The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Does anyone currenty go to Westminster?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got a conditional offer from westminster after I've been to an interview at Harrow and I must say I loved it all. But lately I've read a lot of bad comments about Westminster and although it is my firm choice I'm starting to think about going for my insurance which is Newcastle Uni. since everyone says it's amazing. But I'm really really torn apart between these 2 since I feel in love with London and the campus and it didn't look as bad as everyone says but then again, Newcastle is far more better than Westminster. Where would you go?
(edited 11 years ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by keepitnice
Hi there ChIs

I got friends who do history at regents and yeah they say it is OK. it is a tiny course with not many students so you can't judge wmin on that. what is good is that the history degree takes people with low A levs who would not get on a history degree - they let non-academic students on history so you get a good mix. but you cant judge Harrow on that because it is totally totally dfferent - the students are mostly wasters and there seem to be drug raids every ten minutes. theres some good fun students at harrow who are on "commercial music" degree which lets face it is basically a degree in playing the electric guitar which you could do on your own anyway. please dont judge harrow by regents street. its a different situation entirely.

Really?? Would you say that Regents is overall much better? Because I have heard loads of bad things about the uni as a whole (I have firmed) and I was thinking of maybe changing to a different uni in September
I started electronic engineering here year 11/12.... It was that bad I dropped out after 6 weeks! Teaching was awful. I remember it being more of a college than a professional HE institution. For the fees I was paying I was definitely not getting my money's worth.

Everything here seemed so unorganised.. Hated freshers, hated the cavendish campus. When we started I remember one of the course leaders actually saying "we're not one of the best unis like Leeds or Birmingham but unlike them we work closely with the students"... What he was saying was that Leeds etc encourage independent study and thought whereas Westminster spoon feed you.

Absolutely awful department and Uni from my experience. Stay away.

Luckily managed to get into Leeds this year... :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone currently studies Economics/business economics here?

Is it good? -Its not on the legue table so I just wanted an idea from anyone who knows about Economics here :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 24
Original post by Airbus.Boeing
I started electronic engineering here year 11/12.... It was that bad I dropped out after 6 weeks! Teaching was awful. I remember it being more of a college than a professional HE institution. For the fees I was paying I was definitely not getting my money's worth.

Everything here seemed so unorganised.. Hated freshers, hated the cavendish campus. When we started I remember one of the course leaders actually saying "we're not one of the best unis like Leeds or Birmingham but unlike them we work closely with the students"... What he was saying was that Leeds etc encourage independent study and thought whereas Westminster spoon feed you.

Absolutely awful department and Uni from my experience. Stay away.

Luckily managed to get into Leeds this year... :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What didn't you like about the teaching?
Just wondering, i'm thinking of going for Business (will be at Marylebone) campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending