottage cheese.

Now with exercise, if you don't walk to school maybe start doing that and back, depends on the distance.

What equipment do you have for your home training?
    Just the treadmill, well... I have a skipping rope too xD

The numbers that I gave were just an example, like McHumpy said, 1800 plus exercise should helo you lose noticeable weight, in a safe way and keep you fit
    Okay guys, I listened to your advice and have added quite a lot of protein to my diet

Thanks + rep for all of you

Ugh somehow managed to run out of rep, it will have to be tomorrow
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Day 3

interval on treadmill - 10 mins, 72 calls burned
    Breakfast - A hard boiled egg, two slices of toast with margarine.

Lunch - grilled tomato with grilled chicken thigh.

Dinner - Tina, mixed veg and mayo....yup I'm weird

Snacks - half a pomegranate, a pot of muller rice pudding, low calorie orange squash x2 and a slice of Victoria sponge :/

Cals in= 1143
    Cals out= 360

Net = 781
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    At what time do you have your dinner? because I might change some of the order of food, well your rice pudding pot.

Also with training you could just fill your school bag(preferably rucksack) with heavy books and do like sandbag training. Make yourself a circuit and do that 3-5 times before going on your treadmill.

the exercises around the 1 minute plus mark look pretty good, but it is up to you, try experimenting with a few exercises and get a good circuit going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHmce...eature=related

Also running up and down stairs a lot is good for getting your heart pumping.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    At what time do you have your dinner? because I might change some of the order of food, well your rice pudding pot.

Also with training you could just fill your school bag(preferably rucksack) with heavy books and do like sandbag training. Make yourself a circuit and do that 3-5 times before going on your treadmill.

the exercises around the 1 minute plus mark look pretty good, but it is up to you, try experimenting with a few exercises and get a good circuit going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHmce...eature=related

Also running up and down stairs a lot is good for getting your heart pumping.
    Uhm I'm trying to have dinner at around 6 now, (cause apparently thats when normal people have it ) but i used to have it at around 9

I don't have a rucksack..lool
    But yeah ill try and find a bag that I can try those exercises out with

Thank you again for all the advice and exercise routines and everything!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try having your rice pudding an hour before bed then.

7:30-8am Breakfast

12:30-1pm Lunch

Train around 4:30-5:30pm

Dinner 6pm

Snack around 10-11pm

If you have a couple of eggs for breakfast or a decent protein source with fresh orange juice you should be fine until lunch.

All depends what you feel like when you finish school on this diet, see if you're hungry and maybe adding a piece of fruit for when you finish school, say an apple or a banana.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 24, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.